Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

I'm offended

fabsx

There is only one thing I find offensive. It typically involves beans.

tenor.gif

(Okay, look at my avatar and then the gif):lol:

Edited by XenoFish
  • Haha 1

• 2 years later...

I know. I never actually encountered anyone like that, but I've heard alot of stories, and it gets me mad. Like ok, they don't agree with you, no one cares, suck it up. ugh

• 1 month later...

In the real world, we're surrounded by mildly offensive things all around us. I don't like to see people smoke cigarettes, pro-Trump bumper stickers and a "street preacher" spouts the social acceptance of Gay marriage will bring on the apocalypse. And I watch TV and movies, and read memes and cartoons with all sorts of groups of people stereotypes, including my groups: Autism, genderfluid, Lower-middle-class, Agnostic, Democrat voters, French and Native American, Californians and Millennials...but I knew they don't really mean it in a malicious manner, they say it just for laughs and make the viewers think about prejudice is just stupidity. 

Edited by Solipsi Rai

• 3 weeks later...

A good topic. It's not always easy to find a balance. I think that we should practice resiliency on other people's potentially offensive comments and tolerance to differences when it comes to our own.

• 1 month later...

In the 1980s-90s, political correctness began as an offshoot of the 1950s-70s civil rights movements to combat prejudice and discrimination against social minority groups and it was usually far-right wing bigots who hated the PC culture trends. Today, everything is offensive and once again, talking about politics, religion, money, diversity, morals and ethics are dangerous, the period of 2000s-2020s are comparable to what the establishment or status quo alike was before the civil rights movement (1930s-40s). Many mainstream conservative beliefs and opinions are being censored the same way mainstream liberal ones (or once considered non-mainstream) was.