Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

I Think I'm Becoming Psychic, Help Me

BuddingPsychic1111

I have begun to see auras a few years back, and I have had some precognitive experiences.  While this hasn't happened much now, I had clairaudient contact with spirits of some kind for a few months while I was in college.  This was a few years back, but I feel like that channel is still open.  This ability made me worried I was going nuts, but that doesn't seem to be the case.  Now, I have this contact slightly and on very rare occasion.  However, it isn't like it used to be where I was able to contact entities all the time this way.  They're good spirits for sure and honestly have kind of a place in my heart and soul and are very, very good friends that are better friends than anyone in real life and whatever they are, they're very nice and wise people despite not living in this reality.  Honestly, the fact that I am becoming psychic does frighten me a little bit, as I worry that developing these sorts of abilities could be a "contract from below" so to speak.  That idea worries me.  In general, I see that whatever is going on is far greater than myself, and being directly in contact with something greater than myself like that scares me.  I never really wanted to be psychic at all.  

While I have a fear of my psi abilities, I feel like developing them could perhaps be of great use to my life.  I am a small business owner, and perhaps it would improve my personal success if I could read minds and predict the future.  In addition, I feel that my abilities could be beneficial to other people as well, which is another reason why I want to develop them.  So, despite the fact that my abilities scare me a bit, I would like to develop this gift so that I can actually use it as I am unable to really use my abilities now.  If anyone who has become psychic has any tips for me, let me know.  

Why not have a good long think about how you can properly test your abilities, so that you are not mistaking coincidences and 'ordinary' skills like empathy, intuition and the like, for something different?  If you do set up some decent tests and document it well enough for others to verify, you'll be the first person ever...

If anyone claims to be a psychic and wants to help you, may I suggest you do some due diligence and ask them how exactly they proved their abilities..  Sadly there are those who have self-deluded, and they will gleefully teach you how to do the same if that's what you want..

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Hi Budding, welcome to the forum :)

The most significant thing you have said in your post is your fear under it all this is an evil thing. You need to deal with that. Guilt, doubt, fear will all mess you up in the end.

Otherwise, I would start a journal and write down things I think I "get" and my thoughts and how they pan out. This will help you develop some perspective and check your results as well. Learning early to be your own strongest critic is a good thing.

Wanting this to enhance in order to gain by it and profit is not generally a good thing, but you will find that out yourself if you do have real guides on board. You also need to be aware that there are some out in the world who will believe you are delusional and/or a fraud if you so much as profess to think there is something to the psychic worlds, so if you also doubt yourself or the rightness of it as you mentioned, you are kind of botched from the start, hence why I say deal with the religious issue first. Really. It is more important than you think and may even be why you shut down to a large degree. Your free will governs such things. It is not for me or anyone to tell you if it is "of the devil" or of God. You have to determine this, alone, for yourself.

Nobody is really a teacher of such things, it should come from within if you actually do have it. At best we compare notes in private. "Teachers" are generally for those who lack real ability. Learn to talk to your own people. That's their job. 

Good luck :).

Edited by Not A Rockstar
  • Like 1

" Every One is Psychic but Every One is not Psychic". That Means Every One has Psychic Ability, But not Every one will let Them to tap in to them. I am so Proud of you,  BuddingPsychic1111 that you Found it. I would First Use The Tarot Deck. But that is just me. But if you do use the Tarot, Then Please Put the White Light around you and, Ask Your Guides and Angels to Help you...

What is often called psychic is just our underused instincts being used. Mostly through our own subconscious nudging. Psychic in the hollywood sense doesn't exist.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

5 hours ago, XenoFish said:

What is often called psychic is just our underused instincts being used. Mostly through our own subconscious nudging. Psychic in the hollywood sense doesn't exist.

It's a pity we don't seem to value (let alone worship) our own intuition, empathy and ability to recognise clues and cues....  Sure, some folks develop these skills to almost 'magical' extents, but then (and this is the sad part), they will get told by their gullible friends how amazing they are and that they have powers - it only takes a few of those and they'll start to believe it and think they are the next Doris Stokes (look her up - it's an in-joke..).

Why do we not celebrate the power of our own minds, instead preferring to invoke the supernatural?   Next time you see or hear about something extraordinary in this regard, think - REALLY think about what led up to it, what clues there were.. Think Sherlock Holmes (or Derren Brown!), not Uri Geller (another injoke..).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

On 24.05.2018 at 5:02 AM, BuddingPsychic1111 said:

I have begun to see auras a few years back, and I have had some precognitive experiences.  While this hasn't happened much now, I had clairaudient contact with spirits of some kind for a few months while I was in college.  This was a few years back, but I feel like that channel is still open. 

