Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

What happens when China is unbeatable?

Just_Seeking

What happens if China's military power is unbeatable?

Will they respect borders of other countries?

Will they invade or conquer others for resources under the guise of China's best intrust?

I'm just wondering if the U.S. should go on the offensive before China ascends to number one financialy and militarily. I dont think China will obey or protect international law or even respect others. China's president is president for life history shows us how that plays out.

28 minutes ago, Just_Seeking said:

I dont think China will obey or protect international law or even respect others. 

Neither does America a lot of the time.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Black Monk said:

I perfer the lesser of two evils.

5 minutes ago, Just_Seeking said:

38 minutes ago, Just_Seeking said:

Will they invade or conquer others for resources under the guise of China's best intrust?

America is good at invading other countries.

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Black Monk said:

Nor has any other "great power" down the centuries, including Great Britain.  It's a danger of being too powerful to be held accountable.  I imagine that America has shown itself to be a better steward of our power than many before us.  Those who think they would fare better under a Chinese or Russian Hegemon may find that assumption to be in error.

• Like 2

China seems to want to spread its influence by constructive means; providing alternative banking structures to reduce dependence on the Mighty Dollar, providing aid with infrastructure projects and assisting with developing trade links. Washington's policy, since the beginning of the 1990s, seems to have been nothing but destructive. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Just_Seeking said:

The only Asian country that has never been beaten by another Asian country is Japan and now the constitution is changed China and Korea is terrified.

One of the reasons Kim is pedaling back because Abe has his thumb on the Tsube and they don't give a damn about South Korean casualties. 

2 hours ago, Just_Seeking said:

I'm just wondering if the U.S. should go on the offensive before China ascends to number one financialy and militarily. I dont think China will obey or protect international law or even respect others. China's president is president for life history shows us how that plays out.

Do you mean "invade"? If so, that would simply be insane.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Vlad the Mighty said:

China seems to want to spread its influence by constructive means; providing alternative banking structures to reduce dependence on the Mighty Dollar, providing aid with infrastructure projects and assisting with developing trade links. Washington's policy, since the beginning of the 1990s, seems to have been nothing but destructive. 

So, 2-3 decades of abusive or errant policies are enough to ignore a couple of centuries of relative good done for the world?  No nation is perfect and I'll put America's WHOLE record up against any that has held sway in the past.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Likely Guy said:

Do you mean "invade"? If so, that would simply be insane.

Ceasing trade would accomplish nearly the same effect.  Finding a way to stop the intellectual theft through espionage would hamstring them as well.

2 hours ago, and then said:

Ceasing trade would accomplish nearly the same effect.  Finding a way to stop the intellectual theft through espionage would hamstring them as well.

Ceasing trade entirely?  Chinese loans and investments have supported your country, my country and many others.

What if they call in their chits? We're screwed.

• Like 1

Chinese ppl appear to be heartless in social interaction or even within self families. They don't care about other kinds nor their own. Definatedly careless about nature and environment. A world dominated by China will be disastrous, a cruel place. China must be stopped from advancing economically. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, qxcontinuum said:

Chinese ppl appear to be heartless in social interaction or even within self families. They don't care about other kinds nor their own. Definatedly careless about nature and environment. A world dominated by China will be disastrous, a cruel place.

You summed up the current political elite in Washington in a nutshell there.

China must be stopped from advancing economically. 

Ah, would you recommend the Libya Model, as recommended by John Bolton?

• Haha 2

13 hours ago, Just_Seeking said:

I perfer the lesser of two evils.

Presumably so would the Chinese - but perspective may differ - which is lesser to you may not be lesser to them.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Vlad the Mighty said:

You summed up the current political elite in Washington in a nutshell there.

Ah, would you recommend the Libya Model, as recommended by John Bolton?

Well politic is a b**** regardless of where it laid. I summed up the whole nation actually in my comment, not just a government. Regardless of Washington's status at least in usa there are strong movements and lobbyists to counterbalance idiotic initiatives. None of which exists in countries like China where the population itself doesn't seem to care about the future of their offspring.

18 hours ago, Just_Seeking said:

Depends on what they do with it.

So far they have.

After Mao's death China have not been involved in any wars.

I'm just wondering if the U.S. should go on the offensive before China ascends to number one financialy and militarily.

Seriously ? You want to start a war because you are afraid they will start a war. That makes no sense.

I dont think China will obey or protect international law or even respect others.

So far they have.

China's president is president for life history shows us how that plays out.

Yet he have not involved China in any wars.

I'm not supporting China, it's a non-democratic country, but I think there are other countries that are a much greater treath to world peace.

Edited by Noteverythingisaconspiracy
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

They don't need to invade anyone, they already own vast assets in most countries across the Globe. They already invaded through the back door

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, A rather obscure Bassoon said:

They don't need to invade anyone, they already own vast assets in most countries across the Globe. They already invaded through the back door

B8DBEB16-C01E-4941-B891-BD057295950A.jpeg.044bcb7b3d2ad1b3117ee7b42ac315b6.jpeg

• Haha 3

Think that once China has reached a position of preeminence, they’ll call in the US debt they hold, it’s only a small part true but useful enough to destabilise the US government and start to call in all the favours it’s accreued over the years:

Trade in the Yuan.

Dont trade with the US.

Listen to us for advice.

Vote the way we tell you on certain UN bills.

etc.

4 hours ago, A rather obscure Bassoon said:

That is a much more effective way of doing it and its legal too. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Likely Guy said:

Ceasing trade entirely?  Chinese loans and investments have supported your country, my country and many others.

What if they call in their chits? We're screwed.

You would prefer nuclear confrontation?  Sometimes there are only less bad options.  China is a rising power but it isn't strong enough yet to force its will on the world at large.  They are still too dependent on trade.  As strong as their economy is purported to be, I've also heard they're on the cusp of collapse if they aren't careful.  Also, as regards international economics - we ARE screwed.  No system can be as deep in the red throughout and still be healthy.

1 hour ago, and then said:

You would prefer nuclear confrontation?  Sometimes there are only less bad options.  China is a rising power but it isn't strong enough yet to force its will on the world at large.  They are still too dependent on trade.  As strong as their economy is purported to be, I've also heard they're on the cusp of collapse if they aren't careful.  Also, as regards international economics - we ARE screwed.  No system can be as deep in the red throughout and still be healthy.

No, I wouldn't prefer nuclear confrontation. I'd prefer no military confrontation at all. That was the point of my first post in this thread.

It's ironic but I just read today one of your past posts claiming that someone else was putting words in your mouth.

Oh well. ;)