Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Stephen61

Extraterrestrials are Sabotaging Nukes

68 posts in this topic

stereologist
3 hours ago, papageorge1 said:

If you think a man that accomplished, a University Professor and whatnot is more likely than not to be wasting his life and self-respect on a lie for such puny reasons then we will have to disagree.

If I am seeing negative links from places like CSICOP then that actually is also consistent with what I would expect if he was honest and serious.

I see you are unable to point out any issues with the CSICOP statement. It appears to be without any issues.

NicoletteS
On 5/27/2018 at 11:02 AM, Alien Origins said:

Sorry I cannot help myself but I have to ask...If these aliens are so intelligent why travel zillions of miles across the vacuum of space just for target practice? It makes no sense even for an intelligent being. I would hardly trust these inept aliens who cannot even land a space ship on Earth without crashing WTH!  To be honest I have seen bad science fiction movies that make more sense than this. 

That's a whole it of assumptions at once. Why is the argument always that making assumptions about what aliens do and why is supposed to make sense to you? Personally shutting down nukes makes perfect sense to me. Especially considering that I suspect more visitors come from other planes in our own space than from across the galaxy. How do you know the explosions aren't affecting their residence as well hence the reason it drew their attention in the first place. How do you know they aren't invested in our progression and wouldn't want to stop us from premature extinction. There could be a million reasons why they would come but I can' figure out the reason you expect that they would have ran their ideas and plans by you first.

Also what is all this about every spaceship crashing? Did i miss something since roswell? I mean the famous incident over l.a. was a pretty good demonstration  of how hard they are to take down. What is it that doesnt make sense? I seem to find the supposed aliens line of thought much easier to follow  than the humans.

• Like 2

stereologist

Here is a rebuttal to the video and its ludicrous claims.

https://www.csicop.org/si/show/buzzing_bee_missile_mythology_flies_again

It appears that the article has not been challenged. Instead we have some posters making a futile appeal to authority to pretend that someone would  not be a hoaxer. That is a bad position.  Examine the evidence for a change.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

NicoletteS
On 5/27/2018 at 4:50 AM, Stephen61 said:

Conspiracy theorists have long suspected that the world’s governments are managing secret extraterrestrial projects, and last December’s report on the Pentagon’s black budget study of UFOs fanned the flames of conspiracy.

https://sputniknews.com/viral/201805261064836462-ufologist-alien-nukes/

This raises a question to me. While many I see are questioning why aliens would do this, what I question is people. Remember a few years back when we quietly shot another missile at the moon? What was the reason behind that? Seeing how much moisture is under there? Seems unnecessary to me if we can determine the composition of distant exoplanets without bombing them. Do you think somebody was hoping to elicit a response?

• Like 1

stereologist
1 minute ago, NicoletteS said:

This raises a question to me. While many I see are questioning why aliens would do this, what I question is people. Remember a few years back when we quietly shot another missile at the moon? What was the reason behind that? Seeing how much moisture is under there? Seems unnecessary to me if we can determine the composition of distant exoplanets without bombing them. Do you think somebody was hoping to elicit a response?

That is an excellent question. The reason we bombarded the Moon is that the Moon has no atmosphere. When an exoplanet passes in front of its star, the atmosphere of the planet absorbs some of the starlight. That change is detectable and absorption tells us about the planet. In the case of the Moon the plume of material was analyzed by looking through it and determining the absorption.

An excellent question.

• Thanks 1

Rlyeh

I don't get why they didn't just ignore it? I mean they show it to him just to tell him to not say another word. It would be simpler to pretend it didn't happen.

• Like 1

Scudbuster
34 minutes ago, Rlyeh said:

I don't get why they didn't just ignore it? I mean they show it to him just to tell him to not say another word. It would be simpler to pretend it didn't happen.

I think initially they were suspecting he had doctored the film somehow, they had to confront him about that possibility. 

