Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Anonymousgirl

Drawn to hell

4 posts in this topic

Anonymousgirl

Hello, now I don’t know if this is where I should be asking but iam so if you can, please help me understand . I’m 15 years old, I’m from a small town and my family’s Christian. Lately, starting about a year ago, I’ve had this urge to seek demons and oddly I’ve felt this strange connection to them. The feeling is like I know u should fear them but I sense that if I were to meet them they wouldn’t hurt me. I’ve often found myself praying to Lucifer when in fear rather than god as I did before. Now all my life I’ve been fascinated by the subject of hell and it’s occupents but this is different as I said before I feel an odd connection to them it’s a feeling of familiarity like one to a lost family member. I don’t know why this is but if you have any idea please help me understand. 

Aquila King

I personally feel that your teenage rebellion would best be served seeking after the truth of whether such beings even exist or not in the first place, rather than just a priori assuming that they do and thus seeking them out.

I like your independent rebellious nature. Not many Christians are bold enough to do that. I challenge you to do some soul-searching, find out what the true nature of the spirit world is (if it exists), find out what religion is true (if any), and most importantly think independently for yourself. Don't fear knowledge or learning new things, or understanding alternative points of view. You're young, and have a lot more searching to do, so go out and do it.

I guess what I'm saying is, don't limit yourself in any capacity. Don't assume such things as 'demons' and 'hell' exists without trying to find out for yourself. Research alternative viewpoints in other religious and spiritual teachings, as well as skeptical atheistic viewpoints, and form your own opinions.

This may not be what you were looking for, but that's just my thoughts on the matter.

Best of luck, and welcome to UM.

• Like 5

Likely Guy
36 minutes ago, Anonymousgirl said:

Hello, now I don’t know if this is where I should be asking but iam so if you can, please help me understand . I’m 15 years old, I’m from a small town and my family’s Christian. Lately, starting about a year ago, I’ve had this urge to seek demons and oddly I’ve felt this strange connection to them. The feeling is like I know u should fear them but I sense that if I were to meet them they wouldn’t hurt me. I’ve often found myself praying to Lucifer when in fear rather than god as I did before. Now all my life I’ve been fascinated by the subject of hell and it’s occupents but this is different as I said before I feel an odd connection to them it’s a feeling of familiarity like one to a lost family member. I don’t know why this is but if you have any idea please help me understand. 

Please don't lead yourself down a dark path to destruction. I'm far from religious and don't believe that demons exist. However, evil people do and they'll try to warp your mind if you let them.

You're young and rebellious, that's entirely normal. You're unhappy with the spiritual path you feel that was chosen for you and the natural urge is to swing the pendulum entirely in the opposite direction. Please talk to a professional.

Welcome to UM.

• Like 3

Not A Rockstar

Superior advice up there ^^ so I hope you pay attention to it.

The results will depend on if you are mature enough and honest enough with yourself to see that this is due primarily to a sense of rebellion and natural need to test rules and boundaries. Maybe in the end you will go another way, or maybe in the end you will find yourself with a new and personal faith in your Christian beginnings. Time will tell.

I will tell you that it is a myth that the dark paths are somehow romantic and exciting. That road attracts a lot of negative people as much as it also attracts a few good folks. When I was actively working as a priest in Vodou I'd say roughly 80% were seeking that sort of thing in order for personal gains and power and to get revenge or "even" with others in their life. In other words, they were not a lick better or finer than many you have met in the churchy environment. These were more overt about it, though, lacking the Biblical sort of things that kept them in some check. I do not get the vibe off you that this is what you really want for running buddies. You are not this type. 

If you do not have a deep interest in psychology and possibly facing years of psycho analysis if you cannot master doing it for yourself, then the dark roads are not advisable. I am not going to waste time going into that much further as I didn't listen either, but, I can tell you there are entire worlds of wonderful options out there that can give your life deep meaning far more lasting and safely than chasing demonology right out of the chute. Demons and that stuff is kind of old hat and rapidly boring, actually, and just seems like the alternative because of your Christian viewpoint. Take some time and look around out there and check into other things for a while. There is no need to rush. Just seeking with an open mind and learning is a real rush in itself if you are a bright mind, as you seem to be.

Welcome to the forums :) 

• Like 4