Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

MH370 mystery endures as 4-year search ends

UM-Bot

I like to think, the plane is still in one piece, pretty much. (I have an optimistic imagination) coupled with the mystery factor, that tends to grab my attention. Anyhow, despite not finding the plane, with it's crew and passengers, it could be assumed that it's not entirely in one piece. And, I wonder of the pieces found, there seems to be some to think that some of these pieces definitely came from the plane. 

So, is it safe to assume, that the plane was destroyed, and all aboard are lost? :(  If that is the case, with what has washed up on shore and found by people, I'm surprised that very little have been washed ashore, or found in the ocean by other people. And, I don't think it's be listed that any remains have been found. 

It makes me wonder, (not just in how it was downed) but where it ended up to have so little evidence to show up like other downed planes have had. 

Very sad for the families who have gotten no closure on this tragedy.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 3

The plane buoyancy if it remain more or less in one piece can have taken it far away from the search area, gliding slowly with the current.

• Like 1

It seems certain that MH370's disappearance was caused by criminal activity of one sort or another. So not an issue with the aircraft design or maintenance. My worry now would be flying to that part of the world, it's not hard to come to the conclusion that Malaysian ATC is not able to cope with high stress/ unusual situations.    

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, seanjo said:

Not so sure about that, it could have been a fire.

But nefarious activity is probably favourite.

I initially thought a fire was a reasonable assumption in the months after the disappearance, I have since come to the unfortunate conclusion it was planned. Hopefully the aircraft will be located one day and more answers found.    

• Like 1

1 hour ago, seanjo said:

Parts of it have washed up on shores near Africa.

That doesn't add to the mystery, by the way, the currents from the area they think it went down in end up there.

I know, that they called off the search. I don’t know if I read that they had searched in that area. Wouldn’t it be prudent for them to have search that area?

Where did you find out that parts of the plane washed up on African Shores? I would like to read about that. 

1 hour ago, seanjo said:

Not so sure about that, it could have been a fire.

But nefarious activity is probably favourite.

I think it  was the link I had shared here. But the one article that was talking about the parts washed up on shore, some  of the parts look like they had singed are burn marks. 

2 hours ago, L.A.T.1961 said:

It seems certain that MH370's disappearance was caused by criminal activity of one sort or another. So not an issue with the aircraft design or maintenance. My worry now would be flying to that part of the world, it's not hard to come to the conclusion that Malaysian ATC is not able to cope with high stress/ unusual situations.    

And in one of the articles I was reading, it was discussed that maybe the pilot was suicidal. I’m not sure how reputable site is that I read the article from. 

4 hours ago, Merc14 said:

Very sad for the families who have gotten no closure on this tragedy.  

I have been constantly thinking about them and of them. My heart goes out to them. :(

Edited by Stubbly_Dooright
  • Thanks 1

Hey. That's a really nice photograph in the article.

The weirdest thing about it is that my initials are M.H., and I was 37 when the plane vanished. Therefore, it's all my fault, and I'm hiding the plane (and its passengers) in the crawlspace.

4 hours ago, seanjo said:
4 hours ago, Stubbly_Dooright said:

I know, that they called off the search. I don’t know if I read that they had searched in that area. Wouldn’t it be prudent for them to have search that area?

Where did you find out that parts of the plane washed up on African Shores? I would like to read about that. 

They have searched in the area, but it's a huge area.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/ng-interactive/2017/jan/17/missing-flight-mh370-a-visual-guide-to-the-parts-and-debris-found-so-far

Ahhhh, :yes:  

I have known how daunting the search was for them, and how big of areas to search for anything from the plane. Thanks for the link, though. Even though I have read from various sites and sources of what has been found and by home and from where, your link has more info in it. (It seems the parts come from one particular side of the plane.) 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, seanjo said:

A few things to note from the wreckage found, the parts recovered are buoyant, they have honeycomb structure or are plastic/ fiberglass.

Which I think makes sense. 

And also, I shouldn't even entertain the idea that the plane remaining totally in tact, that (and this is with my 'conspiracy theory' mindset playing out here. ;)  :wacko: ) or that it's undamaged, and everyone on it is still alive somewhere. :blink:  

Yeah, just saying. 