Tim Hebert

The "Big Sur" UFO case is pretty interesting and more so for it's impact with future developments of ICBM technology.  The 1964 launch of the Atlas missile in question, there were others that year was part and parcel of the beginnings of the ABRES program (Advance Ballistic Re-entry Study) which culminated around 1979 with the last Atlas test launches for ABRES out of Vandenburg AFB, CA.  Vandenberg's annual publication was title, if I recall correctly, "The Year of the Atlas."

What was the impact of "Butter Fly Net?"  Nothing to do with UFOs, but the revelation of a serious warhead vulnerability and the malfunctions of the deployment of it's penetration aids upon booster separations.  This is what led to the classification of the video/film that Jacob's crew had shot.  This also led to, amongst other issues, to the Atlas system's operational phase out.  The "amongst other issues" were contributed to the three separate Atlas ICBM propellent loading exercises at Walker AFB, NM (Roswell) that resulted in explosions rendering each silo based sites non-operational due to complete destruction.

So what Jacobs probably saw was the debris from the failed penetration aids rotating around the warhead plus unspent fuel from Vernier jets such as monomethyhydrazine or something of the like.

But, like all UFO ICBM/Nuke stories, interesting and fascinating stories until viewed "under the microscope."

• Thanks 2

Dejarma
Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Tim Hebert said:

The "Big Sur" UFO case is pretty interesting and more so for it's impact with future developments of ICBM technology.  The 1964 launch of the Atlas missile in question, there were others that year was part and parcel of the beginnings of the ABRES program (Advance Ballistic Re-entry Study) which culminated around 1979 with the last Atlas test launches for ABRES out of Vandenburg AFB, CA.  Vandenberg's annual publication was title, if I recall correctly, "The Year of the Atlas."

What was the impact of "Butter Fly Net?"  Nothing to do with UFOs, but the revelation of a serious warhead vulnerability and the malfunctions of the deployment of it's penetration aids upon booster separations.  This is what led to the classification of the video/film that Jacob's crew had shot.  This also led to, amongst other issues, to the Atlas system's operational phase out.  The "amongst other issues" were contributed to the three separate Atlas ICBM propellent loading exercises at Walker AFB, NM (Roswell) that resulted in explosions rendering each silo based sites non-operational due to complete destruction.

So what Jacobs probably saw was the debris from the failed penetration aids rotating around the warhead plus unspent fuel from Vernier jets such as monomethyhydrazine or something of the like.

But, like all UFO ICBM/Nuke stories, interesting and fascinating stories until viewed "under the microscope."

Hiya, Tim.....

We don't know for sure if anything was deemed strange at all. We're just taking the word of those putting forward the claim= as usual!

But for now let's just say something strange/ unexplainable was seen on the footage:

it's like claims of the loch ness monster= it could've been anything (if it's not just a made up story) But one thing most are sure of= it wasn't a prehistoric reptile.

Same goes for this case= whatever it was-- it was not aliens! This is what it all boils down to IMO.

Edited by Dejarma

Tim Hebert
2 hours ago, Dejarma said:

Hiya, Tim.....

We don't know for sure if anything was deemed strange at all. We're just taking the word of those putting forward the claim= as usual!

But for now let's just say something strange/ unexplainable was seen on the footage:

it's like claims of the loch ness monster= it could've been anything (if it's not just a made up story) But one thing most are sure of= it wasn't a prehistoric reptile.

Same goes for this case= whatever it was-- it was not aliens! This is what it all boils down to IMO.

Hey Dejarma,

According to Kingston George, I believe project/program manager of the project,  Jacobs was brought in to view what was seen on his film during the launch and flight of the Atlas missile.  Per George, the film captured a real vulnerability of the re-entry system, ie, failed proper deployment of the penetration aids rendering the warhead vulnerable to intercept by Soviet ABMs.  This necessitated that the film be classified for obvious reasons.  As of this current time, the actual footage of the film is either destroyed or squirreled away in a vault.

