Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Roseanne cancelled after racist Twitter rampa

ExpandMyMind

3 minutes ago, ShadowSot said:

99% of memes are 99% horse hockey, according to stats I just made up. 

Equines don't play hockey. It's 'horse pucky' that you're thinking of..

Sorry for the pedantic mood.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

13 hours ago, susieice said:

Roseanne is blaming Ambien for the tweet and says her co-stars threw her under the bus.

https://abcnews.go.com/US/roseanne-blames-ambien-racist-tweet-blasts-cast-members/story?id=55527269

Lol...yeah...she's normally a paragon of restraint. 

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Likely Guy said:

Equines don't play hockey. It's 'horse pucky' that you're thinking of..

Sorry for the pedantic mood.

Both are correct, in fact. But I thought they trained horses in Canada to play hockey. Or is that camels?

• Haha 2

Just now, Likely Guy said:

You're right...

Stupid ignoramus language. :angry:

In your defense, I'm an American Southerner and you're... Somewhere else. Probably a commie. 

Do you think we Floridians have ever actually seen hockey? For all we know the luck really is just frozen horse poop. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, kmt_sesh said:

Both are correct, in fact. But I thought they trained horses in Canada to play hockey. Or is that camels?

Camelot polo.

4 minutes ago, ShadowSot said:

In your defense, I'm an American Southerner and you're... Somewhere else. Probably a commie. 

Do you think we Floridians have ever actually seen hockey? For all we know the luck really is just frozen horse poop. 

That's  pucky.

You won more Stanleys than we have recently.image.thumb.png.921bef691289f1ea29ae34c94c28e678.png

3 minutes ago, Likely Guy said:

Camelot polo.

That's  pucky.

You won more Stanleys than we have recently.image.thumb.png.921bef691289f1ea29ae34c94c28e678.png

No, it's horse hockey and bull pucky. 

And as a Floridian, Stanley who? 

1 minute ago, ShadowSot said:

No, it's horse hockey and bull pucky. 

<ZXXXXXXXXXXXXX

coffee on the keybokard

fug

59 minutes ago, .ZZ. said:

I posted it originally, found it on Twitter with no research.

No worries Z....our Vaunted,respected,beloved journalists do this aswell...

"Trump puts immigrant kids in cages!"...posted pics come from a previous administration lmao!

And the merry go round continues...

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, CrimsonKing said:

"Trump puts immigrant kids in cages!"...posted pics come from a previous administration lmao!

Yeah, I saw that and the less-than-sincere retraction.

ETA: I have a link but will not post it.

Edited by .ZZ.
  • Like 2

43 minutes ago, CrimsonKing said:

Yeahp, and part of that merry go round is that the previous admib was soft on immigrants, if you'll remember. 

And are handy for deflecting the number of missing kids due to a long chain between administrations. And following a esperate story where Trump laid the blame on one of his administration's programs on Obama. 

Which is why it's important to fact check before accepting a meme or post as true. 

Imagine, if Roseanne had shed still have a job. 

8 hours ago, CrimsonKing said:

Curt Schilling got canned without so much as a warning,

That's not true Amigo. Shilling had already been warned and suspended for offensive comments prior to the trans bathroom situation 

Curt Schilling Has Only Himself To Blame For Being Fired From ESPN

Schilling was suspended last August for an Islamophobic tweet showing a meme of Hitler and text questioning whether the Muslim religion, as a whole, is to blame for the work of radical extremists, such as ISIS.

Just now, ShadowSot said:

Yeahp, and part of that merry go round is that the previous admib was soft on immigrants, if you'll remember. 

And are handy for deflecting the number of missing kids due to a long chain between administrations. And following a esperate story where Trump laid the blame on one of his administration's programs on Obama. 

Which is why it's important to fact check before accepting a meme or post as true. 

Imagine, if Roseanne had shed still have a job. 

Wow dude...your REALLY digging for some deflective dirt now aren't ya?

Hell i defended OBAMA atleast a dozen times on here through the years,about assinine tales and conspiracies...

I don't remember you showing up to deflect blame off of Bush....well really ever..

I understand you are really trying to play the "non-partisan" game but your not doing a very good job of it...

