Jump to content
Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Jodie.Lynne

Failure of Biblical Prophecy

51 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Jodie.Lynne

A very informative video from Aron-Ra.  Thoughts> Rebuttals?  Popcorn?

 

 

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Noteverythingisaconspiracy
20 minutes ago, JMPD1 said:

A very informative video from Aron-Ra.  Thoughts> Rebuttals?  Popcorn?

Popcorn.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jodie.Lynne
12 minutes ago, Noteverythingisaconspiracy said:

Popcorn.

Extra butter?

Or Extra, EXTRA butter?

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
third_eye

No salt ????

~

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
and then

:huh:  :rolleyes:

So this guy can undisputedly declare that no future events will ever prove prophetic?  He's REALLY good, huh?  

When I see these vids I often wonder what it is in Christ's message that causes such fervor to PROVE that he was wrong, or didn't exist at all?  It's an odd thing to obsess over, IMO.  If He wasn't God, He wasn't a worker of miracles, and wasn't special in any way... why bother to attempt to crush the faith of His believers?  What do they fear?  

When we discuss Damascus today and speak of the massive destruction in Syria, someone always posts a picture of a nearly untouched, beautiful city of Damascus.  When we awake to a decidedly different picture of a totally devastated city of Damascus, someday, I doubt anyone who is an unbeliever now will become a believer, then.  Believers will have the comfort of knowing that "it is close, even at the doors" :)   Those whose eyes are opened in that day will be welcome to join in the joyful coming events of His return and righteous rule.  Even this Anton LaVey look alike ;) 

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
and then
Just now, third_eye said:

No salt ????

~

Not even a little.  

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
third_eye
1 minute ago, and then said:

Not even a little.  

Gimme a pinch and you can hold on to the shaker ...

~

  • Like 2
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
and then
3 minutes ago, third_eye said:

Gimme a pinch and you can hold on to the shaker ...

~

I have less than I should but I'm willing to share the little I have :) 

  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ChaosRose
34 minutes ago, and then said:

:huh:  :rolleyes:

So this guy can undisputedly declare that no future events will ever prove prophetic?  He's REALLY good, huh?  

When I see these vids I often wonder what it is in Christ's message that causes such fervor to PROVE that he was wrong, or didn't exist at all?  It's an odd thing to obsess over, IMO.  If He wasn't God, He wasn't a worker of miracles, and wasn't special in any way... why bother to attempt to crush the faith of His believers?  What do they fear?  

When we discuss Damascus today and speak of the massive destruction in Syria, someone always posts a picture of a nearly untouched, beautiful city of Damascus.  When we awake to a decidedly different picture of a totally devastated city of Damascus, someday, I doubt anyone who is an unbeliever now will become a believer, then.  Believers will have the comfort of knowing that "it is close, even at the doors" :)   Those whose eyes are opened in that day will be welcome to join in the joyful coming events of His return and righteous rule.  Even this Anton LaVey look alike ;) 

Just listening to the intro, it seems that's not what he's trying to do. 

He is duking it out with biblical literalists, though.

Why might he do that?

Well, maybe because they are way out of touch with reality, and that can lead to bad things.

LaVey didn't have hair. 

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jodie.Lynne
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, and then said:

:huh:  :rolleyes:

So this guy can undisputedly declare that no future events will ever prove prophetic?  He's REALLY good, huh?  

When I see these vids I often wonder what it is in Christ's message that causes such fervor to PROVE that he was wrong, or didn't exist at all?  It's an odd thing to obsess over, IMO.  If He wasn't God, He wasn't a worker of miracles, and wasn't special in any way... why bother to attempt to crush the faith of His believers?  What do they fear?  

When we discuss Damascus today and speak of the massive destruction in Syria, someone always posts a picture of a nearly untouched, beautiful city of Damascus.  When we awake to a decidedly different picture of a totally devastated city of Damascus, someday, I doubt anyone who is an unbeliever now will become a believer, then.  Believers will have the comfort of knowing that "it is close, even at the doors" :)   Those whose eyes are opened in that day will be welcome to join in the joyful coming events of His return and righteous rule.  Even this Anton LaVey look alike ;) 

Yeah, because the poor benighted Christians, who don't even try to get their religious beliefs passed as the "law of the land"; who don't try to legislate "intelligent design" as a legitimate course of study; who claim (falsely) that the American Constitution is based on biblical law and are simply trying to quietly practice their faith, are being picked on.........

 

Also, the vid is not trying to PROVE anything. Except that Christians distort their own biblical text to create a series of false 'prophecies.  Did you even watch the vid before making your statement? It's only 15 minutes.

