Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Unplug Alexa Right Now

OverSword

So much paranoia - people need to realize that even IF big brother is listening, do they really believe he's interested in their mundane crap? Unless you're involved in a life of crime, you're just not that interesting.

That said, I cover every web enabled camera in the house when not in use. I've seen too many blackmail movies. Not so much worried about the government as I am some peeping a-hole from down the block.

Edited by moonman

7 hours ago, and then said:

Sorry about that, Third...

Its ok Dunc

t'was just making a tantrum aboot it ..

:yes:

~

• Like 1

9 hours ago, and then said:
14 hours ago, third_eye said:

GRRRRrrrRRRRrRrr ..........

~

Sorry about that, Third... A friend shared it with me and it reminded me of the last few years I'd spent with my elderly father-in-law.  He was quite deaf, repeated things often, mispronounced words occasionally and was DEFINITELY a non-technological type (he was 91).  This was a play on all those things by spoofing how you could make an "old coot" friendly Alexa.  It truly is funny

I don’t know about that! ;)  

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

On 5/27/2018 at 6:08 PM, moonman said:

So much paranoia - people need to realize that even IF big brother is listening, do they really believe he's interested in their mundane crap? Unless you're involved in a life of crime, you're just not that interesting.

What world are you living in? Its not the government, its advertisers and marketers that are scary.  And every interested party that buys data from Amazon, Google, Facebook and the rest.    I buy some bearings and filters and air cylinders at work and next thing I know I get ads on my computer at home for industrial stuff.  How did they know that corporate address work me and home  Verizon me are the same person?  That is creepy!

2 hours ago, Tatetopa said:

What world are you living in? Its not the government, its advertisers and marketers that are scary.  And every interested party that buys data from Amazon, Google, Facebook and the rest.    I buy some bearings and filters and air cylinders at work and next thing I know I get ads on my computer at home for industrial stuff.  How did they know that corporate address work me and home  Verizon me are the same person?  That is creepy!

Browser tracking with traveling profiles. Ads don't scare me, very used to it.

Edited by moonman

2 minutes ago, moonman said:

Browser tracking with traveling profiles. Ads don't scare me, very used to it.

Not really the adds moonman, just the tracking that is unnerving, but sure, I ignore it too..