Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

All Roads Lead Back to Barack Obama

ellapenella

And P.S. my son is going to school full time and works at the BMV full time...he works his tail off and has to deal with some really nasty people all with a smile on his face courtesy to everyone. Soooo...be nice to your local BMV worker...he's somebody's son. :D

• Like 1

Hmmm...let's see.

Administration with no scandals...check.

Administration with outrageous amount of scandals, that wants to deflect...

check.

Not working...

check.

• Haha 1

Well let's see...

Obama, his former aides, and his media devotees have been making this claim for years. With so much repetition, it has become a popular urban legend. But popularity isn’t truth.

The 44th president may not have been “embarrassed” by them, but his administration abounded in scandals, in at least three of which Americans died. Here’s a refresher:

https://www.bostonglobe.com/opinion/2018/03/06/obama-repeats-myth-that-his-administration-was-free-scandal/oyXEqY1QktjuXSL9Yj21IM/story.html

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

15 hours ago, ChaosRose said:

Hmmm...let's see.

Administration with no scandals...check.

Administration with outrageous amount of scandals, that wants to deflect...

check.

Not working...

check.

Note that this is coming from one of the most progressive voices online:

You know as well as anyone here that I despise Trump, and Trump is undoubtedly one of if not the most scandalous President we've ever had in US history. However Obama's report card is hardly the cleanest report card on Earth.

Granted, most of the right-wing attacks against the Obama administration are BS (mainly because they agree with a lot of the scandals actually, so they just make up other s**t like the whole 'birtherism' nonsense). Although there are a number of legitimate scandalous things that happened under the Obama administration, and it's not good for progressives to keep pretending otherwise for partisan reasons. We need to stand on principles above party.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The biggest "scandal" I remember was that he asked for dijon mustard once. 

Deflect, deflect, deflect.

Trump is quite likely guilty of treason. 

There is no comparison, no matter how much people try to make one. 

Just now, ChaosRose said:

Then let me ask you for example, what's your opinion of Edward Snowden? Did Obama do right by trying to prosecute him for whistleblowing?

1 minute ago, ChaosRose said:

Deflect, deflect, deflect.

Trump is quite likely guilty of treason. 

There is no comparison, no matter how much people try to make one. 

I don't disagree with a thing you said. By comparison, Trump is undoubtedly the most corrupt President we've had.

I'm simply saying that Obama wasn't perfect. There were definite flaws, and it's not good to deny them. It makes you appear like you're only anti-Trump for partisan reasons as opposed to standing on principle.

• Like 1

Just now, Aquila King said:

Then let me ask you for example, what's your opinion of Edward Snowden? Did Obama do right by trying to prosecute him for whistleblowing?

I don't disagree with a thing you said. By comparison, Trump is undoubtedly the most corrupt President we've had.

I'm simply saying that Obama wasn't perfect. There were definite flaws, and it's not good to deny them. It makes you appear like you're only anti-Trump for partisan reasons as opposed to standing on principle.

Oh, yeah...that's the best policy here.

Let's highlight whatever speck we can find in Obama's eye (even if it's made up) while the propaganda machine makes sure no one can see the giant log in Trump's.

That's a great tactic.

That's worked so far. 

What I can see a whole lot of is Republicans trying to make scandals out of nothing, and then ignoring the huge scandals they've actually got going on. 

1 minute ago, .ZZ. said:

DeFqX9PUwAAjFmJ.jpg

NSA mass surveillance is really the only major scandal on that list. The rest is either BS or I agree with. (although a couple I personally haven't heard of like the 'Bowie Bergdhal swap'. I have no clue what you're talking about there)

See, this is what I mean by most of the right wing 'scandals' Obama's accused of are BS, because the other real scandals most right-wingers actually secretly agree with or ignore. So they just make up other s**t to get outraged over.

You are just taking the bait, Aquila...and now we're not talking about Trump selling us out to the Russians anymore.

That was exactly the point of this thread.

19 minutes ago, ChaosRose said:

Oh, yeah...that's the best policy here.

Let's highlight whatever speck we can find in Obama's eye (even if it's made up) while the propaganda machine makes sure no one can see the giant log in Trump's.

That's a great tactic.

That's worked so far. 

A speck? You do realize Edward Snowden was a hero who exposed the crimes of the US government right? The US massive unwarranted NSA spying on it's citizens is a blatant violation of our constitutional rights to privacy and is therefore illegal, yet Obama called for the arrest of Edward Snowden and he has sense been exiled. We should be awarding him a medal, but instead he's treated as a traitor. I'd say that's a pretty serious scandal.

18 minutes ago, ChaosRose said:

What I can see a whole lot of is Republicans trying to make scandals out of nothing, and then ignoring the huge scandals they've actually got going on. 

I agree with you on that. They do that undoubtedly, but you're ignoring some of the major scandals of Obama.