Regardless of the above, there was no evidence that a UFO(s) had interfered with the launch or subsequent flight path.  I believe that the RV was "knocked" of it's flight path due to the interference of the penetration aids.  These were used as decoys as the lone warhead would appear as  multiple RVs on radar.

My counter to the UFO theory is simple logic.  Minuteman I and II test launches had no such issues regarding RV performance.  Most problems encountered during Follow-on Test and Evaluation launches were initially attributed to problems with the missile guidance system, but subsequent fixes pretty much eliminated the problems.  But downstage problems did occur on occasions requiring aborting of test launches prior to launch and during actual flight. 

The lessons learned from Butter Fly Net and other Atlas test launches were applied to the Minuteman Program...success built on the foundation of failure.  

A few years ago, Robert Hastings had made a claim that UFOs had interfered with Minuteman III test launches, he receiving this info from a former Air Force maintenance sergeant stationed at Vandenberg AFB back in the mid 1980s.  Minuteman III fielded three RVs per missile back then.  I was able to look at the specific claim and believe I successfully refuted said claim.  There were no UFOs involved with that test launch.  I'll post that episode later if your interested.

My apologies for being long winded.

Kind regards,

Tim 

Dejarma
13 hours ago, Tim Hebert said:

A few years ago, Robert Hastings had made a claim that UFOs had interfered with Minuteman III test launches, he receiving this info from a former Air Force maintenance sergeant stationed at Vandenberg AFB back in the mid 1980s.  Minuteman III fielded three RVs per missile back then.  I was able to look at the specific claim and believe I successfully refuted said claim.  There were no UFOs involved with that test launch.  I'll post that episode later if your interested.

Therefore you're suggesting Robert Hastings was lying OR the former Air Force maintenance sergeant was lying & Hastings believed it... Yep, I'd suggest that as well!

If an intelligently controlled unidentified craft really did interfere with Minuteman III tests then one might ask: 'what's the point of an official secrets act'!?

• Like 1

Tim Hebert
Posted (edited)
54 minutes ago, Dejarma said:

Therefore you're suggesting Robert Hastings was lying OR the former Air Force maintenance sergeant was lying & Hastings believed it... Yep, I'd suggest that as well!

If an intelligently controlled unidentified craft really did interfere with Minuteman III tests then one might ask: 'what's the point of an official secrets act'!?

No, Hastings wasn't lying, he was merely reporting what was said to him.  The sergeant was, shall we say, bending the truth or over embellishing the story.  There was a kernel of truth to the story, but it did not involve the presence of a UFO.

This is the case of one appealing to "authority" and taking something as gospel.  This thread is much to do about appealing to authority and "taking one's word" that something extraordinary had occurred.  Jacobs was an Air Fore officer so he would not "lie."  Jacobs later became a university professor, so with his academia credentials, he should be viewed as "credible."  

Here is the link to the story: http://timhebert.blogspot.com/2014/08/a-repeat-performance-of-big-sur-20.html

Tim

Edited by Tim Hebert
added link
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Dejarma
20 minutes ago, Tim Hebert said:

The sergeant was, shall we say, bending the truth or over embellishing the story. 

Why? what would be the point?

Tim Hebert
8 minutes ago, Dejarma said:

Why? what would be the point?

He  becomes part of the narrative of the story.  An attempt to become a "reliable" source for Hastings....which he has been for numerous Hastings' stories.  For Hastings, the sergeant becomes an "official" source boosting the veracity of he story...Hastings wasn't there, but the sergeant was (his name is in the link provided).  But, the story collapse when one zeros in with the correct questions asked to both Hastings and the sergeant.

• Thanks 1

Truthseeker007
On ‎5‎/‎27‎/‎2018 at 9:02 PM, Alien Origins said:

Sorry I cannot help myself but I have to ask...If these aliens are so intelligent why travel zillions of miles across the vacuum of space just for target practice? It makes no sense even for an intelligent being. I would hardly trust these inept aliens who cannot even land a space ship on Earth without crashing WTH!  To be honest I have seen bad science fiction movies that make more sense than this. 

