Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Long Enough - new guitar vid by OverSword

OverSword

Whatever happened to my suggestion for the backing dancers in snakeskin dresses?

It was a winner, I tell ya! :yes:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 4

Great work OS, I wish I could play like that. :yes:

I know some cords from Smoke on the Water!  :lol:

ETA: You look just like a guy I grew up with, only much younger lol

Edited by .ZZ.
  • Like 6
  • Haha 1

Interesting riff ... gets a bit draggy by the fourth bar of the opening for me, I would switch the chords at the 01:50 with the intro, that way it would sound as a much more packed three and half minutes / four than a jerky closer to five ...

Just my take, liked it but its a bit too long of repetitious as it is ...

~

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, third_eye said:

Interesting riff ... gets a bit draggy by the fourth bar of the opening for me, I would switch the chords at the 01:50 with the intro, that way it would sound as a much more packed three and half minutes / four than a jerky closer to five ...

~

There's a turd in every herd........:lol:

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

2 minutes ago, Piney said:

There's a turd in every herd........:lol:

You're sniffing up the wrong end of the pack ... :lol:

If OS takes it the wrong way I'll apologise, if he tries the suggestion, then we'll see who's the turd ... :D

~

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

2 minutes ago, third_eye said:

Been nose to nose with my pack, and I have the high ground.:tu:

• Haha 5

Pretty good Oversword! I have a cheesy vid of a cover I did a year or so ago. I don't have the best recording equipment.lol! I could post it here but I don't want to steal Overswords thunder.:lol:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, third_eye said:

If OS takes it the wrong way I'll apologise, if he tries the suggestion, then we'll see who's the turd ... :D

~

Always the critic :rolleyes:  I agree with you, but then again this is basically some extra organized noodling and not written in stone so thanks :tu:

Edited by OverSword
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 3

Bravo!!   Personally, I love it.  Thank you for sharing!!   :wub:

• Like 2

4 hours ago, third_eye said:

~

Wow! A rather frank critique!

I don't think he meant that as an audition for a talent show, he was just sharing among his friends here.

Can anyone here top it? :lol:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

8 hours ago, OverSword said:

Always the critic :rolleyes:  I agree with you, but then again this is basically some extra organized noodling and not written in stone so thanks :tu:

Make it work ... Oh wait ... that's another show ...  :lol:

~

5 hours ago, .ZZ. said:

Wow! A rather frank critique!

I don't think he meant that as an audition for a talent show, he was just sharing among his friends here.

:lol:

I know its not an audition or anything like the sort, and anyhow it wasn't a bad review ... just had a feeling about how it would work smoother ... is all

~

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Goddess of the Mist said:

You should post it; I don't think he'd mind   :)

Thanks Goddess!! I will for you then later today.:D You could probably use a good laugh.:lol:

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Goddess of the Mist said:

You should post it; I don't think he'd mind   :)

Well  sorry never mind. Apparently they blocked it on YouTube saying some copyright reason. I guess doing a cover now is considered copyright infringement.:angry: I guess I will have to make another video one day.

Sounds good. Be nice to make a video with bass and drums mixed in.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Truthseeker007 said:

Well  sorry never mind. Apparently they blocked it on YouTube saying some copyright reason. I guess doing a cover now is considered copyright infringement.:angry: I guess I will have to make another video one day.

Covers are not copyright infringement.   Quite possibly however; some of the imagery you might have used in the video could have violated copyright.  

On 5/30/2018 at 6:28 AM, Truthseeker007 said:

4 hours ago, joc said:

Covers are not copyright infringement.   Quite possibly however; some of the imagery you might have used in the video could have violated copyright.  

Or when you uploaded it you may not have made it available to the general public.

A drunken status update about a lightbulb turning on in my head with some chord accents and their relationship to ....... well lets just say blah blah blah Hendrix influence, led me to record this video just to get it out of the way and make it easier to focus on something else. That and TC's encouragement/impatience for fresh stuff on my YouTube channel. Things are progressing well. I may have something fresh soon. Then again I've said that before and it still takes forever. Okay end of whiskey fueled rant, back to Maria (my Telecaster)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Yay!!   My impatience is finally being used for good!   :D

• Thanks 2

• 2 weeks later...

Listening to your recording again; brings back memories of when my dad used to have jam sessions at our house on the weekends growing up.  I heard a little bit of everything, from rock, to country, to bluegrass to rhythm and blues.    I miss those days.   Thank you again for sharing your talent with us.  :)  

• Like 1

I have an old friend who's basically an escapee from Haight Ashbury and he's one HELL of a Blues guitarist.  He used to put his playing down by saying good guitar players were a "dime a dozen"  I told him he was crazy then and I still believe it.  a well played guitar is an AWESOME treat.  Thanks, OS!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/24/2018 at 12:18 AM, and then said:

I have an old friend who's basically an escapee from Haight Ashbury and he's one HELL of a Blues guitarist.  He used to put his playing down by saying good guitar players were a "dime a dozen"  I told him he was crazy then and I still believe it.  a well played guitar is an AWESOME treat.  Thanks, OS!

Thanks for that. Your friend was right of course and the truly good players make the rest of look unimpressive, but every once in a while something happens that makes me think “Hey I’m actually pretty good” usually while showing a beginner something and their playing reminds me how far I’ve come. 

I actually don’t have one video on YouTube that accurately depicts my playing. Every time I click record on the phone I get stiff. Click where it says don’t click here under my post and there are one or two songs on that page that ain’t bad. Check the one called Confessions of Cain, or I Rule Therefore I Am

• Like 2