Care to take it to another thread and talk about "other" people who have differences of opinions as levels of "smarts" again?...boy that really stagnated a convo for a few minutes :lol:

Just now, Farmer77 said:

That's not true Amigo. Shilling had already been warned and suspended for offensive comments prior to the trans bathroom situation 

Curt Schilling Has Only Himself To Blame For Being Fired From ESPN

Yep got it and so did Jemmelle...yet she was in line to be a head anchor with her own show,even after the first screw up...yet she couldn't shut her mouth and still had plans until ratings started dropping due to "cable cutting...

• Like 2

Just now, CrimsonKing said:

Yep got it and so did Jemmelle...yet she was in line to be a head anchor with her own show,even after the first screw up...yet she couldn't shut her mouth and still had plans until ratings started dropping due to "cable cutting...

IMO good on her . She was talking about something much more powerful than simple politics. The show however sucked regardless. 

After hearing that ESPN brought back Olberman I was glad I made the switch to FS1 though. That dude is just painfully obnoxious. 

1 minute ago, CrimsonKing said:

Wow dude...your REALLY digging for some deflective dirt now aren't ya?

Hell i defended OBAMA atleast a dozen times on here through the years,about assinine tales and conspiracies...

I don't remember you showing up to deflect blame off of Bush....well really ever..

I understand you are really trying to play the "non-partisan" game but your not doing a very good job of it...

Care to take it to another thread and talk about "other" people who have differences of opinions as levels of "smarts" again?...boy that really stagnated a convo for a few minutes :lol:

Yeahp. By pointing out that the missing kids are a result of a string of administration's failures I'm totes comping for Obama. While pointing out that Obamas admin was seen as soft on immigrants when these photos were from his admin doesn't strike me as particularly favorable to him. 

For the record, Kmt and others are the ones who talk about smarts. I'm an idiot. I expect better of people and that they can follow the next post in line before commenting. 

I am, flatly, an idiot. People who I genuinely feel are more competent than me should be able to finish read g before jumping to a rant about a faked image. 

My point is its a bit more tangled than a single issue. It's not one deflection but multiple points that have to be untangled. 

And as for deflecting blame off of Bush, I joined this forum in 2008, the year before Obama took office. 

There's not been a ton of recent news on Bush to talk about. 

The most would be a previous presidents comments on the succeeding administration. 

Which I tend to ignore because they're no longer in charge and it's just deflection. 

If you want to talk about Bush policies and hiring Obama took credit for, I'll admit it's been a a good many years now and I'd have to look them up again, apart from pulling out of Iraq in 2011. Bin Laden was Clinton's screw up and I don't blame Bush much for mishandling the after math of such a major attack on US soil. 

I'll be frank, I turned 18 during the 2006 election cycle, and abstained as I just frankly wasn't aware of anything. 

And finally, yeah. Check my posting history. My main forum is ancient Civ. I rarely pop into political threads, mainly because of certain posters. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, ShadowSot said:

Yeahp. By pointing out that the missing kids are a result of a string of administration's failures I'm totes comping for Obama. While pointing out that Obamas admin was seen as soft on immigrants when these photos were from his admin doesn't strike me as particularly favorable to him. 

For the record, Kmt and others are the ones who talk about smarts. I'm an idiot. I expect better of people and that they can follow the next post in line before commenting. 

I am, flatly, an idiot. People who I genuinely feel are more competent than me should be able to finish read g before jumping to a rant about a faked image. 

My point is its a bit more tangled than a single issue. It's not one deflection but multiple points that have to be untangled. 

And as for deflecting blame off of Bush, I joined this forum in 2008, the year before Obama took office. 

There's not been a ton of recent news on Bush to talk about. 

The most would be a previous presidents comments on the succeeding administration. 

Which I tend to ignore because they're no longer in charge and it's just deflection. 

If you want to talk about Bush policies and hiring Obama took credit for, I'll admit it's been a a good many years now and I'd have to look them up again, apart from pulling out of Iraq in 2011. Bin Laden was Clinton's screw up and I don't blame Bush much for mishandling the after math of such a major attack on US soil. 

I'll be frank, I turned 18 during the 2006 election cycle, and abstained as I just frankly wasn't aware of anything. 

And finally, yeah. Check my posting history. My main forum is ancient Civ. I rarely pop into political threads, mainly because of certain posters. 