• How about (what I view as the biggest one), how drone strikes under his administration killed 90% the wrong people?
  • How about how he increased bombing to 8 different countries without congress's approval to go to war?
  • How about how he failed to shut down GTMO which he could've easily done due to it being established against international law in the first place?

These are serious issues Rose.

Yes, Trump is a 1000 times worse, I agree. I voted for Obama even knowing half this s**t (lesser of evils and all). But that doesn't erase the fact that these things shouldn't have happened, and that he should be called out for it.

13 minutes ago, ChaosRose said:

You are just taking the bait, Aquila...and now we're not talking about Trump selling us out to the Russians anymore.

That was exactly the point of this thread.

I know that the point of this thread is to just senselessly blame Obama for everything. That's why I made fun of the OP in memes to begin with. It's outright nonsense that the right just wants to blame Obama for every damn thing that ever goes wrong, it's stupid, and annoying as hell. However, that isn't the point.

The point is that Obama's record is not squeaky clean like you make it out to be. There are undoubtedly a few major blemishes that need to be called out. Yes, he's better than pretty much any Republican, and if I had the choice to vote for him again versus another Republican I would. But he's not perfectly scandal-less.

Obama's just a mixed bag. Some things I really like and support him on, and others I despise with a passion.

EDIT: Also, you know how I feel about the whole Russia stuff already. I feel like we should focus on the key issues that plague America versus chant "Russia Russia Russia!!" all the time. If that's the dems strategy moving forward, we'll lose, because we aren't telling people what we support. It's only about what we're against.

I've said my peace.

Edited by Aquila King
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Aquila King said:

A speck? You do realize Edward Snowden was a hero who exposed the crimes of the US government right? The US massive unwarranted NSA spying on it's citizens is a blatant violation of our constitutional rights to privacy and is therefore illegal, yet Obama called for the arrest of Edward Snowden and he has sense been exiled. We should be awarding him a medal, but instead he's treated as a traitor. I'd say that's a pretty serious scandal.

I agree with you on that. They do that undoubtedly, but you're ignoring some of the major scandals of Obama.

• How about (what I view as the biggest one), how drone strikes under his administration killed 90% the wrong people?
  • How about how he increased bombing to 8 different countries without congress's approval to go to war?
  • How about how he failed to shut down GTMO which he could've easily done due to it being established against international law in the first place?

These are serious issues Rose.

Yes, Trump is a 1000 times worse, I agree. I voted for Obama even knowing half this s**t (lesser of evils and all). But that doesn't erase the fact that these things shouldn't have happened, and that he should be called out for it.

I know that the point of this thread is to just senselessly blame Obama for everything. That's why I made fun of the OP in memes to begin with. It's outright nonsense that the right just wants to blame Obama for every damn thing that ever goes wrong, it's stupid, and annoying as hell. However, that isn't the point.

The point is that Obama's record is not squeaky clean like you make it out to be. There are undoubtedly a few major blemishes that need to be called out. Yes, he's better than pretty much any Republican, and if I had the choice to vote for him again versus another Republican I would. But he's not perfectly scandal-less.

Obama's just a mixed bag. Some things I really like and support him on, and others I despise with a passion.

EDIT: Also, you know how I feel about the whole Russia stuff already. I feel like we should focus on the key issues that plague America versus chant "Russia Russia Russia!!" all the time. If that's the dems strategy moving forward, we'll lose, because we aren't telling people what we support. It's only about what we're against.

I've said my peace.

See how hard it is to "discuss" or "debate" or any other said reasoning for the UM politics section when others simply play tribal and stick their fingers in their ears playing "see,hear,speak" no opposition...

You are 100% correct "Russia,Russia,Russia" will cost the Dems dearly as it does nothing for the economy,immigration reform,ect.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Aquila King said:

See, this is what I mean by most of the right wing 'scandals' Obama's accused of are BS, because the other real scandals most right-wingers actually secretly agree with or ignore. So they just make up other s**t to get outraged over.

See this is where party politics completely blow my mind as to why many see such a difference in the "core" of the "established" parties...

They banter on and raise hell to whip up their bases,but always "change of mind" an instant later...

