Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Telepathy ??!

Relam

On 7/20/2018 at 6:11 PM, ouija ouija said:

Firstly, could I refer you back to post #67 on the previous page where I asked you some questions. Do you have answers?

I thought that you pretty much summarised what those answers would be, by this comment you made right at the end, namely:

I know it would be impossible to test/prove.

Why would it be impossible to prove IF it actually existed and was a genuine effect, ie one not explainable by empathy/intuition/coincidence/trickery/false memories/cold-/warm- reading/self delusion/ etc?

But as you seem to need specifics:

^ ^ How will these devices help record telepathic incidences?

In exactly the same way as they help to prove/disprove court cases, observations, claims, scientific theories, etc..  There are any number of ways, including providing dates and times to check the sequence of events being claimed, etc.the dates/times for sequential information, or even just providing a video to help evidence a claim of telepathy - you haven't seen such stuff on Youtube?

^ ^ How do you make the mental leap from 'Telepathic incidences can't be recorded' to 'It's quite reasonable to dismiss unsupported anecdotes etc.'?

Duh.  The telepathy claims are indeed just anecdotes.  Any decent scientific studies on same show little or no significant effect.  Nothing concrete to offer?  Then don't complain about it being dismissed.

^ ^ As with all things, there is a positive and a negative side to it.

You don't think the positives might outweigh the negatives? - would you not concede that most of the anecdotes and claims are positive? 

^ ^ I don't agree {that there are not examples being studied properly and showing positive results}, but wonder who you think these 'reputable organisations' would be and how they would go about 'studying' telepathy? Why do you imagine it is something people can be trained to do when it so obviously isn't?

WHY is it 'obvious'?  To give an actual example of those 'studies', they wouldn't be the "Institute of Noetic Sciences", which is a subject for another thread but suffice to say it is an organisation of paranormal enthusiasts who can't get their work published elsewhere - as essentially their studies don't pass even basic scrutiny.

^ ^ Well, I know it really exists and precisely because I have experienced it myself many times, I know it would be impossible to test/prove.

As someone who is very familiar with both the claims, and also how the scientific method works, let me say.. Hogwash.  Only impossible if it doesn't exist.

...and you repeated this silly 'impossible to prove' lament here -

On 7/20/2018 at 6:11 PM, ouija ouija said:

Secondly, you have absolutely hit the nail on the head in your post that I have quoted above! I cannot prove that my experiences were real ....... and you and others cannot prove that they weren't real! :w00t: And so, in any discussion of telepathy, premonitions etc. we will always go round and round in circles, endlessly repeating ourselves.

(I notice the OP has disappeared without trace!)  

You're right we cannot prove that something that doesn't exist, doesn't exist.  All we can do is ask for any evidence whatsoever that it does.  And then, amid the silence, ask why, if it is a 'thing', it vanishes as soon as you try to test it....

And yes, as if to prove my point, the OP, like all similar claimants has now been removed by the MIB realised they have no evidence, that nobody else does either, and that them annoying sciencey types are right.  If it exists, it would be easy to test.  So, what did they do?  They also VANISHED.  Just like anything that doesn't exist........

• Like 1

On 7/20/2018 at 10:11 AM, ChrLzs said:

Here's my suggestion on just one preliminary way you could test it...  Give a piece of paper that has, say a random word or 4-digit number on it, to the 'transmitter'.  They need to be out of sight/sound of the 'receiver'.  You can probably guess the rest, and the sort of simple controls that could be used.

Tell me, you don't think this sort of test has been done before? 

Looolls STONE AGE EXPERIMENTS , Entertainment Fodder for the Likes of YOU to Dismiss ... Tell ME, who runs the Tests and then Who does it go through to be REVIEWED before its allowed to be RELEASED... And what has been, Edited,Deleted or Exaggerated, for Creative Purposes ... And you are of the Science Worshippers... Who are all about Data, and Math, and Logic, and PHYSICAL MATERIAL tangible solidity .. AND YET, they also KNOW about Energy and Gasses and Transmutation from One SOLID FORM TO ANOTHER,. Like Water to Steam, Yet DENY DISMISS RIDICULE Mind Power .. Idiots ..

• Like 3

On 7/22/2018 at 10:48 PM, ChrLzs said:

Why would it be impossible to prove IF it actually existed 

Uhhhhmmm, Weeeell for One... Fully Filled Scientific Minds Like YOURS, and there are Plenty of YOU Uniformity Scientific Servants of the Mind Slavery ..:lol:

And Second, How do the SET MINDS in Your Field, set up the Experiments of this Phenomenon, Hmm, Is it with The Set Way In Which Your Lot THINK It Would Work..?? 

