Jump to content
Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Still Waters

MH17 downed by Russian military missile

129 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Still Waters

The missile that downed a Malaysia Airlines flight over eastern Ukraine in 2014 belonged to a Russian brigade, international investigators say.

For the first time, the Dutch-led team said the missile came from a Russian brigade based in the city of Kursk.

All 298 people on board the Boeing 777 died when it broke apart in mid-air flying from Amsterdam to Kuala Lumpur.

It was hit by a BUK missile fired from rebel-held territory in Ukraine. Russia says none of its weapons was used.

But on Thursday Wilbert Paulissen, a Dutch official from the Joint Investigation Team (JIT), told reporters: "All the vehicles in a convoy carrying the missile were part of the Russian armed forces."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-44235402

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
LV-426

Just let me get my post in before the usual suspects claim a dastardly Western plot to discredit and demonize the poor Russian government... :rolleyes:

  • Like 5
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
aztek

in related news, japan attacked Perl harbor by using its planes

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
stevewinn

of course it was the Russians just as it was their troops who invaded Ukraine and annexed Crimea both of which Russia denied, just as they denied any involvement with flight MH17.

  • Thanks 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Still Waters
Quote

Russia is facing international calls to accept responsibility for the downing of flight MH17 over eastern Ukraine in 2014, which caused the deaths of all 298 people onboard.

Australia and the Netherlands on Friday accused Moscow of complicity in the incident, while Britain’s foreign secretary, Boris Johnson, said the Kremlin “must now answer for its actions”.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2018/may/25/mh17-australia-and-netherlands-accuse-russia-of-complicity

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
aztek

the Russia's answer

raw

 

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Phaeton80
On 24-5-2018 at 12:52 PM, LV-426 said:

Just let me get my post in before the usual suspects claim a dastardly Western plot to discredit and demonize the poor Russian government... :rolleyes:


And, ofcourse, I am one of those 'usual suspects'. ..And why would that be, one might ask..

Well thats a strange thing actually, it is for the simple reason I have demanded explicit proof used in a court of law to establish the guilt of the accused in the Skripal case, before any penalties and / or sanctions are issued (explicit 'secret' proof btw, that still hasnt been forthcoming). Using a judicial process to establish guilt, as is the case with any criminal investigation in the civilized world. Which certainly isnt irrational, especially given the clearcut fact we have been lied before in a very similar scenario. And yet, curiously, in instances like these, we suddenly dont like to adhere to that fundament of international law, the very thing we like to use to set ourselves apart from the usual non- Western 'Banana Republics'. A rather curious and disconcerting trend.

Another curious and disconcerting trend that can be oberved in regards to thesame events is the fact that anyone who doesnt fall in line with the generally accepted narrative, is agressively - and I do mean agressively - attacked / bullied from all sides using the most infantile accusations (ie. 'Russian Stooge'), character assassination, hatchet jobs with extreme prejudice. Unnecessary, uncalled for, and extremely unbecoming.

In any case, I'd love to see the provided evidence from this case used in a court of law, and I do hope the Russians will cooperate (if not, implication of guilt); ideally with the whole process being televized on national TV. I'm glad my own government has at least implied their intention to bring this to court (ICoJ), and at least seem to have some concrete evidence backing up their claims. Although I personally dont think it is the unequivocal proof it has been forwarded as ('onomstotelijk bewijs'). I thought the rather desperate call for more witnesses was a peculiar touch as well, given the definitive conclusions verbalised, remarkable.

Has anyone here actually studied the provided evidence, or do we think it so obvious Russia is to blame that isnt necessary?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
and then
1 hour ago, Phaeton80 said:

In any case, I'd love to see the provided evidence from this case used in a court of law, and I do hope the Russians will cooperate (if not, implication of guilt); ideally with the whole process being televized on national TV.