Scandals aside,it's people like John Mccain who absolutely disgust me!...Ranted and raved about Obamacare being "unconstitutional" for years on end and acted as if he'd do everything in his power to get it overturned,yet when the chance was given he flopped!...My dislike for McCain had nothing to do with "healthcare" per se as i think we do need some drastic overhauls on our healthcare system,and need drastic reductions in cost...but when i jumped on McCain about it i had a known democrat here jump towards me about the greatness of the once evil vile johnny lol

Then we can look at the whole Trump "lets get out of Syria" routine...next thing ya know he's hurling bombs over there and the dems love it and anchors on fox news are spinning it for praise :huh:

Putin told us if we did ANYTHING in Syria at all there would be hell to pay and Trump called his bluff and "pantsed" him on the world stage...i've explained in the past how the Russian military is full of a lot of hot air,drunks,and rusty old relics for weapons but some will play the old Soviet Power card meh lol

Hell many of these Euro countries with free social programs can afford to take care of their people because they only spend 1-3% of their GDP on personal defense,meanwhile the US spends over half a Tril a year on defending the world!...honestly if one asks themselves if Europe is so terrified of the Ruskies and atleast half of US tax payers disgust them and are costing US perception in their eyes,why not just start turning down that HALF OF ALL NATO COSTS and start paying for their own protection and refund the past 20 years of funds so we can put it to use for our own citizens...

I know this post is all over the place,but i got interupted 3 times and gotta leave shortly :lol:

But no doubt,many "scandals" have both hands in the cookie jar!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, CrimsonKing said:

See this is where party politics completely blow my mind as to why many see such a difference in the "core" of the "established" parties...

They banter on and raise hell to whip up their bases,but always "change of mind" an instant later...

Scandals aside,it's people like John Mccain who absolutely disgust me!...Ranted and raved about Obamacare being "unconstitutional" for years on end and acted as if he'd do everything in his power to get it overturned,yet when the chance was given he flopped!...My dislike for McCain had nothing to do with "healthcare" per se as i think we do need some drastic overhauls on our healthcare system,and need drastic reductions in cost...but when i jumped on McCain about it i had a known democrat here jump towards me about the greatness of the once evil vile johnny lol

Oh, haven't you heard? The democrats love ol' Johnny boy now simply because he's anti-Trump. Sure, anyone who's policies are diametrically opposed to your own is a hero in your eyes simply because they board the F Trump train. :rolleyes:

I can't stand Trump or McCain, but it's only because of what policies they support. That's really it.

Tribalistic partisanship in any way shape or form disgusts me.

35 minutes ago, CrimsonKing said:

Then we can look at the whole Trump "lets get out of Syria" routine...next thing ya know he's hurling bombs over there and the dems love it and anchors on fox news are spinning it for praise :huh:

Yeah, that's one thing I've never understood. :huh: What's with the dems (supposedly) being anti-war but then suddenly when it comes to Trump ordering an attack on the Syrian government they're like "Just bomb the s**t out of them. No worries mate. We support ya!" 

I mean, it's not like Trump is constitutionally required to receive Congress's approval before launching an attack against a sovereign nation, thereby declaring war against th- oh wait...

41 minutes ago, CrimsonKing said:

Putin told us if we did ANYTHING in Syria at all there would be hell to pay and Trump called his bluff and "pantsed" him on the world stage...i've explained in the past how the Russian military is full of a lot of hot air,drunks,and rusty old relics for weapons but some will play the old Soviet Power card meh lol

Hell many of these Euro countries with free social programs can afford to take care of their people because they only spend 1-3% of their GDP on personal defense,meanwhile the US spends over half a Tril a year on defending the world!...honestly if one asks themselves if Europe is so terrified of the Ruskies and atleast half of US tax payers disgust them and are costing US perception in their eyes,why not just start turning down that HALF OF ALL NATO COSTS and start paying for their own protection and refund the past 20 years of funds so we can put it to use for our own citizens...

I know this post is all over the place,but i got interupted 3 times and gotta leave shortly :lol:

But no doubt,many "scandals" have both hands in the cookie jar!

It's all cool.

Yeah, I honestly don't think there's been a President in recent history that hasn't had at least some sort of scandal here or there.

I debate to myself back and forth on how far this 'lesser of evils' argument of mine can go before saying "screw this, I'm out."

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Aquila King said:

Oh, haven't you heard? The democrats love ol' Johnny boy now simply because he's anti-Trump. Sure, anyone who's policies are diametrically opposed to your own is a hero in your eyes simply because they board the F Trump train. :rolleyes:

I can't stand Trump or McCain, but it's only because of what policies they support. That's really it.

Tribalistic partisanship in any way shape or form disgusts me.

Yeah, that's one thing I've never understood. :huh: What's with the dems (supposedly) being anti-war but then suddenly when it comes to Trump ordering an attack on the Syrian government they're like "Just bomb the s**t out of them. No worries mate. We support ya!" 

I mean, it's not like Trump is constitutionally required to receive Congress's approval before launching an attack against a sovereign nation, thereby declaring war against th- oh wait...

It's all cool.

Yeah, I honestly don't think there's been a President in recent history that hasn't had at least some sort of scandal here or there.

I debate to myself back and forth on how far this 'lesser of evils' argument of mine can go before saying "screw this, I'm out."

:lol: all well said :tu:

I'd respond further and probably will tomorrow,but you laid it out pretty well...

