Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Failure of Biblical Prophecy

Jodie.Lynne

2 minutes ago, JMPD1 said:

Hey jmccr8

The video isn't really about end of the word prophecies. It deals with the supposed prophecies relating to the coming of the messiah which Jesus is said to have fulfilled, and the inconsistencies. The author also discusses some of the other prophecies as well.

Thanks on my phone now and don't watch videos til I get to my computer. I'll give it a watch.

In my opinion prior to watching the video though it doesn't change the context of my post as I included all prophecies in my comment. Jesus may only be an illustration of self discovery like many of the other stories. The whole bible was written by man I can see it as a means of them expressing a part of their journey although some aspects could have been rewritten or changed. The whole context of the bible is based on older religions that we do not have a complete picture of and who knows how many amendments and adaptations there were over the eons.

As a side note I have wondered if some stories, myths or religious concepts were from exchanges with other groups like Neanderthals and Denisovans that we have adapted to our history.

jmccr8

14 hours ago, JMPD1 said:

A very informative video from Aron-Ra.  Thoughts> Rebuttals?  Popcorn?

I like his videos, especially the one about Moses.

2 hours ago, jmccr8 said:

Thanks on my phone now and don't watch videos til I get to my computer. I'll give it a watch.

In my opinion prior to watching the video though it doesn't change the context of my post as I included all prophecies in my comment. Jesus may only be an illustration of self discovery like many of the other stories. The whole bible was written by man I can see it as a means of them expressing a part of their journey although some aspects could have been rewritten or changed. The whole context of the bible is based on older religions that we do not have a complete picture of and who knows how many amendments and adaptations there were over the eons.

As a side note I have wondered if some stories, myths or religious concepts were from exchanges with other groups like Neanderthals and Denisovans that we have adapted to our history.

jmccr8

Okay had a chance to watch the video and through, he made a good presentation of his perspective and agree with it as presented. from what I saw my earlier comment is not in conflict.

jmccr8

9 hours ago, and then said:

I'm pretty sure that while guns have been around in the U.S. forever, school shootings only began AFTER the emphasis on removing any mention of the Christian God from school grounds. 

I wish they would put Krishna in public schools. I am tired of hearing about the Sun Jesus.:lol: I would be way more interested if my kids came home talking about Krishna or even Amen Ra.

38 minutes ago, Truthseeker007 said:

I wish they would put Krishna in public schools. I am tired of hearing about the Sun Jesus.:lol: I would be way more interested if my kids came home talking about Krishna or even Amen Ra.

World religions are covered as topics in public schools.  

3 hours ago, JMPD1 said:

Hey jmccr8

The video isn't really about end of the word prophecies. It deals with the supposed prophecies relating to the coming of the messiah which Jesus is said to have fulfilled, and the inconsistencies. The author also discusses some of the other prophecies as well.

The scripture covered on the header, is the one Christians use to validate the virgin birth.  I see that he has it posted as a translation which shows young maiden, or maiden rather than virgin....which is correct according to my research.  Here it is in the NKJV.  Isaiah 7:14

"Therefore the Lord Himself will give you a sign: Behold, the virgin shall conceive and bear a Son, and shall call His name Immanuel."

Now Jesus was not named Immanuel which translates, "God with us" ....he was named Joshua which roughly translates, Yahweh is Salvation, so not the same thing.  Anyway, it seems pretty obvious to me that Isaiah's prophecy doesn't speak of Jesus, it speaks of another child that marks the time of invasion by the Assyrians.  I don't see this prophecy having anything to do with Christian Jesus whatsoever, but Christians do.  And they don't care what you say about it because that's how they believe it.

But, I would be interested in your take on another prophecy from Isaiah, this one also from Isaiah, in chapter 9 verse 6.

"For unto us a Child is born,
Unto us a Son is given;
And the government will be upon His shoulder.
And His name will be called
Wonderful, Counselor, Mighty God,
Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace."

What is your take on that scripture/prophecy?  Christians believe that this is a direct prophecy about Jesus and that it will be fulfilled at the time of his second coming, when he crushes all nations under his feet and rules the world from Jerusalem.  How do you see it?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Guyver said:

World religions are covered as topics in public schools.  

I don't think they did in my school. I remember though I had a catholic teacher that was pretty abusive. He was always telling the bad kids they were going to hell.lol!!

2 hours ago, Guyver said:

Unto us a Son is given;

I think some people thought that was about Obama.:lol:

The scripture covered on the header, is the one Christians use to validate the virgin birth.  I see that he has it posted as a translation which shows young maiden, or maiden rather than virgin....which is correct according to my research.  Here it is in the NKJV.  Isaiah 7:14

"Therefore the Lord Himself will give you a sign: Behold, the virgin shall conceive and bear a Son, and shall call His name Immanuel."

Now Jesus was not named Immanuel which translates, "God with us" ....he was named Joshua which roughly translates, Yahweh is Salvation, so not the same thing.  Anyway, it seems pretty obvious to me that Isaiah's prophecy doesn't speak of Jesus, it speaks of another child that marks the time of invasion by the Assyrians.  I don't see this prophecy having anything to do with Christian Jesus whatsoever, but Christians do.  And they don't care what you say about it because that's how they believe it.