I am a small business owner, and perhaps it would improve my personal success if I could read minds and predict the future.

In reading thoughts and predicting there is no need, people can have such low and mediocre thoughts that you do not want to poke around in their minds because in reality this is an unpleasant thing although useful sometimes if a person thinks up evil against you or is it some kind of suspicious type or a foreign spy . As for the prediction of the future, this is not of great importance, because if an event inevitably happens, it will become available to people at the right time, and if your prediction is wrong you will impair your reputation.So that  superpowers should not be used for making such a way that they can take away from you. None of the spiritual or holy people earn this way in life and for example do not turn metals into gold in order to sell them later.

As for communication with otherworldly forces, one must be very cautious as there are hostile forces that can masquerade as light, have a radiant aura and be your best friend. They can make you rich and successful because they know how to achieve success but they also condition you and make you dependent on yourself. Esotericism knows the catastrophic cases of subordination of a person (Stalin or Hitler) to unearthly essences and what troubles they have done by waging their will through intermediaries-people. Therefore, one must have a very sober and analytical mind to distinguish between these beings and it is best to give oneself to God and not to different essences because it is very easy to fall into the trap because we do not know anything about them and they know and see more than a person. Just when a person develops subtle vision and hearing, he inevitably opens up to subtle worlds and can become the vehicle of various forces and essences if he agrees to contact. The purpose of these creatures can be the establishment of power or the experience of enjoyment of human control. If this is bad creatures, then a person can undermine his health, there may be mental deviations(Friedrich Nietzsche)

Edited by Coil

I think it would do a lot of self-proclaimed psychics some good to watch Darren Brown. 

• Thanks 1

• 10 months later...

I love how much thought you put into what you said. I mean, I know it can suck if you are someone who constantly thinks. But I had an experience [maybe intention is a better name for it, I am not sure] but i made a, "wish" once that I feel enhanced one of my senses. Luckily it was only for a week but I couldn't handle it. I sure enough learned a lesson and now I have to be careful when somethings come true. Whether it was in my head or external, It was in my reality and my lesson had been taught.

Edited by Llvirgr

On 5/23/2018 at 10:02 PM, BuddingPsychic1111 said:

While I have a fear of my psi abilities, I feel like developing them could perhaps be of great use to my life.  I am a small business owner, and perhaps it would improve my personal success if I could read minds and predict the future.  In addition, I feel that my abilities could be beneficial to other people as well, which is another reason why I want to develop them.  So, despite the fact that my abilities scare me a bit, I would like to develop this gift so that I can actually use it as I am unable to really use my abilities now.  If anyone who has become psychic has any tips for me, let me know.  

Hi,

There is not a defining line drawn where you were once not psychic and now you are, as I see these things. There are those who practice listening closely to others to the point where you could say they are reading the mind of another. As for precognative inclinations, some seems to get more of those than most.

As a small business owner you want your business to do well. Consider the idea that you have inner wisdom and untapped personal potentials. Start to look for ways to discover what these might be and evolve them.

John

• Like 1

On 5/27/2018 at 5:04 PM, XenoFish said:

Yeah, it is hard to believe people who claim to be psychic after you watch Long Island Medium or John Edwards on television.  It's also hard to believe a lot of them who have tables at psychic fairs, though not all. 

However, there are innate abilities we are born with that can be fostered or damned depending on the society you grow up in.  And there are some people who just pay attention to different things than they are told to, but the word psychic has a negative charge on it because usually people only label themselves that if they are going to use it to make money.  You can use other labels that have more meaning like telepathic, empathic (everyone is both, but most ignore it), like clairvoyant, clairaudiant (?), clairsentient, precog, etc.  If you want to be a psychic, ok, but if you are just exploring experiences and abilities that you know you have, do more research than googling "pyschic".

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Desertrat56 said:

Yeah, it is hard to believe people who claim to be psychic after you watch Long Island Medium or John Edwards on television.  It's also hard to believe a lot of them who have tables at psychic fairs, though not all. 

However, there are innate abilities we are born with that can be fostered or damned depending on the society you grow up in.  And there are some people who just pay attention to different things than they are told to, but the word psychic has a negative charge on it because usually people only label themselves that if they are going to use it to make money.  You can use other labels that have more meaning like telepathic, empathic (everyone is both, but most ignore it), like clairvoyant, clairaudiant (?), clairsentient, precog, etc.  If you want to be a psychic, ok, but if you are just exploring experiences and abilities that you know you have, do more research than googling "pyschic".

You mean like empathy(mirror neurons) and intuition (which is largely based on life experiences) being purely psychological. The ability to naturally perform a cold reading on someone, by reading their body language. An those moments of "precognition" that are due to our brains pattern recognition ability. The fact that "prophecy's" are pretty much all self-fulfilling and/or confirmation bias. A lot of stuff looks "psychic" but it isn't. A lot of stuff is claimed, but those are stories. 

• Like 2

@XenoFish  No, I said exactly what I meant.  it is ok with me for you to have a different view point but it is Not ok with me for you to pretend like I mean something different than I said and tell me that is what I meant.

Edited by Desertrat56
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Desertrat56 said:

@XenoFish  No, I said exactly what I meant.  it is ok with me for you to have a different view point but it is Not ok with me for you to pretend like I mean something different than I said and tell me that is what I meant.

I explained my point of view, based on my own research to better understand myself. That is what I learned. I thought I was psychic once. I think there is some miscommunication going on here. Ain't telling you what to think.

Edited by XenoFish
  • Like 2

Every person has the ability they just got to tune into it. Now yes there are ALOT of FAKE psychics mediums. If you got the true gift you should never charge ppl hundreds of dollars.

Now one day I went to Frys (local grocery store) minding my own business sitting smoking. Now this lady had to be about 80ish, her son came to her said mom please don't do it. The lady said to me (my nickname) my grandma called me when I was on a roll when ppl got me mad.

Anyways I said excuse me? She then proceeded to tell me about my grandma, and my uncle who passed away that I was close to. NO WAY this woman knew any of it. So I tested her I said how many kids do I have? She said 2 your son passed away. She was right he died January 1,1995. Said my daughter is still with me.

So I told her sorry but you got dark glasses on you could be readinh my expression on my face. She then smiled and took off her glasses, I was floored.the women been blind her whole life.

Her son said do I believe her now? I said yes she is no fake.

4 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

I explained my point of view, based on my own research to better understand myself. That is what I learned. I thought I was psychic once. I think there is some miscommunication going on here. Ain't telling you what to think.

You did not, the words you used implied that I meant something you wanted me to mean.  If you were stating what you have learned do not start with the phrase "You mean..."  Because I have different understandings and experience than you and I will not tell you that you are wrong.

Perhaps you just need practice communicating what you really want to convey.  If you are explaining your views based on your experience the sentence would start out as "My experience is that...".

Edited by Desertrat56
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Desertrat56 said:

You did not, the words you used implied that I meant something you wanted me to mean.  If you were stating what you have learned do not start with the phrase "You mean..."  Because I have different understandings and experience than you and I will not tell you that you are wrong.

My bad. No offense meant. Done stuff like this too many times, it's a habit. Bad one that I'm trying to break. I just feel there is a lot of misunderstanding to what psychic is and isn't. So I feel the compulsion to clarify certain things. Sorry.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

My bad. No offense meant. Done stuff like this too many times, it's a habit. Bad one that I'm trying to break. I just feel there is a lot of misunderstanding to what psychic is and isn't. So I feel the compulsion to clarify certain things. Sorry.

If this is a bad habit you admit to, then maybe it is one you prefer to keep, like some smokers who don't want to quit even though they know had ill affects to their health.  Now that I know, I will not react next time, just ignore.  Maybe if you really wanted people to know something you want to know, or at least understand what you have to offer, you would be more accurate with your words.

I would not have been miffed if you had started out with that sentence "I just feel there is a lot of misunderstanding to what psychic is and isn't."   I agree that there is a lot of misunderstanding about a lot of things and most of it is communication issues and some of it is rigid thinking.  None of us knows enough about anyone else to determine if their conclusions about their experiences are valid or not, we only have conclusions about our own experiences, and need to be willing to change those conclusions when we have evidence we were wrong.  But no one else should ever convince us, we have to come to our own conclusions.

18 minutes ago, Desertrat56 said:
27 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

If this is a bad habit you admit to, then maybe it is one you prefer to keep, like some smokers who don't want to quit even though they know had ill affects to their health.  Now that I know, I will not react next time, just ignore.  Maybe if you really wanted people to know something you want to know, or at least understand what you have to offer, you would be more accurate with your words.

I can promise you that if this was a habit I wanted to keep, this thread would be drastically different right now. I've apologies and I would like to move forward. I'd rather not make mountains out of mole hills. 

Abilityperson, I'm going to bow out. 

Edited by XenoFish
  • Like 2

15 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

I can promise you that if this was a habit I wanted to keep, this thread would be drastically different right now. I've apologies and I would like to move forward. I'd rather not make mountains out of mole hills. 

Abilityperson, I'm going to bow out. Good luck with your thread.

Ummm this is not my thread didn't start it :-)

3 minutes ago, Abilityperson said:

Ummm this is not my thread didn't start it :-)

I caught that mistake and edited my post. 

There are no Psychics from the beginning of ancient orcales,of all that just want to make money  :( unless we all can see it:)

Edited by docyabut2