I agree this would be the most just outcome.  As you say, if the Russians are unwilling to answer with evidence of their own, implication of guilt.  I don't understand why a Russian commander would have intentionally slaughtered innocent civilians in a way that would prejudice a huge number of countries against them.  What purpose would it serve?  I believe they've proven themselves capable of it - KAL 007 - but that was a different time and a different circumstance.  This seems more like a rogue element that acted without authority.  If that's the case, Moscow would do best to admit it, pay reparations and move on.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Phaeton80
18 minutes ago, and then said:

I agree this would be the most just outcome.  As you say, if the Russians are unwilling to answer with evidence of their own, implication of guilt.  I don't understand why a Russian commander would have intentionally slaughtered innocent civilians in a way that would prejudice a huge number of countries against them.  What purpose would it serve?  I believe they've proven themselves capable of it - KAL 007 - but that was a different time and a different circumstance.  This seems more like a rogue element that acted without authority.  If that's the case, Moscow would do best to admit it, pay reparations and move on.


:o I completely erm.. agree ?!


Ok, so Im going to take some time and reflect on this bizar experience, I need to process this.

  • Haha 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
LV-426

To be honest, I'm not familiar enough with the finer details to make a call.

If I had to guess, I'd say an accident rather than a deliberate act.

The problem with the Russians is getting anywhere with investigations due to the "deny everything" policy. Even the pro-Russian posters here must surely see this is the default Russian response in any given situation.

Maybe that is true to some degree of all nations, but the Russians turn it into a fine art.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
aztek

it was a mistake, not deliberate act, rebels shot 2 or 3 Ukraine military planes before. i'm also pretty sure everyone involved who could talk already dead

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
RoofGardener

Well, if it's good enough for the Dutch, it's good enough for me !

(saving your presence, Phaeton80) :D 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Phaeton80
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, RoofGardener said:

Well, if it's good enough for the Dutch, it's good enough for me !

(saving your presence, Phaeton80) :D 


Ofcourse it is Gardener, until similar accusations are issued against a nation you regard to be 'the good guys', Im sure its easily ''good enough for you'. Im quite sure you would be all over the evidence if issued against, say, Israel. Just like you would have demanded a more able body of proof if the tables were turned in the Skripal case. 'Bias'

Thats why a judicial process is so important, it deals with facts, not emotion, not bias. Or that is what it should be anyway, lose that; and all bets are off. These are very troubling precedents that have been set, imho.

 

Edited by Phaeton80

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
RoofGardener
Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, Phaeton80 said:


Ofcourse it is Gardener, until similar accusations are issued against a nation you regard to be 'the good guys', Im sure its easily ''good enough for you'. Im quite sure you would be all over the evidence if issued against, say, Israel. Just like you would have demanded a more able body of proof if the tables were turned in the Skripal case. 'Bias'

Thats why a judicial process is so important, it deals with facts, not emotion, not bias. Or that is what it should be anyway, lose that; and all bets are off. These are very troubling precedents that have been set, imho.

 

.. or perhaps it has something to do with the credibility of the source ? :) 

The Dutch National Police investigator seems credible to me. That doesn't necessarily mean that he is correct. But I'd give his statement more weight than - say - a response about Israel or "good guys" :) 

Anyway... how would a "judicial process" work ? How would you summon the 52nd Anti-Aircraft Brigade into a courtroom ? They wouldn't fit ! :D 

Edited by RoofGardener
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
GlitterRose
7 hours ago, LV-426 said:

To be honest, I'm not familiar enough with the finer details to make a call.

If I had to guess, I'd say an accident rather than a deliberate act.

The problem with the Russians is getting anywhere with investigations due to the "deny everything" policy. Even the pro-Russian posters here must surely see this is the default Russian response in any given situation.

Maybe that is true to some degree of all nations, but the Russians turn it into a fine art.

It doesn't matter if you're on the wrong side of history as long as you can get people to believe something else. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
GlitterRose

I'm gonna go with what seems to be typical.

