Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Roseanne cancelled after racist Twitter rampa

ExpandMyMind

11 hours ago, Lord Harry said:

I agree that referring to a black woman as an "ape" is distasteful. However, there still is the right to free speech in this country.

Absolutely. And no one's coming to arrest her.

That said...ABC is owned by Disney. 

Disney.

It's not surprising that they would step away. 

• Like 2

IMO Ms Barr absolutely deserved to have her show cancelled after that disgusting racist display. There are a few others who I also feel should have had their shows cancelled as well. When Colbert called Trump 'Putin's *penis* holster' I'd have booted him for that nasty homophobic remark as well. Start cancelling the shows of these 'comedians'  when they spew disgusting unacceptable remarks and society will be the better for their absence. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Why is Maher still on TV?  Let me guess....

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, susieice said:

Roseanne is blaming Ambien for the tweet and says her co-stars threw her under the bus.

https://abcnews.go.com/US/roseanne-blames-ambien-racist-tweet-blasts-cast-members/story?id=55527269

Wanda Sykes "was" a cast member of her reboot.

What about this Wanda?

• Like 2

5 hours ago, .ZZ. said:

What about this Wanda?

Let's see, from 2017 before the reboot. And her career is... Not fantastic. 

And while she may have been on the cast, her name wasn't the name of the show, nor was she it's face. 

7 hours ago, .ZZ. said:

Why is Maher still on TV?  Let me guess....

Did Mr Maher actually put those two photos up during his show? If so, then he too needs to have his show cancelled. 

• Like 2

20 hours ago, ExpandMyMind said:

Anyone else see that? She's lost the plot.

She claims to have revived the show to show people that not all Trump supporters are racist bigots (clearly they are not), then proceeds to get fired for making racist bigoted comments on Twitter. 

The strange thing I thought was that she states that she  thought the person was white who she made that remark about. Roseann reloaded  was only suppose to be a few episodes never was suppose to keep going on anyway. I have a feeling that the show was ending shortly before the remark. But I don't know if this will maybe bring attention to how so many Americans are drugged up on prescription meds? Is she going to bring that out ? The last episode I watched of it was about her being addicted to pills. 

We need to keep in mind that 90 to 100 years ago racism was rampant...that doesn't mean it should be tolerated by anyone today. No person or group of people should ever be subjected to racism. 

That said, we might want to keep in mind the lesson in the Hunger Games book series. For those who haven't read the books or seen the movies I will give a quick explanation. In a dystopian future a small group of wealthy overlords control society by placing the children of the poor masses into an arena where they must kill one another (or be killed) . The masses rebel using a young female survivor/winner (named Katniss) as a rallying point. Once the rebels have won control their leader (Ms Coin) states that they will now be placing the children of elite into the arena as a form of retribution and the leader of the ruling elites will be killed. Now Katniss is supposed to shoot the leader of the elites (President Snow) but instead she shoots the rebel leader. She does this because the very same form of evil was going to be carried on by Ms Coin. There lies the lesson...no child or group of children should ever be subjected to such treatment. 

Now, apply this to the evil of racism: No person or group of people should ever be subjected to racism...it doesn't matter what your race is or what others of your race may have done in the past all racism needs to stop...period. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Lilly said:

Did Mr Maher actually put those two photos up during his show? If so, then he too needs to have his show cancelled. 

I think President Trump is a  handsome man however 

Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) files obtained by Judicial Watch reveal that the dad, maternal grandpa and father-in-law of President Obama’s trusted senior advisor, Valerie Jarrett, were hardcore Communists under investigation by the U.S. government.

https://www.judicialwatch.org/blog/2015/06/communism-in-jarretts-family/

5 hours ago, .ZZ. said:

What about this Wanda?

We didn't steal America we fought long and hard for this Country  so what is she even talking about? 

Uh...I don't care if Ms Jarret is a card carrying Marxist...that doesn't give anyone the right to insult her race. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Lilly said:

Uh...I don't care if Ms Jarret is a card carrying Marxist...that doesn't give anyone the right to insult her race. 

I care if she's one. I'll be honest I'm not going to lose sleep over what Roseann said when the individuals involved in transforming America cared nothing about Americans. Doesn't mean I agree with racist remarks. The last administration played their share of the race game. Big deal Roseann made a joke, she's a comedian and... it was funny. lol

ETA Roseann  said she thought VJ  was a white woman, really, she said that she thought she was white. Is that true? I don't know? So should that make a difference? 

Edited by Ellapennella

*sigh* Just because other nations tolerate racism doesn't mean we should tolerate racism. 

And racism isn't funny, it serves to marginalize entire groups of our fellow humans...it's bad for everyone. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Ellapennella said:

I think President Trump is a  handsome man however 

Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) files obtained by Judicial Watch reveal that the dad, maternal grandpa and father-in-law of President Obama’s trusted senior advisor, Valerie Jarrett, were hardcore Communists under investigation by the U.S. government.

https://www.judicialwatch.org/blog/2015/06/communism-in-jarretts-family/

Wasn't Mcarthyism a black enough spot on America's history not to return to? 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Lilly said:

*sigh* Just because other nations tolerate racism doesn't mean we should tolerate racism. 

ETA Roseann  said she thought VJ  was a white woman, really, she said that she thought she was white. Is that true? I don't know? So should that make a difference? 

2 minutes ago, ShadowSot said:

Wasn't Mcarthyism a black enough spot on America's history not to return to? 

If you think that some people are not communist at heart  in  America you're only fooling yourself. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Lilly said:

And racism isn't funny, it serves to marginalize entire groups of our fellow humans...it's bad for everyone. 

Oh *sigh* you probably think I'm insensitive about this , do you?

I think it was funny not because of what color anyone is but because of a few things like the one character that resembles her  and because she probably thought well the planet of apes were communist too ( the original one) . I didn't see race involved that made it funny the MB is not even a race and well she thought that she was a white woman anyway. 

4 minutes ago, Ellapennella said:

If you think that some people are not communist at heart  in  America you're only fooling yourself. 

Well yes. There used to be a Communist party. Still is, even. 

And there were spies and agent provocateurs. McCarthy set fire to the ship to catch them, few that they were. And the ship is still burning these many years later. 

3 hours ago, Ellapennella said:

Oh *sigh* you probably think I'm insensitive about this , do you?

I think it was funny not because of what color anyone is but because of a few things like the one character that resembles her  and because she probably thought well the planet of apes were communist too ( the original one) . I didn't see race involved that made it funny the MB is not even a race and well she thought that she was a white woman anyway. 

Kind of a weak defense. "When I was commenting on her appearance, I wasn't aware of her appearance.

I will admit though, Ms Jarrett doesn't look classically African American (to me anyway). But comparing anyone to an ape is IMO extremely insulting. I didn't like Mr Maher comparing Trump to an ape either. 

I googled Ms Jarrett, her ancestry is African American, French, Scottish and Native American. 

• Like 1

How about this, you just don't compare the President of the United States to an ape (even if you hate them). It's disrespectful to the office. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Lilly said:

Yea, he did a whole bit on it, but it contains profanities and I can't link to the video.

An example of the double standard we see today.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Lilly said:

How about this, you just don't compare the President of the United States to an ape (even if you hate them). It's disrespectful to the office. 

Trump being in the office is disrespectful to the office IMO, and as an anti-political correctness free speech advocate as so many conservatives at least claim to be, I wonder why you even care?

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Lilly said:

Mocking presidents in caricature and political writing has a proud and long tradition. It's one of the things setting us apart from a monarchy. 

• Like 3