Edited by JMPD1
  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guyver
3 hours ago, JMPD1 said:

A very informative video from Aron-Ra.  Thoughts> 

I mean, the guy looks like Satan?!  So, you’re gonna get Christians call BS on that one from the get go.  I think you should have just listed what you think are the most obvious failed prophecies, and discussed why it even matters to you at all anyway.. but that’s just my opinion on it.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jodie.Lynne
6 minutes ago, Guyver said:

I mean, the guy looks like Satan?!  So, you’re gonna get Christians call BS on that one from the get go.  I think you should have just listed what you think are the most obvious failed prophecies, and discussed why it even matters to you at all anyway.. but that’s just my opinion on it.

Because I think he said it better than I could? And because the BS that theists spread by mis-interpreting their bible should be corrected?

So the appearance of the messenger matters more than the message?  Interesting. By the way, that guy is running for office in Texas. He jokingly refers to himself as "The Klingon Satan".

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guyver
15 minutes ago, JMPD1 said:

Because I think he said it better than I could? And because the BS that theists spread by mis-interpreting their bible should be corrected?

So the appearance of the messenger matters more than the message?  Interesting. By the way, that guy is running for office in Texas. He jokingly refers to himself as "The Klingon Satan".

OK....well, at the very least it gives us something somewhat interesting to talk about.  Appearance of the messenger, no.. your point is sound, but you have to consider audience.  People who are Bible literalists and even general believers have not only a vested interest in their beliefs, but many times a programmed defense mechanism for this sort of thing.

From their perspective it’s like the devil going on tv to criticize the Bible and sow seeds of doubt among the flock.  I mean, they’ll flat out dismiss this thing on general principle so fast and dismiss it without a second thought.  I know cause I was one, long time.

Anyway, the real hard core dudes or dudesses will debate the actual scriptures maybe, I would have at one time.  So, if there’s any of those left around here you may get some fireworks.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Likely Guy
59 minutes ago, JMPD1 said:

Because I think he said it better than I could? And because the BS that theists spread by mis-interpreting their bible should be corrected?

So the appearance of the messenger matters more than the message?  Interesting. By the way, that guy is running for office in Texas. He jokingly refers to himself as "The Klingon Satan".

How does he feel about school mil taxes and road tax allowances? That's the more important answer, if he has a clue. It's far easier to be against something.

(That said; Personally, I've disliked Trump for about 30 years. I come by that honestly.)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Vlad the Mighty

 

4 hours ago, and then said:

When we awake to a decidedly different picture of a totally devastated city of Damascus, someday, I doubt anyone who is an unbeliever now will become a believer, then.

So just to get this straight, are you saying that you'd be disappointed if the conflict was to end peacefully? Well, don't worry, Israel's current prophet, Benjamin "Bibi" Netanyahu, is doing all he can to ensure that this won't happen. Have faith. 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
and then
40 minutes ago, Vlad the Mighty said:

are you saying that you'd be disappointed if the conflict was to end peacefully?

No, I'm pretty sure those words are YOURS.  What you or I desire means nothing in the grand scheme.  As I've often said, peace WILL come. It just isn't fated to last.  Surely that shouldn't come as a surprise, given the history of the region?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
and then
4 hours ago, JMPD1 said:

Yeah, because the poor benighted Christians, who don't even try to get their religious beliefs passed as the "law of the land"; who don't try to legislate "intelligent design" as a legitimate course of study; who claim (falsely) that the American Constitution is based on biblical law and are simply trying to quietly practice their faith, are being picked on.........

Are you seriously arguing that America is becoming a more Christian nation?  REALLY?  I'll say it again - what is it that you guys fear?  I'm pretty sure that while guns have been around in the U.S. forever, school shootings only began AFTER the emphasis on removing any mention of the Christian God from school grounds.  In every aspect of public life in this country, secularists have won the battles to remove God - the Biblical God, that is, from the public sphere.  Other religions don't seem to be as much a threat for some reason.  As to Christians "trying" to get the government to recognize our rights as stated in the Constitution, why shouldn't we?  We are as much Americans as you and your ilk.  I don't CARE who or what you hate.  That's between you and whatever you serve.  I, for one, will not be silenced by people like you.  Get over it.  Life's too short to spend it hating someone or something you cannot ever control.

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
danydandan
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, and then said:

Are you seriously arguing that America is becoming a more Christian nation?  REALLY?  I'll say it again - what is it that you guys fear?  I'm pretty sure that while guns have been around in the U.S. forever, school shootings only began AFTER the emphasis on removing any mention of the Christian God from school grounds.  In every aspect of public life in this country, secularists have won the battles to remove God - the Biblical God, that is, from the public sphere.  Other religions don't seem to be as much a threat for some reason.  As to Christians "trying" to get the government to recognize our rights as stated in the Constitution, why shouldn't we?  We are as much Americans as you and your ilk.  I don't CARE who or what you hate.  That's between you and whatever you serve.  I, for one, will not be silenced by people like you.  Get over it.  Life's too short to spend it hating someone or something you cannot ever control.