Well dude i feel abit bad if ya felt like having to defend yourself from my post to that long of a post... :lol: i actually really do mean that,you seem a sensible guy but maybe it's just "everything politics ALWAYS" nowdays...

Excuse my rudeness if taken that way,but you joined in '08 and i joined in '13 and i still saw constant bs of blame Bush on here at that time...is what it is...

Hell i don't really give a damn about your posting history,again hell you are a likeable enough guy but popping over to other threads to discuss with a select few about "others who disagree with your stances" is pretty sad...

Hell as for "certain posters" i might only like 10% at most on this entire board!...and i promise you,very little has much if anything to do with political leanings!...hahaha most people think of themselves as great and wonderful,but they are really not unless you 100% agree with their stances!....i'm good like that,because i can see the good and bad within people,because i DON'T give a damn about where they STAND,but moreso where they have gone ;)

Edited by CrimsonKing

7 minutes ago, CrimsonKing said:

Excuse my rudeness if taken that way,but you joined in '08 and i joined in '13 and i still saw constant bs of blame Bush on here at that time...is what it is...

And everyone has their forum. Check how often I post to politics. Bush wasn't the devil and Obama wasn't the antiChrist. I have a thing against Bush as he about killed the factory I've been working at since I was seven with his steel policies,and those jobs never came back. 

10 minutes ago, CrimsonKing said:

Hell i don't really give a damn about your posting history,again hell you are a likeable enough guy but popping over to other threads to discuss with a select few about "others who disagree with your stances" is pretty sad...

It wasn't a stance. The image is fake.

The gripe is a general one I have with many posts on UM. Pops up in ancient Civ and others too. Read to the end of the post. Your answer is right there above yours. It ain't complicated, it ain't nuanced. There was a shark thread awhile back that was repeatedly bumped every few weeks by someone asking if the shark was a megalodon, when it was identified as a Greenland sleeper shark on the second post. Thread got to about 29 pages if I remember right. 

Its especially frustrating when I'm guilty of it too. It's a peeve of mine, as I generally try to make sure to read a thread in full before posting just avoid looking like a complete fool. I do that often enough as is. 

Peeves don't have to make sense, they do leave you ticked off when triggered. 

13 minutes ago, CrimsonKing said:

Hell as for "certain posters" i might only like 10% at most on this entire board!...and i promise you,very little has much if anything to do with political leanings!...hahaha most people think of themselves as great and wonderful,but they are really not unless you 100% agree with their stances!....i'm good like that,because i can see the good and bad within people,because i DON'T give a damn about where they STAND,but moreso

Great. In some instances I do care where people stand. In general, though, Im actually more in line h conservatives, though not by taken by this forum. And generally get on better with theists than atheists. 

Won't probably tell from these forums, but these forums are a bit more polarized these days.. Which is also why I generally don't discuss politics and religion here. Bars for one are more fun. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ShadowSot said:

And everyone has their forum. Check how often I post to politics. Bush wasn't the devil and Obama wasn't the antiChrist. I have a thing against Bush as he about killed the factory I've been working at since I was seven with his steel policies,and those jobs never came back. 

It wasn't a stance. The image is fake.

The gripe is a general one I have with many posts on UM. Pops up in ancient Civ and others too. Read to the end of the post. Your answer is right there above yours. It ain't complicated, it ain't nuanced. There was a shark thread awhile back that was repeatedly bumped every few weeks by someone asking if the shark was a megalodon, when it was identified as a Greenland sleeper shark on the second post. Thread got to about 29 pages if I remember right. 

Its especially frustrating when I'm guilty of it too. It's a peeve of mine, as I generally try to make sure to read a thread in full before posting just avoid looking like a complete fool. I do that often enough as is. 

Peeves don't have to make sense, they do leave you ticked off when triggered. 

Great. In some instances I do care where people stand. In general, though, Im actually more in line h conservatives, though not by taken by this forum. And generally get on better with theists than atheists. 

Won't probably tell from these forums, but these forums are a bit more polarized these days.. Which is also why I generally don't discuss politics and religion here. Bars for one are more fun. 

So we agree...people join together and agree with "agreement" even unto stupid s***?...turns into group approved "group" think?...and we as humans have a real problem with "group think"...

