Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Telepathy ??!

Relam

Have you ever expirienced that when you thinking of some person and that this person will somehow recieve that like telepathy and start thinking about you. I had that with friend a couple days ago that i thinked to call and i didnt, and later friend calls me for a same thing,to go out. This thing happened to me with some family members too and mostly with girlfriends.

What if when you think about that person,that person dont think about you, and when you stop thinking about them that person starts thinking about you..

• Like 2

All seems reasonable to me as one who believes telepathy is already proven by scientific and controlled odds against chance experiments. I think there is a mental plane of nature that we all experience. 

• Like 2

Why is this not explained by simple human behavior patterns?  You will, naturally, begin to think of someone when it has been a while between contact, and the frequency will increase up until the contact happens.  It can also be triggered by other things, like you both may see a favorite tv program, or a song is played on a radio station you both listen to, or there is a news story that contains a familiar word or concept or location, or the weather reminds both of you of a happy time, or... - I could go on for ages.

Think about all the possible complexities of the situation, and learn about the immense power of the mind, before invoking magic, I reckon.. 

Edited by ChrLzs
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

PS, if anyone says telepathy is 'proven', ask them to nominate the best evidence they have seen.  Don't trust handwavers.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, papageorge1 said:

All seems reasonable to me as one who believes telepathy is already proven by scientific and controlled odds against chance experiments. I think there is a mental plane of nature that we all experience. 

Really? I would love to see the evidence.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Relam said:

Have you ever expirienced that when you thinking of some person and that this person will somehow recieve that like telepathy and start thinking about you. I had that with friend a couple days ago that i thinked to call and i didnt, and later friend calls me for a same thing,to go out. This thing happened to me with some family members too and mostly with girlfriends.

What if when you think about that person,that person dont think about you, and when you stop thinking about them that person starts thinking about you..

Sometimes I think that such things are often an example of our individual blueprints for this life overlapping anothers.  And as they join/cross so does the desire to perform some small part of that lifes intention...crazy I know, but there you go.  (Try picturing your life journey as a wriggling, wavy line and look for all of those other life lines that occasional passed through yours and vice versa)

• Like 3

5 hours ago, JMPD1 said:

Really? I would love to see the evidence.

Meta analysis on tests done by dozens of labs show the results are reproducible. Here's just one discussion (An Assessment Of The Evidence For Psychic Functioning). This was from a highly respected Professor of Applied Statistics that was tasked by the government to analyze the data for psi functioning in humans. The conclusion was that psi functioning has been proven to exist and it would be a waste of resources to continue to try to prove its existence and that resources would now be better spent learning more about the functioning of this now proven phenomena.

From papers conclusion:

It is clear to this author that anomalous cognition is possible and has been demonstrated.  This conclusion is not based on belief, but rather on commonly accepted scientific criteria.  The phenomenon has been replicated in a number of forms across laboratories and cultures.   The various experiments in which it has been observed have been different enough that if some subtle methodological problems can explain the results, then there would have to be a different explanation for each type of experiment, yet the impact would have to be similar across experiments and laboratories.  If fraud were responsible, similarly, it would require an equivalent amount of fraud on the part of a large number of experimenters or an even larger number of subjects.

But notice I said what I believe to be the facts. If you claim there are obfuscators, materialists, etc. that will argue against any positive parapsychology results into infinity then I would agree with that too.

Edited by papageorge1
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Relam said:

Hi,

My understanding and my experience has been that when we think about some one we telepathically connect to them. That happens at the subconscious and divine levels for the most part.

I tend to think good thoughts and say kind things about others because I know at some level they are always listening.

John

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Jodirebeccapricexx said:

Hi, ive been having my mind read for about 6 months by people who are very sick and because nobody believes me they carry on being disgusting. I cannot understand what is going on and realise it does sound impossible. Im not sure what to do, i find it very eery & scary & realizing that i think im the only one in the world. 

Okay. Read my mind. 

• Haha 3

• 4 weeks later...

I don't know if this is the best page but for a while years ago my younger brother(now passed) and I had experiences of talking and seeing one another yet not be in the same room.The first time it happened I was shaving in the bathroom looking in the mirror and talking to bro standing at the bathroom door.I walked back inside and he was still half asleep in his bed.He said I had been standing in his doorway talking to him.We were both astounded.It happened a couple more times when we were in different rooms.I don't know what this type of thing is, whether its good or bad stuff.

• Like 1

On ‎08‎/‎06‎/‎2018 at 11:55 AM, XenoFish said:

Okay. Read my mind. 

She says she is having her mind read ...... not that she can read minds.

15 minutes ago, ouija ouija said:

She says she is having her mind read ...... not that she can read minds.

