Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Roseanne cancelled after racist Twitter rampa

ExpandMyMind

49 minutes ago, Aquila King said:

Trump being in the office is disrespectful to the office IMO, and as an anti-political correctness free speech advocate as so many conservatives at least claim to be, I wonder why you even care?

And all this just reaffirms my belief that anti-political correctness free speech is only good for the person who is using it for their own purpose. Anything goes as long as it's us. Anyone else's is wrong. This is a non-point as long as anyone acts like this.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Ellapennella said:

The strange thing I thought was that she states that she  thought the person was white who she made that remark about. Roseann reloaded  was only suppose to be a few episodes never was suppose to keep going on anyway. I have a feeling that the show was ending shortly before the remark. But I don't know if this will maybe bring attention to how so many Americans are drugged up on prescription meds? Is she going to bring that out ? The last episode I watched of it was about her being addicted to pills. 

I knew that VJ was Iranian American but had no idea she was part black.  It doesn't excuse the rude remark but I'm wondering why no one on the Left cares to see the hypocrisy.  Had Roseanne not been a Trump supporter, who cares to guess whether this same reaction would have happened?  I think she'd have been given hell for awhile but the show would have been safe.  Let's face it, NOTHING in this country today is outside politics.  

• Like 1

Just now, and then said:

I knew that VJ was Iranian American but had no idea she was part black.  It doesn't excuse the rude remark but I'm wondering why no one on the Left cares to see the hypocrisy.  Had Roseanne not been a Trump supporter, who cares to guess whether this same reaction would have happened?  I think she'd have been given hell for awhile but the show would have been safe.  Let's face it, NOTHING in this country today is outside politics.  

Pretty sure Disney wouldn't want that on their brand. 

• Like 2

17 hours ago, CrimsonKing said:

Well i've been pulled over,had a gun drawn on me,slammed down on the back of a police car and handcuffed...yet did nothing wrong!

I've also seen black folks ahead of me in license checks and somehow they made it through without being beaten into bloody stumps...

Everybody has their experiences i suppose ;)

Did you have an Auburn decal on the vehicle?  :w00t:   JK...nothin' but love...

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, susieice said:

And all this just reaffirms my belief that anti-political correctness free speech is only good for the person who is using it for their own purpose. Anything goes as long as it's us. Anyone else's is wrong. This is a non-point as long as anyone acts like this.

Same people who criticized Kathy Griffin so badly also were sharing pictures of Obama being lynched in effigy a few months before. 

It's to the credit of many folks on the left they criticized her as harshly and it cost her. 

• Like 3

Let's face it, NOTHING in this country today is outside politics.  

Nothing in this country today is outside hypocrisy. 

• Thanks 2

2 hours ago, ShadowSot said:

Kind of a weak defense. "When I was commenting on her appearance, I wasn't aware of her appearance.

Oh she was aware of her appearance  that's why she made the comment, It was  her ethnicity in being a portion of this and of that, that she wasn't aware of. 

2 minutes ago, susieice said:

Let's face it, NOTHING in this country today is outside politics.  

Nothing in this country today is outside hypocrisy. 

Truthfully it never really was, we just didn't see as much of the sausage making before. 

Trump's tariffs caused such a freeze in buying it nearly caused the factory I was working at to be shut down. 

Didn't used to be you could see the direct tail effects but now we can. 

4 minutes ago, Ellapennella said:

Oh she was aware of her appearance  that's why she made the comment, It was  her ethnicity in being a portion of this and of that, that she wasn't aware of. 

All deference aside to Lilly, she looks like an older black woman. Maybe at a stretch middle eastern. Not buying she thought she was white, or her other defense that she was hyped up on sleeping drugs. 

1 minute ago, Ellapennella said:

Whoa she seriously should just deport herself out of the country,she said she was going to leave if Donald Trump won. She's so disgusting on every level of grossness. 

The shirts photoshoped Ella. 

And a Lotta folks said they'd leave the country if Obama won or gay marriage was passed. Also still here. 

(Absolutely pulled something laughing when the anti gay marriage folks wanted to move to Canada.) 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ShadowSot said:

The shirts photoshoped Ella. 

And a Lotta folks said they'd leave the country if Obama won or gay marriage was passed. Also still here. 

(Absolutely pulled something laughing when the anti gay marriage folks wanted to move to Canada.) 

President Trump is a good American President and it's not because of his race or color. It wouldn't surprise me if the shirt wasn't Photoshoped and if she really did own one. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Ellapennella said:

President Trump is a good American President and it's not because of his race or color. It wouldn't surprise me if the shirt wasn't Photoshoped and if she really did own one. 

And that's the problem right there. The shirt is fake, but you've decided it's true anyway. 

How'd you feel about all those mock Obama lynching, Ella? Good? 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, and then said:

I don't  really know if she's all that much of a Trump supporter. But yeah the hypocrisy is astounding. She must of knew that she'd be jeopardizing the show with that remark, that's liberal land she's swimming in. She knows better which makes me wonder why did she really do it?  

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, ShadowSot said:

And that's the problem right there. The shirt is fake, but you've decided it's true anyway. 

How'd you feel about all those mock Obama lynching, Ella? Good? 