I know it can't be proven and I don't know how true but some channeled information says the Galactic Federation has ships close by the Earth. Apparently there is an on going war between the Galactic Federation and the Draconians  and Zetas. The Draconians apparently run the planet Earth which is why the world is like it is. I don't believe it or dis believe it but I am just saying that this is what some channeled information says. Until I can see the ships in the sky I won't hold my breath on the information. But it is an interesting take on it to say the least.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Tim Hebert

To finish up my opposition to Jacobs' conclusion of UFO interference with Butter Fly Net and the plethora of UFOs sabotaging US ICBMs, I'd like to provide a few snippets of my thoughts (my opinion only) of the lack of logic that Ufologists have applied to this "hypothesis."

During the Cold War, the United States and the Soviet Union built thousands of the far more destructive hydrogen bombs, some of them a thousand times as destructive as the first atomic bombs dropped on Japan. If the nuclear standoff between the superpowers had erupted into World War III, human civilization—and perhaps the very survival of our species—would have been at risk.
Did this ominous state of affairs come to the attention of outside observers? Was there a connection between the atomic bomber squadron based at Roswell and the reported crash of a UFO nearby? Did those who pilot the UFOs monitor the superpowers' nuclear arms race during the dangerous Cold War era? Do they scrutinze American and Russian weapons sites even now?

Robert Hastings

Did UFO activity disrupt the operations of our ICBMs at various times during the Cold War?  To attempt to find the answer to that question, one has to look at the various missile systems that were fielded during the time period of the Cold War.  As far as defining "the disruption of ICBM operations", the subject should be looked at from the view point that UFOs may have altered the strategic alert status of our ICBM forces.

Atlas

The Atlas ICBM with its variations (D, E, F models) was placed in 11 base locations through out the continental United States totaling 123 missile/launch sites.  The missile used a combination of RP-1 (high grade kerosene) and liquid oxygen (oxidizer) as its fuel.  Prior to launch, the missile had to be raised from its protective enclosure and loaded with the LOX prior to actual launch.  This propellant loading procedure, per SAC protocol, would have taken 15 minutes.  The Atlas missile was operational as an ICBM from 1960 to 1965.  There are four documented major incidents involving the Atlas at operational sites.

The 579th Strategic Missile Squadron located at Walker AFB, NM (Roswell) had three of it's site effectively destroyed during propellant loading exercises on three separate occasions.  Launch complex 579-1 was destroyed on 1 June 1963, site 579-5 suffered an explosion on 13 February 1964, and site 579-2 was destroyed on 9 March 1964.  Again, all three incidents occurred during a propellant loading exercise and no nuclear warheads were mated to the launch vehicle at the time of the explosions. (1)(2)  Of interest, the 579th SMS fielded the Atlas F that was housed in an underground silo, but had to be raised out of the silo for launch.

The 577th Strategic Missile Squadron located at Altus AFB, OK had one of its sites destroyed (577-6, Atlas F' silo housed) on14 May 1964.  As similar to the incidents at Walker AFB,  Altus' accident was a result of a propellant loading exercise. (3)

Based on the four major incidents and the Atlas' vulnerability to Soviet attack, Defense Secretary Robert McNamara, in 1964, ordered the phase out of the Atlas ICBM system.  By the end of 1965 all Atlas missile sites were deactivated.  The Atlas ICBM would go on to further glory as an outstanding launch vehicle for NASA.