But, I would be interested in your take on another prophecy from Isaiah, this one also from Isaiah, in chapter 9 verse 6.

Unto us a Son is given;

What is your take on that scripture/prophecy?  Christians believe that this is a direct prophecy about Jesus and that it will be fulfilled at the time of his second coming, when he crushes all nations under his feet and rules the world from Jerusalem.  How do you see it?

Hi Guyver,

Self agendaizing a nation.

jmccr8

Unto us a Son is given;

Aron-Ra actually addresses this one in the video. He likens it to a general 'blessing' upon a head of state. Kind of like "God save the Queen" or "God Bless America.

I tend to agree that it does not reference Yeshua, especially in light of the fact that other prophecies regarding him were not met. The name "Immanuel" being significant.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Pagels Price 1 said:

I like his videos, especially the one about Moses.

He's reinstating what true historians have been saying. I know you know he's not a scholar historian. he's on your video list.

6 hours ago, Guyver said:

Unto us a Son is given;

The tragedy of orthodoxy was judaizing a mystery religion. They were overly ambitious.

2 hours ago, intoyoulikeatrain said:

The tragedy of orthodoxy was judaizing a mystery religion. They were overly ambitious.

Interesting.

On ‎28‎/‎05‎/‎2018 at 5:41 PM, and then said:

I'm pretty sure that while guns have been around in the U.S. forever, school shootings only began AFTER the emphasis on removing any mention of the Christian God from school grounds.

They also began AFTER slavery was abolished, women got the right to vote, the invention of the motor vehicle, etc.

• Like 3

On 5/28/2018 at 5:11 AM, Alien Origins said:

I did not watch the video but I like that t-shirt he has on.....

It is apropos to his outlook on life.

7 hours ago, Rlyeh said:

They also began AFTER slavery was abolished, women got the right to vote, the invention of the motor vehicle, etc.

You're going to need to step up your game as more time passes.  It's going to be harder to sound convincing as you argue that people should believe you, instead of their "lying eyes".  :rolleyes:

On 5/28/2018 at 4:11 AM, and then said:

school shootings only began AFTER the emphasis on removing any mention of the Christian God from school grounds.

I think the lack of Jesus in schools has nothing to do with that problem. 

• Like 1

On 28/5/2018 at 10:11 AM, and then said:

I'm pretty sure that while guns have been around in the U.S. forever, school shootings only began AFTER the emphasis on removing any mention of the Christian God from school grounds.  In every aspect of public life in this country, secularists have won the battles to remove God - the Biblical God, that is, from the public sphere.  

If I apply your logic I can "prove" that prayer causes school shootings:

Everytime a school shooting occurs people say that they will send their thoughts and prayer. Shortly after that a new school shooting occurs. Prayer causes school shootings.

No I do not believe that religion causes school shootings, but see how easy it is to make a causation if you don't care if its true or not. 

• Like 4

Just for fun, everybody knows that the Beatles are not the locust in Revelation. I’ll put the passage with the scorpion locust of Revelation here for readability.

Revelation of John 9:7:
  And the shapes of the locusts were like unto horses prepared unto battle; and on their heads were as it were crowns like gold, and their faces were as the faces of men.

Revelation of John 9:8:
  And they had hair as the hair of women, and their teeth were as the teeth of lions.

Revelation of John 9:9:
  And they had breastplates, as it were breastplates of iron; and the sound of their wings was as the sound of chariots of many horses running to battle.

Revelation of John 9:10:
  And they had tails like unto scorpions, and there were stings in their tails: and their power was to hurt men five months.

I thought for sure since he was so knowledgeable about the Bible that he would mention that they are a part of the ancient Babylonian / Assyrian mythology. They are even mentioned in Gilgamesh. That’s what revelation talks about through out the entire book, “Babylon”. For example.

Revelation 17:5 5 And upon her forehead was a name written, MYSTERY, BABYLON THE GREAT, THE MOTHER OF HARLOTS AND ABOMINATIONS OF THE EARTH.

They are the aqrabuamelu https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scorpion_man. 

Whats so fascinating is that modern archaeological begin to document of the knowledge of the ancient Babylonian culture until around 1890 AD. The time between the book of Revelation being recorded and Gilgamesh is about 2200 years. How did John know how to describe these being from a mythology lost in the sand? Especially in age with only a handful that could read and write. Pure coincidence I suppose. To me, it reads like a psychic vision. I mean, bits and pieces seem accurate while other seem more vague. For example, the descriptions of the lammassu https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lamassu latter in chapter 9 and the aqrabuamelu seem very accurate while the description of certain events seem to described in a vague manner.

There is much more to this and many others things that couldn't be described without being plugged in somehow. For example.

Revelation 17:(10-11)

10 And there are seven kings: five are fallen, and one is, and the other is not yet come; and when he cometh, he must continue a short space. 11 And the beast that was, and is not, even he is the eighth, and is of the seven, and goeth into perdition.