That's because she has nothing but hate coming out of her mouth on the view everyday. That's the problem.

ETA

I don't know about those things that you mentioned. How do you explain this? They tried to blame it on Trump when it happened in 2014.

https://qz.com/1291470/photos-immigrant-children-detained-at-the-placement-center-in-2014/

Edited by Ellapennella
  • Like 1

And yet Bill Maher is still on the air.

Celebrity apologies—increasingly frequent in our era of Internet-driven accountability—are always an awkward ritual. But the most graceless kind might be the apologies based on a spectacle of racial catharsis, in which a white penitent is guided by a black person through a process of self-reflection or self-reproach. Take, for instance, the famously stilted Beer Summit, of 2009, a détente, mediated by President Obama, between Henry Louis Gates, Jr., and the police officer who had arrested him as he was entering his Cambridge home. Or, more recently, consider Katy Perry’s conversation with the popular activist DeRay McKesson, during her weekend-long live-stream, about her track record of viewing other cultures as costumes that can be put on and slipped off. “I listened and I heard and I didn’t know,” she said. Their talk felt laudable and silly in equal measure.

cont...

https://www.newyorker.com/culture/culture-desk/bill-mahers-weird-effortful-apology-for-saying-the-n-word

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Ellapennella said:

I don't  really know if she's all that much of a Trump supporter. But yeah the hypocrisy is astounding. She must of knew that she'd be jeopardizing the show with that remark, that's liberal land she's swimming in. She knows better which makes me wonder why did she really do it?  

You mean like liberal Kathy Griffin who lost her work? Doesn't seem to be very impartial. Definitely took a bigger hit than those who hung a US president in effigy. 

Just now, ShadowSot said:

You mean like liberal Kathy Griffin who lost her work? Doesn't seem to be very impartial. Definitely took a bigger hit than those who hung a US president in effigy. 

Who are these people you keep bringing up?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Michelle said:

And yet Bill Maher is still on the air.

Celebrity apologies—increasingly frequent in our era of Internet-driven accountability—are always an awkward ritual. But the most graceless kind might be the apologies based on a spectacle of racial catharsis, in which a white penitent is guided by a black person through a process of self-reflection or self-reproach. Take, for instance, the famously stilted Beer Summit, of 2009, a détente, mediated by President Obama, between Henry Louis Gates, Jr., and the police officer who had arrested him as he was entering his Cambridge home. Or, more recently, consider Katy Perry’s conversation with the popular activist DeRay McKesson, during her weekend-long live-stream, about her track record of viewing other cultures as costumes that can be put on and slipped off. “I listened and I heard and I didn’t know,” she said. Their talk felt laudable and silly in equal measure.

cont...

https://www.newyorker.com/culture/culture-desk/bill-mahers-weird-effortful-apology-for-saying-the-n-word

HBO features among other programming, soft*spam filter* and a series that regularly displays rape. ABC is owned by Disney and has a much more stringent policy. Mahr is also a shock jock, it's sort of his shtick. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, ShadowSot said:

HBO features among other programming, soft*spam filter* and a series that regularly displays rape. ABC is owned by Disney and has a much more stringent policy. Mahr is also a shock jock, it's sort of his shtick. 

Roseanne always has been too.

The Most Controversial Comedians of All Time

http://www.complex.com/pop-culture/the-most-controversial-comedians-of-all-time/

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Michelle said:

Who are these people you keep bringing up?

For example we have Ted Nugent who on stage threatened to kill Obama and Hillary. 

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/ted-nugent-threatens-to-kill-barack-obama-and-hillary-clinton-during-vicious-onstage-rant-20070824

There's the church that hung Obama in effigy https://praisecharlotte.com/541876/541876/

I'm literally spoiled for choices, including compilation videos. Thing is, they weren't made as much a deal of. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Michelle said:

Roseanne always has been too.

The Most Controversial Comedians of All Time

http://www.complex.com/pop-culture/the-most-controversial-comedians-of-all-time/

Yes. And this time she did it while working under Disney. Disney has a brand image of being squeaky clean. 

Granted Twitter wasn't a thing, but George Carlin new to keep his behavior in check when playing the conductor on Thomas the Tank Engine. 

Thread cleaned

This should be go without saying, but please do not post or repeat racist or otherwise offensive comments/material.

Thank you.

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, ShadowSot said:

Truthfully it never really was, we just didn't see as much of the sausage making before. 

Trump's tariffs caused such a freeze in buying it nearly caused the factory I was working at to be shut down. 

Didn't used to be you could see the direct tail effects but now we can. 

Why is everything wrong only Trump's fault? Because someone else has to be infallible? No one's been a dictator for decades.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, ShadowSot said:

Yes. And this time she did it while working under Disney. Disney has a brand image of being squeaky clean. 

SNL isn't what I would call squeaky clean.

• Like 3

Just now, Michelle said:

SNL isn't what I would call squeaky clean.

Not exactly, but that shows been heavily defanged. I am pretty sure Disney draws a line when it comes to comparing a black person to an ape. 

Sorry, she thought she was white because she was on sleep aids. 

And while SNL isn't squeaky clean, it's not really on the level of HBO programming. Unless they have done a segment featuring old wrinkly mens testicles. I djnt watch TV much anymore.