But VERY few will go against the grain,with fear of any type of rejection....Hell i saw AK (who is very staunch and detailed lol) in his beliefs,he challenged and spoke the truth on the status quo and had to deal with a complete (see,speak,hear no) from a complete PARTY pawn...that s*** was absolutely INSANE...

But honestly 90% of my posts on here are about sports,as for the TOPIC i liked the shows revival,it discussed and featured things many hollywood "darlings" try to sneak into shows and her show old version and new put center stage....she cut her own throat,over half the s*** discussed here has been SO FAR OFF TOPIC it's mind blowing...

Don't like my opinions or think they are "below" some kind of esteemed level of knowledge we can discuss that elsewhere...i've got the number;)

11 minutes ago, CrimsonKing said:

Don't like my opinions or think they are "below" some kind of esteemed level of knowledge we can discuss that elsewhere...i've got the number

Dude the gripe was that a person flew into a rage over a picture that was shown to be false in the very next post. 

I honestly don't see how that's an intelligence issue. Or even a stance. 

It is a pet peeve of mine when people do that, and I'm guilty of it myself. 

32 minutes ago, CrimsonKing said:

But honestly 90% of my posts on here are about sports,as for the TOPIC i liked the shows revival,it discussed and featured things many hollywood "darlings" try to sneak into shows and her show old version and new put center stage....

To be honest, love the original show, but never picked this one up. Don't watch much TV anymore. Not some sort of elites thing. Just don't.

Heard good things, but Bahr is sort of like Clarkson in some ways from Top Gear. Maybe it'll get picked up the same way, there's been a few channel hops lately. 

15 minutes ago, CrimsonKing said:

over half the s*** discussed here has been SO FAR OFF TOPIC it's mind blowing

Pretty standard once a thread goes over a page or two. 

18 minutes ago, CrimsonKing said:

• Like 1

Sometimes people get fired for making offensive comments, no politics needed. 

Entry 14

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

Sometimes people get fired for making offensive comments, no politics needed. 

Entry 14

Sorry dude,you missed the boat on your time out...

A lot of informed arguments with real world stats in civilized form were deleted...

Meh...hope your ass isn't offended you weren't here :rofl:

13 minutes ago, CrimsonKing said:

A lot of informed arguments with real world stats in civilized form were deleted...

Finding that hard to believe , i do wish I hadn't missed it. :lol:

Conservatives whining about being censored is right up there with the war on Christmas IMO, and this situation in particular is a fantastic example of "conservative" hypocrisy and their victim mentality. 

Its hypocrisy because "the free market will dictate" is the conservative go to answer to avoid regulations they might not like. In this case a corporation (a massively successful one) has decided that the hit they will take in the market for keeping her around isn't worth the gains they will make through ratings. Instead of recognizing this as being a function of the free market , the victim mentality kicks in and its a "vast left wing conspiracy" to silence their views .  (which BTW I have to ask is this really the issue to make that stand on?) 

Hey its kind of hard to blame them, its obviously worked on a certain level, hell I even posted a study a while back concluding it was basically fear which got Trump elected in the first place. However it is what it is, and what it is is exactly what they bash the other side for doing being sensitive "snowflakes" and having a "victim mentality" . 

Edited by Farmer77
  • Haha 1

29 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

Finding that hard to believe , i do wish I hadn't missed it. :lol:

Conservatives whining about being censored is right up there with the war on Christmas IMO, and this situation in particular is a fantastic example of "conservative" hypocrisy and their victim mentality. 

Its hypocrisy because "the free market will dictate" is the conservative go to answer to avoid regulations they might not like. In this case a corporation (a massively successful one) has decided that the hit they will take in the market for keeping her around isn't worth the gains they will make through ratings. Instead of recognizing this as being a function of the free market , the victim mentality kicks in and its a "vast left wing conspiracy" to silence their views .  (which BTW I have to ask is this really the issue to make that stand on?) 

Hey its kind of hard to blame them, its obviously worked on a certain level, hell I even posted a study a while back concluding it was basically fear which got Trump elected in the first place. However it is what it is, and what it is is exactly what they bash the other side for doing being sensitive "snowflakes" and having a "victim mentality" . 

I remember the times when YOU said **** parties...

You were a completely different person a year and a half ago,a shame our beautiful leaders aren't like that...oh wait :mellow: