Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Reincaration

docyabut2

15 minutes ago, Guyver said:

Physics do not deny the afterlife, anymore than they deny the existence of God. 

Yes they do. Its all in the Sean Carroll video I posted a few pages back. That you refuse to hear the Physics behind the claim tells me you just don't want to know. 

That you think so, is really telling about your mindset and how you view the world. 

Its not my mindset, it's the result of evidences presented by the top Physicist at Caltech, but you feel your opinion is stronger than his lifes work in his field of study? 

Why don't you visit his blog, it's called Preposterous Universe and tell him physics is wrong, or that he doesn't understand physics. 

He is smarter than all of use tied together and folded over, yet you dismiss his claims for superstition. You're in denial. 

Science and physics (a subset of it) are not about proving or disproving things.  They are about understanding what exists in this natural world and attempting to explain it. 

You just don't understand science at all do you? 

Discerning the merits of competing claims is where the empirical basis of science should play a role. I cannot stress often enough that what science is all about is not proving things to be true but proving them to be false. What fails the test of empirical reality, as determined by observation and experiment, gets thrown out like yesterday's newspaper.

Lawrence M. Krauss

What we - that is, those of us who are open to discussion - are talking about has to do with things that are non-physical in nature and therefore not subject to the laws of physics or their expression.  Science and physics don't have the ability to measure these things.  But they can observe and document these things if/andor when they do interact.....if they are so inclined.  

And pray tell, how are you determining something to be beyond physics? 

Is it because it sounds good and seems like a loophole? 

And in this case they have.  A researcher spent 40 years gathering data on 2500 different cases similar in nature.  This information has been gathered in a reliable and scientific fashion......and statistically speaking, along with what is known by physics as we understand it....what has been observed is unlikely or impossible.

Even Stevenson admitted that. He said there's no mechanism to support his theories, which is an admission that it's not evidence. 

21 minutes ago, Guyver said:

Whatever dude.  We're done here.  Let me know when you wish to grow up and speak with the adults in the room.  Seriously.  Check that.  Don't let me know.  Let me figure it out for myself and then get back to you.

Fail. 

You mean when I'm ready to agree with you without challenge you will be more receptive? 

Gee, what a shock. 

3 hours ago, psyche101 said:

Its not my mindset, it's the result of evidences presented by the top Physicist at Caltech, but you feel your opinion is stronger than his lifes work in his field of study? 

My opinion.....no.  My experience yes.....if he, like you; attempts to claim that they're not real.  Absolutely.  To claim that there is currently no known mechanism to explain them, sure....that I accept.  

3 hours ago, psyche101 said:

You mean when I'm ready to agree with you without challenge you will be more receptive? 

Gee, what a shock. 

True to a degree.  It's not personal, I'm sure that you would make a fine opponent in debate.  It's more as I said.....I don't really care that much right now.  That could change, things always can.....but no.  At the moment I'm not interested in debating the issue.  You've made your point.....I've made mine.  I'm satisfied with that.  I'm convinced that any more would just be a waste of time.  You have your opinion, that's not going to change.....I have mine, same thing applies and neither of us will convince the other.  As an atheist, your worldview does not explain my life experience......but I'm not even interested in discussing that.  

If you are interested in discussing physics.  I'd like to hear what you have to say about quantum entanglement.  I don't want to hear what a video says about it - i know how to google, and i know youtube.  I said I'd be interested in hearing what you have to say about it.  Other than that....not much else to say.  So, regards.  

2 hours ago, Guyver said:

My opinion.....no.  My experience yes.....if he, like you; attempts to claim that they're not real.  Absolutely.  To claim that there is currently no known mechanism to explain them, sure....that I accept.  

Why do you insist a rational explanation is impossible? 

We only associate the unusual with the supernatural because 'it's an answer' and stories make such ideals seem realistic. It's an expectation also from aspects such as indoctrination. 

It doesn't mean a conventional answer would be impossible.

4 hours ago, Guyver said:

True to a degree.  It's not personal, I'm sure that you would make a fine opponent in debate.  It's more as I said.....I don't really care that much right now.  That could change, things always can.....but no.  At the moment I'm not interested in debating the issue. 

Well, put like that, a I can say is fair enough! 

I can respect that. 

You've made your point.....I've made mine. 

I don't feel I have, I honestly feel the evidence is just to strong to dismiss. For experiences like yours there just has to be another answer. 

I'm satisfied with that.  I'm convinced that any more would just be a waste of time.  You have your opinion, that's not going to change.....I have mine, same thing applies and neither of us will convince the other. 

I'm not kidding when I said I could indeed change my mind based on sound evidence. But it would have to be better than the evidence we already have that denies the notion. And it's pretty sound to be honest. 