Thought i had to run earlier as it is supposed to be raining all day with 80% chance but now changed to very little and can resume plans to bbq,drink a few beers,and tell some lies this holiday weekend :lol:

I'm out now,if anyone else reads this and has any plans this weekend stay safe,the drunk idiots really come out this weekend every year! :st

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Aquila King said:

NSA mass surveillance is really the only major scandal on that list. The rest is either BS or I agree with. (although a couple I personally haven't heard of like the 'Bowie Bergdhal swap'. I have no clue what you're talking about there)

I disagree, the Iran Deal is a bit of a dog’s dinner, the business with The Clinton Foundation should be looked at by someone from the Alphabets in a serious manner, and Fast &Furious is just wrong on many man levels.

14 minutes ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

I disagree, the Iran Deal is a bit of a dog’s dinner, the business with The Clinton Foundation should be looked at by someone from the Alphabets in a serious manner, and Fast &Furious is just wrong on many man levels.

There's absolutely no reason why the Iran deal would be considered bad. I fully supported it.

The Clinton foundation was indeed shady for a number of reasons, so you're right, I would definitely rescind my original statement and add that to the list. (Don't know how I missed that. :mellow:)

And as for 'Fast & Furious', that's one of those things I mentioned how I don't have a clue what it even is. :huh: I know it's an overused movie series, that's about it. :P

10 minutes ago, Aquila King said:

There's absolutely no reason why the Iran deal would be considered bad. I fully supported it.

The Clinton foundation was indeed shady for a number of reasons, so you're right, I would definitely rescind my original statement and add that to the list. (Don't know how I missed that. :mellow:)

And as for 'Fast & Furious', that's one of those things I mentioned how I don't have a clue what it even is. :huh: I know it's an overused movie series, that's about it. :P

How was the Iran deal good, all of the limitations expired after 10 to 15 years, the oversight was questionable at best especially in regards to building a nuclear bomb, and the 300 kg of enriched uranium they were allowed to stockpile could be turned into anywhere from 1 to a handful of strategic level nuclear warheads depending on how advanced the warhead design was.

As for fast and furious basically the whole scandal was the ATF allowed people to sell weapons to straw buyers so they could try and track the weapons to various Mexican cartels.  The problem was that some of these weapons were military grade as in anti-aircraft machine guns, grenade launchers, fully automatic rifles, ect and a decent amount of these weapons just disappeared when the cartels got them.

2 minutes ago, DarkHunter said:

How was the Iran deal good, all of the limitations expired after 10 to 15 years, the oversight was questionable at best especially in regards to building a nuclear bomb, and the 300 kg of enriched uranium they were allowed to stockpile could be turned into anywhere from 1 to a handful of strategic level nuclear warheads depending on how advanced the warhead design was.

The deal was not based on trust, it was based on verification. As per written in the deal, the IAEA would regularly inspect Iran's nuclear sites, and UN members can request special access whenever they want, and a predetermined co-commissioner from each negotiating state would each have to approve the inspection. Note that the panel was made up of all western nations and Iran. If Iran wanted to stop the IAEA from going in there and inspect them, Iran wasn't gonna be able to stop them.

Secondly, literally all Iran was asking for in the deal was the ability to buy weapons on the international market to fight back against ISIS forces at the time, since ISIS was Sunni and hated Iran who was Shia. If you nix that part of the agreement, then there is no deal to be had since the international community gets everything and Iran gets nothing. That's not a deal. You had to throw them something, and that is a perfectly reasonable bone to throw them considering.

Conservatives want to paint this as 'the US is trying to arm Iran!' when we weren't. It was a historic peace deal that made perfect sense, and it is preposterously stupid to step out of the deal. Especially considering the US pretty much walked away with everything in the deal while Iran had nothing but a few table scraps.

Seriously, I don't see a single problem with it.

25 minutes ago, DarkHunter said:

As for fast and furious basically the whole scandal was the ATF allowed people to sell weapons to straw buyers so they could try and track the weapons to various Mexican cartels.  The problem was that some of these weapons were military grade as in anti-aircraft machine guns, grenade launchers, fully automatic rifles, ect and a decent amount of these weapons just disappeared when the cartels got them.

Thanks for the info. I'll look into it a little further before making a judgment, but on the face of it I'd have to agree that it's yet another scandal. Sad thing is it doesn't surprise me.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, .ZZ. said:

DeFqX9PUwAAjFmJ.jpg

Bowie Bergdahl?  BOWIE?  This meme is straight outta Moscow.

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, ChaosRose said:

Because that is all you want to remember. 

If by chance the claims of the Obama administration spying on the opposing party turns out to be true (if Commey, Clapper and Brennon admitted it under oath) you still would never believe it. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Agent0range said:

Bowie Bergdahl?  BOWIE?  This meme is straight outta Moscow.

I don't agree with everything in that meme.

The Trump tower wiretap for example.