Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Sleep paralysis and dreaming of self

FlyingAngel

I had a sleep paralysis last night. During that state, I saw an invisible, transparent, entity, human form walking around the bed. Ofc I wanted to move but can't. I was like asking "who are you" in my mind. He then replied "I am your true self". He then grabbed my neck not too violently not too gently either. So I'm not sure if he's trying to threaten or trying to do something.

What is this dream trying to say?

Did the human form look like it could be you in your astral body form?

SP bedroom invaders aren't nice. Just do a simple banishment and you shouldn't have any more issues.

24“When an impure spirit comes out of a person, it goes through arid places seeking rest and does not find it. Then it says, ‘I will return to the house I left.’25When it arrives, it finds the house swept clean and put in order. 26Then it goes and takes seven other spirits more wicked than itself, and they go in and live there. And the final condition of that person is worse than the first.

One thing Jesus mentions about spirits in Luke 11:24

A banisment might not be a permanent answer, as the spirit is likely to come back worse. My thoughts are to pray for it, bind it, find out what is wrong with it with help from a higher power, so that it can't just go into the dry places and come back. Because it obviously sounds like it's trying to deceive you.

I tend to agree with the posters above, but IF it is yourself trying to tell you something, are you really way too critical of yourself? Do you secretly harbor dislike for yourself and a sense that you aren't as good or as smart or as pretty as some invisible standard out there? DO NOT ANSWER THAT here, just answer to yourself. If the answer is yes, then realize how destructive, even violent, this is to do to yourself and work on turning that around and becoming a better friend to you. IF that was you, (and if this is what you took it for then it could well be), that would be what it is saying. If not you, this is the ill will it bears. Either way it needs to go :). 

Google Jung and "shadow self" together and read some of his work in this area. It can be tremendously freeing to start delving into the ways we "kill" ourselves through subconscious angers and disappointments or internalized negativity from others.

JMO.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, papageorge1 said:

Did the human form look like it could be you in your astral body form?

Maybe, after all it's transparent

Wow that’s a pretty unique sp experience from the several thousands I’ve read. At least it had a unique twist in answering your question. 

Do you get sp often? 

Next time it happens, try rolling your eyes upward. That will usually break the paralysis. 

There are other amazing options as well, if one was inclined to try it. 

On 5/27/2018 at 6:01 AM, FlyingAngel said:

I had a sleep paralysis last night. During that state, I saw an invisible, transparent, entity, human form walking around the bed. Ofc I wanted to move but can't. I was like asking "who are you" in my mind. He then replied "I am your true self". He then grabbed my neck not too violently not too gently either. So I'm not sure if he's trying to threaten or trying to do something.

What is this dream trying to say?

There are people that think that your astral double creates a feed back loop of fear when your physical double becomes aware of it. Not sure if I believe that exactly or not. 

I have fought with that entity multiple times, and in the end it did seem like it was a challenge for me to overcome. Then once I did, I gained a measure of freedom because I had defeated the fear. That's not totally unlike what your experience seems to be suggesting. 

The entity is also referred to as the guardian by some people to. Supposedly there to guard your access to the spirit world and only through overcoming it do you become worthy or rather capable enough to navigate without getting lost in your own thoughts and fears. This would not be to far off my experiences as well. The next step would be to decide if you want this kind of freedom or not. It's quite a Rabit hole, so I would choose carefully. 

• Like 2