Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

NFL players must stand for the anthem

F3SS

59 minutes ago, Bama13 said:

Most college teams stay in the locker room until after the anthem. I believe the pros did too until fairly recently.

They are getting paid let alone donations from the DOD. They want to protest they should do it on their own time. Not on the owners and fans dollar.....

• Like 1

1 hour ago, F3SS said:

Well apparently nobody knows except people turning over every rock they see looking for ways to be offended. The anthem is not a racist tune. If it were, everybody would already know what you know, enlightened one. 

Sounds like your making up excuses for your own ignorance. Not a good look. It's just a matter of whether you study history or not.  If it wasn't initially a "racist tune" then why did they remove the 3rd verse, oh ignorant one? Dont worry you have time to look up the answer before  you reply lol

Edited by 3rdeyemansa24
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, 3rdeyemansa24 said:

Sounds like your making up excuses for your own ignorance. Not a good look. It's just a matter of whether you study history or not.  If it wasn't initially a "racist tune" then why did they remove the 3rd verse, oh ignorant one? Dont worry you have time to look up the answer before  you reply lol

See now you’re not thinking clearly. You’re too focused on proving yourself right. I didn’t say initially. That’s you're own little fun fact to be outraged about. I said it is not a racist tune and since we need to be over the top with clarity here that means it is not a racist tune in its final and official form. 

Edited by F3SS
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, 3rdeyemansa24 said:

A few hours ago you didn't even know who Francis Scott key was lol. My point is you cant blame people for not respecting a  song written by a racist , I think that's common sense. If you ask me, they should've just ditched all 3 verses not just one, and came up with another anthem.

The Star Spangled Banner is a great great anthem and an inspiration to millions, not just Americans, but to individuals worldwide!

So is this beauty of a song sung by the late-great Kate Smith!

• Like 1

19 hours ago, 3rdeyemansa24 said:

A few hours ago you didn't even know who Francis Scott key was lol. My point is you cant blame people for not respecting a  song written by a racist , I think that's common sense. If you ask me, they should've just ditched all 3 verses not just one, and came up with another anthem.

Do what we did in Australia, repurpose an Irish drinking song as your national anthem.

• Haha 1