Titan I

The Titan I ICBM was deployed to 5 bases totaling 54 sites.  Like the Atlas, Titan I relied on RP-1 and LOX as its fuel source.  The missile was housed in an underground silo, but had to be raised to the surface, loaded with LOX prior to launch.  The Titan I system was on alert from 1960 to 1965 the, as Atlas, deactivated as the Titan IIs and Minuteman systems deployed. (4) 

During the operational life of the Titan I, there was two incidents at Beale AFB that occurred prior to the 851st SMS reaching alert status.  On 24 May 1962, during contractor checkout at complex 4C near Chico, CA, two explosions destroyed a missile and heavily damaged the silo.  The two explosions resulted from a blocked vent and blocked valve.  At another site, 6 June 1962, a flash fire damaged the silo killing one worker. (5)  The Beale sites had yet to be certified as operational and had no nuclear RVs mated to the boosters.

Titan II

On August 9, 1965, Titan II launch complex 373-4 (373rd Strategic Missile Squadron) which was located near Searcy, Arkansas, suffered a devastating fire in its silo resulting in the deaths of 53 civilian contractors who were modifying the site under Project YARD FENCE.  This program was designed to increase the hardness of Titan II sites against nuclear blasts.  The fire started from arc welding equipment.  373-4's missile (minus the RV) being fully loaded with propellant was allowed to remain in the silo during the modification program.  There was no major damage to the missile itself.  Had the propellant ignited, one could only wonder how many more would have been killed.(6)

On September 19, 1980, the Titan II launch complex located near Damascus, Arkansas suffered a catastrophic explosion killing at least one AF member and destroying the missile and it's silo.  The site was undergoing routine maintenance and a heavy socket from a wrench was accidently dropped into the bottom of the silo.  The socket bounced off of the silo walls striking and piercing the missile's thin skin causing the leakage of propellant.  After 8 hours of attempts to contain the propellant leak, an explosion rocked the site causing the silo's blast doors to totally dislodge and propelling the missile's RV some 600 feet away from the site.  This single incident forced the Air Force to hasten the deactivation of the entire Titan II system which was fielded at three locations:  Arizona, Arkansas and Kansas.  By the end of 1986, all 54 Titan II ICBM sites would be deactivated.(7)

On a personal note, I had arrived at Vandenberg AFB for my Initial Qualification Training (missile crew training), October 1980, approximately one month after the incident at Damascus, AR.  I recall that I had attended a safety briefing in which the Damascus incident was discussed in detail. What is not told in any of the on-line write-ups is that supposedly the AF had a difficult time finding and recovering the RV.  For an extended period of time, it was effectively "lost."  Whether this was factual or not, it does underscore the intensity of the explosion and the total destruction of the silo.    

Minuteman (I, II, and III)

The only documented incident in the Minuteman I system occurred at Malmstrom's Echo Flight on March 16, 1967.  I'll refrain from going into detail since most of this blog has been devoted to Echo Flight and the reader can "search" this blog for the pertinent articles.  I'm reluctant to list Malmstrom's Oscar Flight due to the lack of any credible evidence supporting an event affecting that flight's operational status.  The reader can draw his/her own conclusions.

In October, 2010, FE Warren AFB's 319th SMS experienced a total squadron communication outage affecting all of the squadron's 50 Minuteman III ICBMs.  Subsequent Air Force investigations revealed that a faulty or improper seated circuit card in the Weapon System Processor at one of the Launch Control Centers resulted in all five LCCs to be "knocked" out of system synchronicity and disrupting time slot round-robin monitoring.  None of the 50 ICBMs were affected operationally and remained on alert.  There is ample evidence that similar events had occurred at both Malmstrom and Minot in the 1990s.(8)

With the exception of the Malmstrom and FE Warren events, none of the Atlas and Titan events had a UFO component to the story.  The only true Broken Arrow event would have been the Damascus, Arkansas incident since it involved a real nuclear RV and again, no one has ever come forward to claim a UFO as it's causation or spotted one in the vicinity of the site.  The UFO story component for the 2010 FE Warren incident only came into being after Robert Hastings had visited the area some two to three months after the incident.  I touched on FE Warren's emergent UFO lore in a couple of previous blog post.