They did it and they're completely full of ****. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
skliss
8 hours ago, and then said:

I agree this would be the most just outcome.  As you say, if the Russians are unwilling to answer with evidence of their own, implication of guilt.  I don't understand why a Russian commander would have intentionally slaughtered innocent civilians in a way that would prejudice a huge number of countries against them.  What purpose would it serve?  I believe they've proven themselves capable of it - KAL 007 - but that was a different time and a different circumstance.  This seems more like a rogue element that acted without authority.  If that's the case, Moscow would do best to admit it, pay reparations and move on.

I've seen conspiracy theories that have something to do with a group of top Aids researchers who were on that flight being the targets. Not really for sure why .......?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Captain Risky
Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, aztek said:

the Russia's answer

raw

 

 

 

LOL... for the picture. 

...of course it was Russia but at what point does Malaysian Airlines take some blame for flying over the war zone??? 

Edited by Captain Risky
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Captain Risky
2 hours ago, ChaosRose said:

I'm gonna go with what seems to be typical.

They did it and they're completely full of ****. 

yea, thats about the size of it. what ever happened to a mistake was made, we thought it was a Ukrainian military aircraft flying towards our troops in Eastern Ukraine. we shot it down what can we do to to help. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
bee
Posted (edited)


OP link....http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-44235402

quote bolded...

At a news conference in the Dutch city of Utrecht, the investigators also showed social media pictures which they said traced the route the missile convoy had taken to reach eastern Ukraine.

'social media pictures'........... 'which they say.'.........

like that 1:28 minute zoomy in and out so called 'witness video' couldn't be faked.....

especially as it has conveniently turned up now - years later.... and on the heels of the false flag Syria chemical
attack and the Salisbury Poisoning debacle - 

 

 

 

Edited by bee

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
bee
On 5/24/2018 at 11:52 AM, LV-426 said:

Just let me get my post in before the usual suspects claim a dastardly Western plot to discredit and demonize the poor Russian government... :rolleyes:


says one of the usual demonizer suspects... 


nice.little ad hominem to kick off the thread... .....:rolleyes:

I've said it before and I'll say it again... I will not be mind controlled into believing that Russia is the enemy -

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Helen of Annoy
5 hours ago, Captain Risky said:

yea, thats about the size of it. what ever happened to a mistake was made, we thought it was a Ukrainian military aircraft flying towards our troops in Eastern Ukraine. we shot it down what can we do to to help. 

Loot the scattered belongings of the victims of the crash. Then upload videos of looting and using looted makeup, as one Russian girlfriend did.

Of course it was a mistake, of course they aimed for what they thought is Ukrainian military plane, but what was Russian BUK doing in Ukraine, shooting Ukrainian planes down? 

By the way, the guy who was in charge is known and alive. It's all over Internet, I'm not posting any links anymore, which may sound strange but we live in strange times indeed.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Phaeton80
5 hours ago, Captain Risky said:

LOL... for the picture. 

...of course it was Russia but at what point does Malaysian Airlines take some blame for flying over the war zone??? 


Wouldnt that be the direct responsibility of the Ukrainian air traffic control?

No diversion into or over Ukrainian territory is allowed unless explicitly authorized by ATC, including altitude.. the recordings of which I would be interested to hear.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Still Waters
Quote

Putin dismisses MH17 findings and says 'of course' Russia is not to blame for tragedy

As Western powers point the finger at Russia for shooting down MH17, Vladimir Putin says the investigation cannot be trusted.

https://news.sky.com/story/putin-dismisses-mh17-findings-and-says-of-course-russia-is-not-to-blame-for-tragedy-11385434

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
LV-426
1 hour ago, bee said:

says one of the usual demonizer suspects... 


nice.little ad hominem to kick off the thread... .....:rolleyes:

I've said it before and I'll say it again... I will not be mind controlled into believing that Russia is the enemy -

No, you'll just buy into absolutely any crackpot story that fits your own narrative instead, to the point that you make posts heartily congratulating Putin on his re-election, along with posts suggesting every government and military agency in your own country is part of some evil plot to discredit him.

Meanwhile you dismiss any story whatsoever that dares to tarnish your man. No... that doesn't sound like you are being mind controlled at all...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.