The whole school shootings and the removal of God in public places is a correlation not a causation.

In Ireland we have guns, ownership is very restricted, and for good reason. Republicans, ie the IRA, and Loyalists would be blowing each other's heads off if they were readily available. However we are also very a secularist Country and we have had zero school shootings. Same can be said for the UK, with the exception of the Dunblane  massacre, whove been secularist longer, and have a much larger population. Or maybe it's just an Americanism? Guns do kill people, access to guns allows for cowards to kill people. The direct cause of school shootings is people with guns. So logically we should take away the people and shootings would stop.

For the rest of your comment I can't give an opinion as I don't know about the US Constitution.

Edited by danydandan
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
seanjo
35 minutes ago, danydandan said:

The whole school shootings and the removal of God in public places is a correlation not a causation.

In Ireland we have guns, ownership is very restricted, and for good reason. Republicans, or the IRA and Loyalists would be blowing each other's heads off if they were readily available. However we are also very a secularist Country and we have had zero school shootings. Same can be said for the UK, with the exception of the Dunblane  massacre, whove been secularist longer, and have a much larger population. Or maybe it's just an Americanism? Guns do kill people, access to guns allows for cowards to kill people. The direct cause of school shootings is people with guns. So logically we should take away the people and shootings would stop.

For the rest of your comment I can't give an opinion as I don't know about the US Constitution.

Southern Ireland has had papal law written into the constitution since independence. Only recently is that being addressed.

I'm no believer in religion, but there are worse things than Christians walking this planet.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
seanjo

There was a global flood, or at least a rise in sea levels, when the last ice age ended, I believe that's where the flood myths originated.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
danydandan
3 minutes ago, seanjo said:

Southern Ireland has had papal law written into the constitution since independence. Only recently is that being addressed.

I'm no believer in religion, but there are worse things than Christians walking this planet.

Yeah our constitution is a bit condrictory, but echoes the American one in terms of freedom of religion, speech and assembly, but is heavily influenced by Catholic morality which isn't a bad thing. It was heavily influenced by an Irish American, Eamonn De Velera.

Some of old English laws like right of ways etc etc are still in place in Ireland.

In 2006 documents were released that showed De Velera sought approval from the pope regarding the constitution, the pope declined as the Catholic Church was not officially recognised as the one true church.

I don't think the comment that papal law was written into our constitution is correct, as it simply wasn't. However the Catholic Church heavily influenced it.

https://www.historyireland.com/20th-century-contemporary-history/the-catholic-church-and-the-writing-of-the-1937-constitution/

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Alien Origins
9 hours ago, JMPD1 said:

A very informative video from Aron-Ra.  Thoughts> Rebuttals?  Popcorn?

 

 

I did not watch the video but I like that t-shirt he has on.....

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
MysticWolf
5 hours ago, and then said:

Life's too short to spend it hating someone or something you cannot ever control.

Now practice what you guy's preach.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jodie.Lynne
9 hours ago, Guyver said:

From their perspective it’s like the devil going on tv to criticize the Bible and sow seeds of doubt among the flock.  I mean, they’ll flat out dismiss this thing on general principle so fast and dismiss it without a second thought.  I know cause I was one, long time.

They would do that even if Aron was the epitome of corporate white America. 

And, despite his appearance, he is a well educated man, and has (to me) a clear and concise manner in presenting his views. If you're interested, check out some of his vids on YouTube.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jmccr8
Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, JMPD1 said:

Yeah, because the poor benighted Christians, who don't even try to get their religious beliefs passed as the "law of the land"; who don't try to legislate "intelligent design" as a legitimate course of study; who claim (falsely) that the American Constitution is based on biblical law and are simply trying to quietly practice their faith, are being picked on.........

 

Also, the vid is not trying to PROVE anything. Except that Christians distort their own biblical text to create a series of false 'prophecies.  Did you even watch the vid before making your statement? It's only 15 minutes.

Hi JMPD1

I didn't see the video so I won't comment on it. I see Armageddon as a story about personal challenges and not a prophecy much like the rest of the stories. Each day we wake up and your life for the day is on the plate, some days are glorious and others well less so

Live is fluid and by believing in oneself to work to a positive end and many of the stories can reinforce that self image. For what it's worth there will always be war, these stories can be interpreted and promoted in at lot of ways to serve other means. Fear is a means of control so the fear needs to be fed by bad interpretation of these stories

If it isn't one disaster like all the ends of the world that didn't happen or a threat that that bad guy over there needs us to kick his a**.  Not to mention my penchant for pushing the envelope at times, I came to the conclusion that I don't care when I die the world ends for me. That doesn't mean anything else in the world will, an at some point in our lives we do have a personal Armageddon.

jmccr8

Edited by jmccr8
Not sure

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.