A Hypothetical Look

Going back to Hastings' thoughts that UFOs have attempted to disrupt US ICBM forces, let's hypothetically agree with his premise.  What has been the impact of the various UFO incursions?   If a message was being sent by "outside" observers to discourage the use of nuclear delivery systems, then the US government would have abandoned it's ICBM program since the fielding of those weapon systems would have been deemed as futile.  Yet, despite the supposedly ET interference we see a different response from the government/military.

The early Atlas and Titan I weapon systems were phased out for the more reliable and safer Minuteman and Titan II missiles.  Titan II was eventually phased out due to its complexity and unpredictability with housing a fully propellant loaded missile in it's silo.  Equally important to it's phase out was the enormous costs required to keep the Titan II on constant alert status.  Can we draw the conclusion that UFOs sent a "message" that the Atlas and Titan systems were overly too complicated, unpredictable and economically draining to the treasury?

Since it's deployment in 1962, the Minuteman system has evolved from its initial conception as a potential mobile based weapon to that of a complex command and control weapon system supporting a remotely silo based missile.  This missile system has undergone modifications from that of the Minuteman I, II, III missiles to that of the command and control systems (Modernized, SAS, ILCS, CDB, and the current REACT).  This evolutionary process had progressed unhindered and with out interference regardless of the UFO story component.  IF UFOs and ETs were attempting to send messages of concern, then its obvious that we either were not paying close attention or we were consciously ignoring the threat.

Conclusion

Is there credible evidence that UFO's disrupted the operations of US ICBMs?  The facts
appear not to support this hypothesis.   All documented mishaps and problems have been attributed mostly to human error in dealing with complex systems.  The major ICBM weapon systems have evolved solely based on the concepts of system reliability and economic cost factors.  Missiles/rockets that relied on liquid propellants and oxidizers gave way to safer solid propellants thus reducing mishaps.  Individuals such as Robert Hastings have presented anecdotal evidence that "strange" lights of an undetermined nature have been sighted over and near US ICBM sites, but he has failed to demonstrate that this phenomena resulted in the operational disruption of our nuclear missile forces.  We, as humans, have been quite adapt at disrupting our ICBMs with out needing help from ET.    

I had penned the above back in September of 2012.  You'll have to forgive the minor "dump" of material, but I thought this to be a good add-on to the subject matter.

Kind regards,

Tim 

• Like 1

Stephen61

Ufo 's have shown continued interest in nuclear bases, especially for US facilities.
They have been seen above missile silos numerous times and after the famous Malmstom AFB incident in 1967 the Minuteman nuclear warheads were found to be non-active.
Why? A possible explanation is that extraterrestrial life forms panicked and perhaps watched us because of the use of nuclear weapons against each other. We could destroy the entire planet and eventually attack an important part of the universe.
Events such as the Malmstom incident were perhaps a warning:
"You have this new toy but we can dismantle it and make it useless within a fraction of a second."

The NCP-04 document "The Nuclear Connection Project": a project about the connection between ufo 's and nuclear installations

http://www.nicap.org/ncp/ncp-ridge1.htm

stereologist
On 6/6/2018 at 2:27 PM, Truthseeker007 said:

I know it can't be proven and I don't know how true but some channeled information says the Galactic Federation has ships close by the Earth. Apparently there is an on going war between the Galactic Federation and the Draconians  and Zetas. The Draconians apparently run the planet Earth which is why the world is like it is. I don't believe it or dis believe it but I am just saying that this is what some channeled information says. Until I can see the ships in the sky I won't hold my breath on the information. But it is an interesting take on it to say the least.

Channelers make up all sorts of really inane stories and there is no support for any of it. There is no evidence for aliens yet there are supposed to be multiple types all acting out some really bad soap opera story. Maybe this should be called General Asteroid, or Days of our Zetas, or Young and the Galactic, or Desperate and Draconian. These channelers simply need to write better material.

• Like 2