These are the eight per-antideluvian kings https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sumerian_King_List and correspond to the five fallen and the one in yet come. Go figure. It goes on and on. 

I’m trying to find something on Aron-Ra credentials. All I can find is he is high school teacher. Is he a college professor or something? I find him disturbing. He looks a bit high too.

9 minutes ago, FFA said:

Just for fun, everybody knows that the Beatles are not the locust in Revelation. I’ll put the passage with the scorpion locust of Revelation here for readability.

There is much more to this and many others things that couldn't be described without being plugged in somehow. For example.

Revelation 17:(10-11)

10 And there are seven kings: five are fallen, and one is, and the other is not yet come; and when he cometh, he must continue a short space. 11 And the beast that was, and is not, even he is the eighth, and is of the seven, and goeth into perdition.

Since the topic is failure of Biblical Prophecy, and you've brought in the Revelation.....I think it's fair to say that may be chief among failed bible prophecies.  Yet, so many Christians consider this prophecy a thing which is still to come to pass.  This shows the most extreme of cognitive bias.  The very first verse of the prophecy demonstrates that the writer was speaking of a time which would occur in the lifetime of the reader, and this is reiterated many times through out all 22 chapters. 

This writing was accepted (apparently) by the Apostles, and the early church as were St. John's Epistles, yet the end of the world described here did not occur - at all.  It didn't even happen a little bit.  This last, and in many ways most prominent of bible prophecies did not occur and thus is a failed or false prophecy.  

When I was a bible believer and I discovered this, it was quite a shock.  But it didn't immediately cause me to lose faith in the rest of the bible.  I felt that more study would be needed before I came to that conclusion.  Eventually, I did....but I guess that's my own personal journey.   

• Like 1

3 hours ago, XenoFish said:

I think the lack of Jesus in schools has nothing to do with that problem. 

I agree that the separation of Church and State is right.  One problem is that the Christians themselves don't even agree in doctrine, so attempting to foster an "all encompassing" practice of faith in schools would be problematic even among believers.  This of course also infringes upon the values of those who are atheist, agnostic, or practice no known religion.  Is it more trouble than it's worth?  Probably.  Yet, with all the crazy behaviors and school shootings, etc.  Something needs be done.  Big time.  and in a hurry!

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Guyver said:

Since the topic is failure of Biblical Prophecy, and you've brought in the Revelation.....I think it's fair to say that may be chief among failed bible prophecies.  Yet, so many Christians consider this prophecy a thing which is still to come to pass.  This shows the most extreme of cognitive bias.  The very first verse of the prophecy demonstrates that the writer was speaking of a time which would occur in the lifetime of the reader, and this is reiterated many times through out all 22 chapters. 

This writing was accepted (apparently) by the Apostles, and the early church as were St. John's Epistles, yet the end of the world described here did not occur - at all.  It didn't even happen a little bit.  This last, and in many ways most prominent of bible prophecies did not occur and thus is a failed or false prophecy.  

When I was a bible believer and I discovered this, it was quite a shock.  But it didn't immediately cause me to lose faith in the rest of the bible.  I felt that more study would be needed before I came to that conclusion.  Eventually, I did....but I guess that's my own personal journey.   

What is shortly? In particular, coming from God, it's relative, that by know way negates the prophecy. Not only that but that is only your perception of how it is to be read. Christ often spoke in parables and never meant everything he said to be conveyed to everybody all the time. Its not supposed to be cut and dry.

All though many would like it to be and it frustrates them that it is not. 

2 hours ago, FFA said:

What is shortly? In particular, coming from God, it's relative, that by know way negates the prophecy. Not only that but that is only your perception of how it is to be read. Christ often spoke in parables and never meant everything he said to be conveyed to everybody all the time. Its not supposed to be cut and dry.

All though many would like it to be and it frustrates them that it is not. 

Shortly means it's about to take place......just like it plainly says in the text.  Here's Rev 1 from NKJV.

"The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave Him to show His servants—things which must [a]shortly take place."

That means in the immediate future of those reading the prophecy two thousand years ago.  It especially means something coming from God because it's not relative, time being measured as he created it, by days and seasons according to the sun and moon which he created, but because someone as precise as God could not be so confused as to not know what soon means.  

Christ did speak in parables, and the Revelation certainly has an enormous amount of symbology......not really parables.....but it also has plain language, like that I posted above.  And it also speaks in plain terms about those symbolic things and what destruction they would wreak upon the planet.  That, they did not do.  Yet, if you're a bible believer......and you wish to maintain the belief that God wrote or dictated through the angel that which is written in the Revelation, then that is your choice and your right.  I my humble opinion, it is without question and demonstrably a failed prophecy.....and I'm pretty sure I just made part of a good argument for why I consider it so.  

• Like 1

8 hours ago, and then said:

You're going to need to step up your game as more time passes.  It's going to be harder to sound convincing as you argue that people should believe you, instead of their "lying eyes".  :rolleyes:

I'll let you start, sunshine.