If thats the Case, then it will NEVER BE DISCOVERED ..

• Like 2

On ‎22‎/‎07‎/‎2018 at 11:48 AM, ChrLzs said:

We have been through this in at least two other threads before(why telepathy can't be tested), so I'm not going to argue the point with you all over again. If you didn't get it then you won't get it now.

I think that half the problem is that you are stuck on the idea that telepathy is something that a person can use 'on demand'(and of course there are people who claim they can do that .... I have my doubts), what I am interested in is the random incidents of telepathy that many people experience. This is what can't be tested because it can't be predicted when it will occur. It just comes out of the blue.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, ouija ouija said:

We have been through this in at least two other threads before(why telepathy can't be tested), so I'm not going to argue the point with you all over again. If you didn't get it then you won't get it now.

I think that half the problem is that you are stuck on the idea that telepathy is something that a person can use 'on demand'(and of course there are people who claim they can do that .... I have my doubts), what I am interested in is the random incidents of telepathy that many people experience. This is what can't be tested because it can't be predicted when it will occur. It just comes out of the blue.

That random incident is what im talking about . Yesterday happend to me the same thing as i wrote above..

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Relam said:

That random incident is what im talking about . Yesterday happend to me the same thing as i wrote above..

Hi friend, so you have random or spontaneous telepathic moments?  i think thats cool .. What are your thoughts focused on when that happens?  because now that its becoming known to you, it would be a good practice of noting what you were thinking or feeling at the time of the Insight ..   This makes your attention inward and not outward, and you are becoming conscious and aware .. the more you take note, the more you able to understand about you and how your mind energy works ...

3 hours ago, MauriOra said:

Hi friend, so you have random or spontaneous telepathic moments?  i think thats cool .. What are your thoughts focused on when that happens?  because now that its becoming known to you, it would be a good practice of noting what you were thinking or feeling at the time of the Insight ..   This makes your attention inward and not outward, and you are becoming conscious and aware .. the more you take note, the more you able to understand about you and how your mind energy works ...

It just simple for example i am thinking to call friend and suddenly after couple of minutes he is calling me.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Relam said:

It just simple for example i am thinking to call friend and suddenly after couple of minutes he is calling me.

Loolls, the simplest .. yes and that is how it works, but you can heighten it even more by becoming aware of it,  in a sense, harness it, to not be a random incident, but used at Will .. Which is possible, when the whole " Mysticism " is taken off it and Termed, SIMPLE.... Because it is .. Its our NATURAL Inherent Abilities .. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Relam said:

This is one I've put a fair bit of time into thinking about, as it is oft brought up...  Rather than me tell you, how about you tell me - if you were really investigating this, what sort of things would you look at?

To start you off...

1. How often do you and your friend converse?  Has that been changing over time or because of something happening recently?

There are a lot of issues in a similar vein that apply - I hope it is reasonably obvious why I bring that up...

Either way, I'll explain later and go through all the things I thought of - I think you might be a little surprised just how complicated (and, potentially predictable) it is.

Brains are clever and very powerful.  We should have licenses to own one.

13 minutes ago, ChrLzs said:

This is one I've put a fair bit of time into thinking about, as it is oft brought up...  Rather than me tell you, how about you tell me - if you were really investigating this, what sort of things would you look at?

Oooh, TIME and THINKING, 4th Dimension and 5th Dimension Simultaneously ... Lucky You ..:lol:

I Know this Question,  was aimed at Our Other Friend. But id like to answer because its SIMPLE .... ITS THOUGHTS ... Thoughts are Mind, and Mind is Consciousness, It is Everywhere, So by the Thought, You Can Connect, then you Tune into the Energies, and the Intent is Locked In .. 

13 minutes ago, ChrLzs said:

Brains are Clever and Easily Programmed, It is the MIND that is POWERFUL, and We DO have Licenses to Own One, Its called, LIFE !!

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, MauriOra said:

Oooh, TIME and THINKING, 4th Dimension and 5th Dimension Simultaneously ... Lucky You ..:lol:

I Know this Question,  was aimed at Our Other Friend. But id like to answer because its SIMPLE .... ITS THOUGHTS ... Thoughts are Mind, and Mind is Consciousness, It is Everywhere, So by the Thought, You Can Connect, then you Tune into the Energies, and the Intent is Locked In .. 

You make it sound cooler than I'm going to, but my point is that very few folks want to think about the way we are subconsciously processing HUGE amounts of information, pattern matching, observing subtle clues without knowing it, and so on.  No extra dimensions or paranormalcy required ... so i guess that makes it less wonderful and less worthy of actually talking about...

