Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Roseanne cancelled after racist Twitter rampa

ExpandMyMind

Anyone else see that? She's lost the plot.

She claims to have revived the show to show people that not all Trump supporters are racist bigots (clearly they are not), then proceeds to get fired for making racist bigoted comments on Twitter. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I'm glad that ABC decided not to put up with what Roseanne tweeted.

The situation is unfortunate in a number of ways.  The actors and actresses on the show, such as John Goodman, were making a career comeback because of the success that the new episodes had.

It's also unfortunate for me because I liked the show and wanted to see more new episodes.

And it's unfortunate because making racist comments is just plain lousy!

• Like 7

People need to stop being so sensitive. What is usually touted as "racism" nowadays is often nothing more than refusing to bow the knee at the altar of political correctness. Last time I checked, the United States still allows for Freedom of Speech.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

I suppose I COULD google this.. but... if the thread-starter can't be bothered to supply a link, then I guess I can't be bothered either :) 

• Like 1

300 people working to produce that show are now out of work because of that tweet.

• Like 6

21 minutes ago, MainerMikeBrown said:

I'm glad that ABC decided not to put up with what Roseanne tweeted.

The situation is unfortunate in a number of ways.  The actors and actresses on the show, such as John Goodman, were making a career comeback because of the success that the new episodes had.

It's also unfortunate for me because I liked the show and wanted to see more new episodes.

And it's unfortunate because making racist comments is just plain lousy!

Don't know about the others but Goodman and Gilbert have been working off and on pretty well since the first show ended. Seems to me roseanne's the one that needed a career boost. What was the last thing she was in, that animated cow movie?

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, .ZZ. said:

300 people working to produce that show are now out of work because of that tweet.

It takes 300 people to make that show ? 

19 minutes ago, .ZZ. said:

I disagree.  300 people working to produce that show are now unemployed because of the hateful double standard associated with the Left.  I don't recall anyone even being inconvenienced when Pence's family was subjected to a scornful lecture during the performance of HAMILTON.  It's what they are and when they get some of their own back, they whine and lash out like the spoiled children they are.

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

2 minutes ago, and then said:

I disagree.  300 people working to produce that show are now unemployed because of the hateful double standard associated with the Left.  I don't recall anyone even being inconvenienced when Pence's family was subjected to a scornful lecture during the performance of HAMILTON.  It's what they are and when they get some of their own back, they whine and lash out like the spoiled children they are.

I agree to some extent,but Roseanne had to have known how that comment was going to go down...

I really liked the show,the old version and the reboot but "tweeting" has got to be one of the dumbest "inventions" ever and if one partakes in it they need to have a excuse/apology "tweet" to follow every tweet :lol:

That said i find Jarrett to be a disgusting human being who should be under "special investigation" herself along with many of her former cronies...i don't give a damn what color she is!

My 2 cents...

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, and then said:

Unfortunately the Left has a near monopoly over the entertainment industry. This used to be the situation with the news media, but with the advent of talk radio and the internet there is a more or less balanced coverage.

Edited by Lord Harry
  • Like 1

38 minutes ago, RoofGardener said:

I suppose I COULD google this.. but... if the thread-starter can't be bothered to supply a link, then I guess I can't be bothered either :) 

Apologies. I didn't think it so much a news story, rather just a statement of what happened. Not much more to it than what I put in the OP.

Edited by ExpandMyMind
  • Like 2

I was unfamiliar with the content of the Twitter posting. However, given the history of the left making a mountain out of an ant hill when it comes to perceived insults against minorities, my skepticism was understandable.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Lord Harry said:

I am unfamiliar with the Twitter posting. However, given the history of the left making a mountain out of an ant hill when it comes to perceived insults against minorities, my skepticism is understandable.

Yeah, this isn't that. This is indefensible.

• Like 3

With rights come responsibilities, like the responsibility to treat all persons with respect. Ms. Barr was not prevented from making her remarks, she had and has freedom of speech. There are, however, consequences for behaving irresponsibly.

• Like 6

34 minutes ago, RoofGardener said:

It takes 300 people to make that show ? 

Actors in minor roles.

Production assistants.

Costumers.

Makeup artists.

Editors.

Sound techs.

Caterers.

Drivers.

• Like 2

She's always been known for having a 'big' runaway mouth. She only apologised later as to save her own hide. It doesn't matter about her insincere apology, as she said what she said which simply spoke volumes of her true character. It serves her right that her show was canned. 

• Like 8

What a surprise to see all the people in here trying to defend and deflect the outright indefensible.

giphy.gif

Shocker!!

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Aquila King said:

What a surprise to see all the people in here trying to defend and deflect the outright indefensible.

giphy.gif

Shocker!!

Come on AK..."all the people here defending and deflecting"...i think 2 people defended her right to say something stupid,which she did and immediately paid for.

And her calling Jarrett that is hardly attacking all black people lol

Tyler Perry has made over a billion dollars portraying over the top stereotypes for over a decade and non blink an eye...sometimes reality is stranger than fiction.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Daughter of the Nine Moons said:

I'm a little confused ABC had by May 2nd already decided not to renew for a second season.

https://screenrant.com/roseanne-revival-ratings-low/

This is the second time i've got to correct someone on this exact link lmao

In your link it states that it was still the second highest rated show right behind a 2 parter of NCIS who was losing a long running character...

It specifically states it's still high ratings and that ABC was "unlikely" regretting its decision to renew the series...

No by May 2nd they had done no such thing ;)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Well, yes. In the sense the government can't control it. Doesn't mean you won't get repercussions from what you say.

You're perfectly able to, for example, call your boss a ****, you'll still get fired. 

• Like 4

22 minutes ago, kmt_sesh said:

Rosanne has free speech the same as anyone else. She has the right to exercise free speech, and she did. But what a lot of the "media darlings" never seem to realize is that saying something might bring consequences. You can say whatever you want, but it might come back to bite you in the butt. ABC is a business, and it has a right to protect its brand. That's not right, that's not left, it's simple reality. Just as Rosanne, if someone in a corporate office spews out some ignorant racist crap, that person is likely to be fired.

I've never been particularly fond of Rosanne. It has nothing to do with her politics. I'm quite conservative, but that doesn't mean I'd ever condone racism. I've always just found her crass and annoying.

I loved Rosanne growing up, deeply disliked Rosanne Barr. 

• Like 2