Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

War with North Korea is a Proxy for China

Raptor Witness

The tariffs announced yesterday, against our allies for aluminum and steel are designed for one of two things:

1) The United States really is preparing for war, with multiple adversaries.

2) The United States just wants to give the appearance of going to war against multiple adversaries.

Given Donald Trump's desire to be "Great Again," which would you guess? 

My guess is, his generals have already decided that North Korea must be stopped now, which means a war with China.

The reasons why the U.S. could not feel it could rely on its strategic partners for aluminum and steel exports, is likely a concern that shipping these commodities could be interrupted.

On a side note, I found a very interesting article on China's current strategic position, with respect to it's nuclear arsenal. War on The Rocks - 11-8-2017 

The most interesting part was China's current limitations .... generally.

Edited by Raptor Witness

On 6/1/2018 at 12:00 AM, Raptor Witness said:

The tariffs announced yesterday, against our allies for aluminum and steel are designed for one of two things:

1) The United States really is preparing for war, with multiple adversaries.

2) The United States just wants to give the appearance of going to war against multiple adversaries.

Given Donald Trump's desire to be "Great Again," which would you guess? 

My guess is, his generals have already decided that North Korea must be stopped now, which means a war with China.

The reasons why the U.S. could not feel it could rely on its strategic partners for aluminum and steel exports, is likely a concern that shipping these commodities could be interrupted.

On a side note, I found a very interesting article on China's current strategic position, with respect to it's nuclear arsenal. War on The Rocks - 11-8-2017 

Raptor, pi**ing off our long term allies is a poor way to prepare for war.   Your reason for the tariffs makes no sense whatsoever.   If you are concerned about interrupted supplies, you stockpile not anger the suppliers.  You would think we are preparing for war with Europe, Canada and Mexico by your logic.  You do recall that Canada and Mexico can send us goods by rail and truck. Hard to interrupt that supply network.

I am still not sure what you think the benefit of a war would be.It will not reset the geopolitical situation to any favorable situation.  Times will get worse for all of us.

• Like 1

On 6/1/2018 at 12:00 AM, Raptor Witness said:

This whole article seems to indicate the Chinese believe deterrence takes only a handfull of weapons.    They don't seem to be preparing a massive nuclear strike on anybody.  Why is it you are so hellbent on starting a war with them?

• Like 1

On 6/3/2018 at 6:46 PM, Tatetopa said:

Raptor, pi**ing off our long term allies is a poor way to prepare for war.   Your reason for the tariffs makes no sense whatsoever.   If you are concerned about interrupted supplies, you stockpile not anger the suppliers.  You would think we are preparing for war with Europe, Canada and Mexico by your logic.  You do recall that Canada and Mexico can send us goods by rail and truck. Hard to interrupt that supply network.

I am still not sure what you think the benefit of a war would be.It will not reset the geopolitical situation to any favorable situation.  Times will get worse for all of us.

It’s foolish, strategically, to allow our steel mills and aluminum mills to disintegrate. Self-reliance is always the better option.

Allied interests in strategic metal production are a small portion of their exports. I personally know of two mills, one steel and one aluminum which have been closed in recent years.  It’s not just the Mills, it’s the people that know how to work the product.

NATO will disintegrate, just like the former Soviet Union.  There is nothing on this earth which can stop that, in fact, just the opposite. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Raptor Witness said:

It’s foolish, strategically, to allow our steel mills and aluminum mills to disintegrate. Self-reliance is always the better option.

Allied interests in strategic metal production are a small portion of their exports. I personally know of two mills, one steel and one aluminum which have been closed in recent years.  It’s not just the Mills, it’s the people that know how to work the product.

NATO will disintegrate, just like the former Soviet Union.  There is nothing on this earth which can stop that, in fact, just the opposite. 

I can't disagree with self reliance.  The mills that usually go down first and start last as prices rise are the older inefficient costly ones.  The efficient ones can expand production more cost effectively than restarting older ones.

Think about your statement: allies interests in strategic metal production are a small portion of their exports. If that is the case, then again, it seems foolish  to argue over this small portion. It does not breed goodwill.   Germany pays a higher wage to many and their workers have higher benefits and pay more taxes.  Why can't America be more competitive with  Europe and export more.  China seems to b the issue does it not?

• Like 1

On 6/3/2018 at 6:46 PM, Tatetopa said:

1 hour ago, Tatetopa said:

it seems foolish  to argue over this small portion. It does not breed goodwill.   Germany pays a higher wage to many and their workers have higher benefits and pay more taxes.  Why can't America be more competitive with  Europe and export more.  China seems to b the issue does it not?

Why China would allow North Korea to behave in the manner it has, isn't a mystery to me. Their behavior reveals that peace isn't an illusion, it's a delusion.

China will be easier to shipwreck than you think. They have far less protection than most people believe, because at their stage of growth, they rely more on others to buy their goods.  They are like the five and dime store on the town square, which Walmart replaced.  We don't need them.

40 minutes ago, Raptor Witness said:

Why China would allow North Korea to behave in the manner it has, isn't a mystery to me. Their behavior reveals that peace isn't an illusion, it's a delusion.

China will be easier to shipwreck than you think. They have far less protection than most people believe, because at their stage of growth, they rely more on others to buy their goods.  They are like the five and dime store on the town square, which Walmart replaced.  We don't need them.

Raptor, China is a market 4 times as big as the US.  That is why American businesses put up with so much trouble from them.  They have so many customers who want to buy our goods.  That is still not a reason for war.

• Like 2

On 6/5/2018 at 9:44 AM, Raptor Witness said:

It’s foolish, strategically, to allow our steel mills and aluminum mills to disintegrate ......

...... NATO will disintegrate, just like the former Soviet Union.  There is nothing on this earth which can stop that, in fact, just the opposite. 

Search Google for “g7 summit NATO 2018” - https://www.google.com/search?rlz=1CDGOYI_enUS778US778&hl=en-US&ei=vU0fW7n2GsuezwKdy7DIDQ&q=g7+summit+nato+2018&oq=&gs_l=mobile-gws-wiz-serp.1.0.41l3.52375.52375..90554...0....0.0.......0....1.......3..0i71.aI%2BWneg1vGo%3D

-:—:-:-:-:-:-

Of course Trump knows .... he’s always known. So what to do with an alliance that has robbed U.S.?

The money would be better spent bribing the enemy, at this point.

A guest on CNBC reported today that it cost the United States 50 million cash, to cover North Korea’s expenses to attend the summit in Singapore. 

In addition to that, they want $1 million for each of the remains that are returned to United States, from the Korean War.

Trump reports that we will be saving on the canceled  war games, so I guess we have a deal?

My guess is, Trump offered 1-10 billion for each of the 60 warheads, with the stipulation that outside inspectors and cameras be allowed in the country.

There’s nothing like having a realtor in the White House.

Go Big Apples ! Go Team ...!

Edited by Raptor Witness