12 minutes ago, MauriOra said:

Brains are Clever and Easily Programmed, It is the MIND that is POWERFUL, and We DO have Licenses to Own One, Its called, LIFE !!

But no-one gets compulsory driver training, and there's almost zero policing..

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, ChrLzs said:

You make it sound cooler than I'm going to, but my point is that very few folks want to think about the way we are subconsciously processing HUGE amounts of information, pattern matching, observing subtle clues without knowing it, and so on.  No extra dimensions or paranormalcy required ... so i guess that makes it less wonderful and less worthy of actually talking about...

Yes, i see your point .. Very few do My Friend because of the BUSY NESS in their  lives and Frankly because of the Farcical Knowledge being given to Humanity.. For all that Science has explained, some things will be bang on as far as its Physical Component goes, but not the Etherical Counterpart .. And alot of the Frequencies Emitted from some Technology, is having adverse affects on the Human Body and On the Earth Plane ... Earth is like Us, if there is a Cut or wound, Earth Heals .. the Mindset of Scarcity is A Lie, its to create Fear that there isnt enough, in effect, causing us to huddle even closer and protect what is ours with Ruthless Fervor.. If Humanity in its Collective Capacity were to Actually Learn about HOW the Subconscious Mind works and how it is just a Sponge and Downloads Information UNCRITICALLY they would be more MINDFUL, of what they watched, listened, and were exposed to. .. And therein Lies the Agenda, Make it seem Boring and no one will want to Learn ..  There is No Paranormal STUFF, its NATURAL because we live within a Paradigm within a Paradigm and on and on, and Each Paradigm has its Own Frequency or Radio Station, that can be Tuned Into With The Mind, 

16 minutes ago, ChrLzs said:

But no-one gets compulsory driver training, and there's almost zero policing..

Looolls .. Well we shall have to Remedy that ... But Yes, fully understand .. You learn what is in your Sphere of Influence.. We need to make the Sphere of Influences better Role Models than the Ones Today ..

• Like 1

5 hours ago, ChrLzs said:

To start you off...

1. How often do you and your friend converse?  Has that been changing over time or because of something happening recently?

There are a lot of issues in a similar vein that apply - I hope it is reasonably obvious why I bring that up...

Either way, I'll explain later and go through all the things I thought of - I think you might be a little surprised just how complicated (and, potentially predictable) it is.

We didn't go out for about 2 weeks because i cannot, and i thinked to call him soon to go drink some beer, then after couple minutes i recieved message from him asking the same thing. Its weird that this happens in couple of minutes. It would not be too much fascinating that he called me tommorrow and asked.

• Like 1

???  So, that is your answer to my question:

if you were really investigating this, what sort of things would you look at?

You honestly couldn't come up with anything else whatsoever?

Sometimes I wonder why I bother.  I may be back, but frankly, if that's the level of thinking, nothing I say will help.

• Thanks 1

if telepathy is real, we would know it as fact by now.. the FACT that we don't after 100/250 thousand years of modern man <<logically>> speaks for its self IMHO

Anyway, for others who have experienced this, and *would* like to actually think about it, here's me from another thread...

I often hear people talking about their latest example of "I was just thinking of you, and you CALLED ME right at that moment!" It happens to me too.. But when you start to think it through, this sort of thing can be incredibly complex and have many causes.

First up, we all have rhythms and patterns of behavior, so after a certain time (eg with me and my daughter, it's about eight to ten days, I reckon) it is starting to become odd that we haven't been in touch.  So we both tend to think of each other more often and as more time elapses, we are almost constantly expecting the call (or one of us makes the call!).  Just from that one issue alone, the chances of this happening are greatly increased.

But that's just the start of it - there are particular times of day that we both tend to call and subconsciously we both know that and those will be the time/s I think of her.. and vice versa.

Then, we have some similar tastes in music/tv, so we may well both be watching/hearing something (or even overhearing it from someone else's car)...

There may be particular weather patterns eg rainy days, or perhaps news stories on topics that we often discuss, or maybe things on social media (I don't like social media, but I hear some do..). Anyway, I could go on for much longer *just* on this one happening that many think is indicative of paranormal powers or a 'connection'...

As I said - I can supply more similar factors, and all of them greatly increase the chance that we will be thinking of each other as one of us calls..  But probably the most important thing is this - our brains are superb at cherry picking and confirmation bias.  To put it simply, we forget the times we thought of each other without 'success', and only remember the times when (probably for one of the reasons above) we are thinking of the other. 

So yes, everyone here experiences the same thing (or I'd be very surprised if they don't) - we all are probably thinking of the person when they call....

• Like 1

Its similar to thinking about a song, then turning on the radio and hearing it. How many times has that song played without you paying attention to it. 

• Thanks 1