Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Sir Richard Branson readies himself for space

Still Waters

Sir Richard Branson says he's training to be an astronaut and will take his first trip into space soon.

He told BBC Radio 4's You and Yours programme: "We're talking about months away, not years away - so it's close. There are exciting times ahead.

"I'm going for astronaut training; I'm going for fitness training, centrifuge and other training, so that my body will hopefully cope well when I go to space."

The 67-year-old multi-millionaire has been investing in commercial space travel since 2004, when he founded space tourism company Virgin Galactic.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-44257670

• Like 1

I hope they have o intention of leaving him out there ... or maybe ... never mind ...

~

:lol:

~

4 minutes ago, third_eye said:

I hope they have o intention of leaving him out there ... or maybe ... never mind ...

~

Boris Johnson is launching the rocket.

1 minute ago, Black Monk said:

Boris Johnson is launching the rocket.

Be that as it may be ... you hit the submit button a nano second ahead of me ... I demand a resend ... :lol:

~

Remember when Ashton Kutcher was going to go into space? Bought a ticket and everything. What ever happened with that? It never happened and then it stopped getting talked about in the news. 

On 26/05/2018 at 11:09 AM, Black Monk said:

Hopefully the Remainer will stay there.

If that's the case, any chance of Kanye West hitching a ride? Please.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Skulduggery said:

Remember when Ashton Kutcher was going to go into space? Bought a ticket and everything. What ever happened with that? It never happened and then it stopped getting talked about in the news. 

Ash K is #500 in line, but unfortunately in March 2012: 

Virgin Galactic officials have said they hope the first customers will ride in 2013 or 2014. The flights will launch and land from the new Spaceport America facility in southern New Mexico.

Ashton Kutcher Buys 500th Ticket for Virgin Galactic Spaceship Ride

• Like 1