Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

I'm looking for ghost hunters

studentjess

Hi everyone,

I am a 24-year-old student from the Netherlands and currently I am writing my thesis to graduate. My thesis is about dark tourism, more specifically ghost hunt tourism, and why people like to go on ghost hunt tours; what motivates them? To gather the necessary information, I need to interview people who have gone ghost hunting before or those who haven't but are planning to do so! 

The interview itself is completely anonymous and the questions solely revolve around ghost hunting and why you enjoy going on hunts and what you think is important for a hunt. These hunts can be ones you have done with a company or ones you have set up yourself/with others. 

As I'm new to this forum I don't know the exact policy behind swapping e-mails, but it might be best if you Message me via my profile? 

I hope it's okay I use this platform to gather people I can interview; I have gone on a hunt myself in Nottingham, England, and everyone was very nice and gave me their e-mails to be interviewed, only to ignore me when I actually e-mailed them to set up the interview :'). I had to get creative! But please let me know if I'm breaking community rules or if I'm close to breaking one.

To be clear, there will be no in-depth questions about any encounters you might have had, as that is not what I'm researching, so don't be afraid that I'm some skeptic trying to debunk everything you say. The only thing I'm interested in knowing is why you like to go ghost hunting, how did you become interested in ghost hunting, what are your expectations, etc. 

Best and I hope to get some responses,

Jess

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• rashore

• freetoroam

• studentjess

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, studentjess said:

The only thing I'm interested in knowing is why you like to go ghost hunting, how did you become interested in ghost hunting, what are your expectations, etc. 

I used to go ghost hunting many years ago...my expertations = to see a ghost.

The results = nada! 

My conclusion = all in the mind, but good for freaking yourself out. 

Welcome to UM. 

• The topic was locked

I'm sorry studentjess, but participation requests are against the site rules:

1e. Participation requests: Do not ask members to take part in offsite surveys, petitions, contests, campaigns or fundraisers.

This does include asking people for their personal emails to conduct off-site interviews.

Thread closed.