I shouldn't even entertain that thought. 

There are parts from the cabin, this means the fuselage broke up on impact, the heavy metallic parts and (still) attached lighter parts will have sunk to the bottom of the Ocean.

Yeah, I should have known. :blush:  Anyhow, looking at that link you provided, as I have mentioned before, it looks like all the pieces that have been found and considered most likely from the plane, looked like they all came from one particular side of the plane. (And disclaimer: I'm not an expert in this, and I'm surmising in such an amateur way) but I wonder if one side of the plane it the water first, breaking up the parts that have been first, and then the rest crashed and sank. 

I'm considering what I have read about some who claim to have seen a nose diving burning plane flying low, (from what I remembering reading in such articles about the missing plane.) 

A lack of bodies is no mystery, they either went down with the wreckage and/or have been consumed by sea creatures.

Which makes me wonder, that most of the jet stayed in tact and everyone inside sank with it because they were trapped. (amateur surmising again............... sorry) And considering when the Titanic was found, and the reasoning why there were no remains with it, (in some areas boots and shoes found around the area ) of the landing site of Titanic. 

Yeah, to me, a plausible consideration of that. 

8 hours ago, Stubbly_Dooright said:

Which I think makes sense. 

And also, I shouldn't even entertain the idea that the plane remaining totally in tact, that (and this is with my 'conspiracy theory' mindset playing out here. ;)  :wacko: ) or that it's undamaged, and everyone on it is still alive somewhere. :blink:  

Yeah, just saying. 

I would think there is very little chance that the aircraft is still in one piece. 

What stands out to me is the amount of energy that was exerted to take the plane out over the deep ocean and well away from land. It suggests that, for whatever reason, it was important to do this and the main objective. What can you do once out of radar contact and over the sea that was impossible earlier in the flight ? 

If the pilot had been suicidal he could have crashed at the first opportunity after take off.   

7 hours ago, Goddess of the Mist said:

This is what stands out to me, too - the way the plane changed course so significantly.  It's weird and doesn't really go along with the pilot being suicidal theory (like you said).  I thought the Malaysian government handled things a little strangely as well.  Not pointing to anything specifically, just certain videos I've seen and things I've read...

Can I ask what you think it goes along with, especially given that the same course cha\nge was on his, the pilot's, home computer flight simulator?  https://www.cnn.com/2016/07/28/asia/mh370-pilot-flight-simulator/index.html

Edited by Merc14

• 7 months later...

Some news...

"Malaysian authorities have confirmed plane debris washed up on a beach in Madagascar is 'most likely' from doomed Malaysia Airlines flight MH370.

The five pieces of debris were handed over to government officials at the Malaysian Ministry of Transport's headquarters in Putrajaya in late November.

Relatives of the MH370 victims presented the debris, which was found at Sandravinany, south Madagascar, about three months earlier.

Full report: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6563611/Plane-debris-washed-beach-Madagascar-likely-came-MH370.html"

Elsewhere: https://thewest.com.au/news/aviation/malaysia-confirms-aircraft-debris-off-madagascar-is-likely-from-mh370-ng-b881066516z

• Thanks 2

5 hours ago, Eldorado said:

Some news...

"Malaysian authorities have confirmed plane debris washed up on a beach in Madagascar is 'most likely' from doomed Malaysia Airlines flight MH370.

The five pieces of debris were handed over to government officials at the Malaysian Ministry of Transport's headquarters in Putrajaya in late November.

Relatives of the MH370 victims presented the debris, which was found at Sandravinany, south Madagascar, about three months earlier.

Full report: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6563611/Plane-debris-washed-beach-Madagascar-likely-came-MH370.html"

Elsewhere: https://thewest.com.au/news/aviation/malaysia-confirms-aircraft-debris-off-madagascar-is-likely-from-mh370-ng-b881066516z

Thanks for the links, and this is interesting - "Mr Gibson said that “locals tell me there are many more pieces of debris washed up but it needs to Malaysia to offer rewards.

• Like 1

Was it officially confirmed that the flight path changes were programmed into the pilots simulator? I know it was rumoured but was it officially announced? 

If so there is little mystery left.