Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Mr. Trump Cancels North Korea Summit Meeting

bison

45 minutes ago, Likely Guy said:

And the current administration has no consideration of what just transpired.

This is "Idiot Class" diplomacy.

Yeah whatever....

Thank God you aren't  negotiating

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, acidhead said:

Yeah whatever....

Thank God you aren't  negotiating

And thank your ever loving Trump God while you're at it.

Edited by Likely Guy

2 minutes ago, Likely Guy said:

And thank your ever loving Trump God while you're at it.

Take a bow... You should be thankful

2 minutes ago, acidhead said:

Take a bow... You should be thankful

I'll take a bow, but my backside would be to the crowd.

Edited by Likely Guy

2 hours ago, Likely Guy said:

And the current administration has no consideration of what just transpired.

This is "Idiot Class" diplomacy.

In my opinion I think NK are playing games with the US.

They never had any intentions of these talks...hence their disgruntled statements and insults they had earlier spun knowing full well that Trump would eventually cancel as the due date of the summit in Singapore was rapidly approaching.

Now that Trump has cancelled these talks, they are now throwing out another spin by pretending to be regretful and disappointed ??

What a load of hooey. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Astra. said:

In my opinion I think NK are playing games with the US.

They never had any intentions of these talks...hence their disgruntled statements and insults they had earlier spun knowing full well that Trump would eventually cancel as the due date of the summit in Singapore was rapidly approaching.

Now that Trump has cancelled these talks, they are now throwing out another spin by pretending to be regretful and disappointed ??

What a load of hooey. 

The BBC news thismorning floated a the same thought; that President Trump had grounds to believe that NK was going to try and score political points by "cancelling" the talks, and then re-arranging them, so the President decided to.. well... "trump" him by cancelling first :D 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, RoofGardener said:

The BBC news thismorning floated a the same thought; that President Trump had grounds to believe that NK was going to try and score political points by "cancelling" the talks, and then re-arranging them, so the President decided to.. well... "trump" him by cancelling first :D 

The BBC would have been interesting to listen to.

Either way, and despite the fact that Donald T...is not always my cup of tea ;).....well I felt that he was being far more sincere by wanting some kind of truce and better relations with NK, more than what they wanted. 

After all, North Korea is not called the 'propaganda' nation for nothing. 

21 hours ago, Not A Rockstar said:

Man, you know, the only thing I do know is nothing else has worked before so maybe..... maybe.

Change is scary for anyone and has to be huge for NK. I had been thinking before that if economic ease came to them and some of the people there actually got fed enough to be reasonably healthy, he might not stay in power very long at all and this might be what is scaring his hard core puppet string holders behind him. 

I still have hope and will see if Trump's style does work on him to get a deal going. A lot of this blow up is also due to China arguing over the trade issues, maybe even all of it, behind the scenes. Just what I am thinking atm. China calls a LOT of the shots for NK under the table.

I think you are on to a couple of good ideas there.  If the people of NK were a bit better fed and not huddled  in a defensive circle  against the rest of the world, the Kim dynasty might get shaky.  Maybe he can't afford to give his people more prosperity or less cause to fear.

I heard today on the radio that President Trump expressed the sentiment that he would go lighter on China with trade policy if they helped more with NK. Talk about the firemen setting the fire to stay employed.

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, Astra. said:

What a load of hooey. 

Great propaganda though.  Now they appear to be the cooperative ones to the rest of the world.  The fact that we surprised SK with the announcement might have been a screw up by us.  Plus China can ease sanctions by claiming NK was cooperating.  Maybe we walked into a diplomatic ambush.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Tatetopa said:

Great propaganda though.  Now they appear to be the cooperative ones to the rest of the world.  The fact that we surprised SK with the announcement might have been a screw up by us.  Plus China can ease sanctions by claiming NK was cooperating.  Maybe we walked into a diplomatic ambush.

there is talk now about rescheduling, so I really suspect it was about China and some argufying behind the scenes there with Trump and China which had to be settled before they would go back to working on NK. Right or wrong, this is Trumps style and I think he has a bit more of a plan under all the bluster than it seems. 

Disinformation can be effective and for SK having to say behind the scenes they really don't know what Trump will do adds to the pressure on NK, so leaving them out of the loop was part of his plan, too. Our media and govt uses tons of propaganda, same as most these days out there.

But, that is just me and my glass half full resolution for this year talking. I know about precisely as much as any of us watching all this, though my years working intel in the military helps a bit with some angles, way out of date now or not. I think my thoughts are plausible, not certain by any means, though. Time will tell.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1