As an atheist, your worldview does not explain my life experience......but I'm not even interested in discussing that.  

I respect that, I'd probably naturally try and find a prosaic explanation, and you'd naturally probably resent that, and that's OK, I won't belabour the point. 

If you are interested in discussing physics.  I'd like to hear what you have to say about quantum entanglement.  I don't want to hear what a video says about it - i know how to google, and i know youtube.  I said I'd be interested in hearing what you have to say about it.  Other than that....not much else to say.  So, regards.  

What's to say? It's an amazing process. 

What's to guess? Well going right out a limb with no science behind this wild speculation, we have a few conundrums at the moment don't we? Dark matter and the moments before the universe existed, as well as a grand unification theory. I would wildly guess that the origins of the universe could have somthing to do with this pairing imprint that could be connected via dark matter, which might be the piece of the puzzle we have been looking for to complete a grand unification theory. Dark matter is a particle we can't even identify yet. Could it be connected to the bubbling boiling brew of nothing that Krauss is talking about? Is that what we can't see but is strong enough to make the universe expand? Can it work like a network for entanglement? With QM having such different and chaotic rules, maybe entanglement is what causes the chaos. 

Like I said, I'm making stuff up, but that seems plausible to me at least. Just my imagination now :)

• Like 2

21 hours ago, psyche101 said:

You just don't understand science at all do you? 

I don’t like you.

1 hour ago, Guyver said:

I don’t like you.

Well at least that much is mutual. You're too closed minded to hold a discussion. 

1 hour ago, psyche101 said:

Well at least that much is mutual. You're too closed minded to hold a discussion. 

I know right?  You probably dislike all believers and everyone else who disagrees with you.  But you actually like them because you get to use that trite old canard you throw down about no else besides you understanding science.  What a joke.  

I would say whatever works for you: but in this case I don’t because it makes you less.

Food for thought. We are now 7 billions humans on earth. 30 years ago we were 5. Obviously if reincarnation exist most of human souls must come from something else not from other humans. Are we talking about insects reincarnating into humans? If so then some human lifes are worthless which isn't obviously the case. Dilemma? 

Edited by qxcontinuum
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, qxcontinuum said:

Food for thought. We are now 7 billions humans on earth. 30 years ago we were 5. Obviously if reincarnation exist most of human souls must come from something else not from other humans. Are we talking about insects reincarnating into humans? If so then some human lifes are worthless which isn't obviously the case. Dilemma? 

Not as I se it.  There are people who claim to have experiences with “the other side” and I know this can be criticized by people...but they say that there’s a whole que of souls waiting to jump into this place because of the pleasure of physical experience.  FWIW.

28 minutes ago, Guyver said:

Not as I se it.  There are people who claim to have experiences with “the other side” and I know this can be criticized by people...but they say that there’s a whole que of souls waiting to jump into this place because of the pleasure of physical experience.  FWIW.

Ok, but overall where do they come from? In just 20 years we gained 2 billion ppl, 4 since the beginning of the century . Normally doing the math were ending up with more bodies than souls... 

• Thanks 1

I know right?  You probably dislike all believers and everyone else who disagrees with you.  

Not at all, just the a holes like you and hab

You don't know what my argument or opinion is. You never bothered to look past your own prejudices. Closed minded. It has to be a superstitious answer, science could never answer it right? 

Look at your childish behaviour about the physics of nothing. 

But you actually like them because you get to use that trite old canard you throw down about no else besides you understanding science.  What a joke.  

You said science is not about proving or disproving. 

You were wrong, it does disprove, that's how we supersede information, and that's what science does, betters understanding, so your comment would indicate you were not aware of that. 

Or do you dismiss what the best minds in the world have to offer there too? If your ego wasn't so monumental you might have even got a chuckle there. 

Yes science does disprove things  think about it. You were wrong and your being rude to others because you were wrong. Maybe that's your gig huh? 

I would say whatever works for you: but in this case I don’t because it makes you less.

And if that's the best you can do, that alone says more than enough about you. Your just another self riteous believer. If you want to see less, look in the mirror. 

Why does any one believe in the ancient orcans , readers, clairvoyants, physic's and old gypsys   glass ball readers ?  that all want to make money? in the old days is why most women  wanted to do that just to make money to live on and survived ( we all have the same minds.

Edited by docyabut2

How many of you have had a reading? we had a old ancestor`s wife that died in a tent of fire giving a glass bowl of readings :(

Edited by docyabut2

46 minutes ago, paperdoll said:

animals might be reincarnated but not humans.

:huh:  I think you have that backwards.....

• Haha 2

I don't like the definition of recycling here, it implies there is sorting involved ... that's the ugly can of stink of the worms

~