Do me a favor, put me back on ignore. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 30/05/2018 at 6:03 AM, papageorge1 said:

You can't "believe" science proves something when it doesn't. 

• Like 3

On 30/05/2018 at 4:18 PM, papageorge1 said:

Meta analysis on tests done by dozens of labs show the results are reproducible. Here's just one discussion (An Assessment Of The Evidence For Psychic Functioning). This was from a highly respected Professor of Applied Statistics that was tasked by the government to analyze the data for psi functioning in humans. The conclusion was that psi functioning has been proven to exist and it would be a waste of resources to continue to try to prove its existence and that resources would now be better spent learning more about the functioning of this now proven phenomena.

From papers conclusion:

It is clear to this author that anomalous cognition is possible and has been demonstrated.  This conclusion is not based on belief, but rather on commonly accepted scientific criteria.  The phenomenon has been replicated in a number of forms across laboratories and cultures.   The various experiments in which it has been observed have been different enough that if some subtle methodological problems can explain the results, then there would have to be a different explanation for each type of experiment, yet the impact would have to be similar across experiments and laboratories.  If fraud were responsible, similarly, it would require an equivalent amount of fraud on the part of a large number of experimenters or an even larger number of subjects.

But notice I said what I believe to be the facts. If you claim there are obfuscators, materialists, etc. that will argue against any positive parapsychology results into infinity then I would agree with that too.

Oh dear. Your "highly respected professor of applied statistics" is a parapsychologist and is on the board of the International Remote Viewing Association. Hardly an unbiased study. Also, she wrote the paper in 1995. And nothing has happened since? Alarm bells right there.

• Like 6

5 hours ago, Emma_Acid said:

You can't "believe" science proves something when it doesn't. 

You can define the word 'proof' so strictly that nothing about the physical  universe can be called proven. For meta analysis with a combined outcome of 10 to many, many powers to one against chance I might use the word 'proved' with its more colloquial meaning.

5 hours ago, Emma_Acid said:

Oh dear. Your "highly respected professor of applied statistics" is a parapsychologist and is on the board of the International Remote Viewing Association. Hardly an unbiased study. Also, she wrote the paper in 1995. And nothing has happened since? Alarm bells right there.

Do you consider that she was chosen by the government because she started neutral and was convinced by the numbers?

So in contrast, you would only consider reliable those who don't believe there are psychic abilities.

On 06/07/2018 at 4:30 PM, papageorge1 said:

You can define the word 'proof' so strictly that nothing about the physical  universe can be called proven.

Er, what? Science seems to manage fine. Its you that likes to move the goalposts because the evidence doesn't' stack up with your beliefs.

• Like 3

On 06/07/2018 at 4:33 PM, papageorge1 said:

Do you consider that she was chosen by the government because she started neutral and was convinced by the numbers?

Is this something you know for a fact?

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, Emma_Acid said:

Of course he does! He read it in "Weekly World News" so it must be true!

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

On 7/6/2018 at 9:33 AM, papageorge1 said:

So in contrast, you would only consider reliable those who don't believe there are psychic abilities.

Hmmm, well maybe she read minds and implants suggestions and was just successful (shrewed) enough to create a job out of nothing.

jmccr8

Edited by jmccr8
Fat fingers or the devil made me do it
  • Like 1

On 5/30/2018 at 11:48 AM, John from Lowell said:

because I know at some level they are always listening.

Sounds like paranoia to me.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Emma_Acid said:

Yes

24 minutes ago, jmccr8 said:

Hmmm, well maybe she read minds and implants suggestions and was just successful (shrewed) enough to create a job out of nothing.

jmccr8

Not that I should give that a serious response to that  attempt at silliness, but she was selected because of her already prominence in the field of Applied Statistics and had no particular knowledge or position in parapsychology. But if you guys prefer your own view of the history, then carry on and I won't confuse the situation with facts.

34 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

Not that I should give that a serious response to that  attempt at silliness, but she was selected because of her already prominence in the field of Applied Statistics and had no particular knowledge or position in parapsychology. But if you guys prefer your own view of the history, then carry on and I won't confuse the situation with facts.

Papa

I was teasing, :D what happened to humor did it go the way of the dodo?:lol: There has been a sheet load of money spent and made and to date there has been nothing other than profit found, a fortune telling profit so to speak. It would be interesting to study the genetics of the unbelievable numbers of believers who believe in the many unevidenced events, abilities, bigfoot, aliens etc.

jmccr8

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jmccr8 said:

Papa

I was teasing, :D what happened to humor did it go the way of the dodo?:lol: There has been a sheet load of money spent and made and to date there has been nothing other than profit found, a fortune telling profit so to speak. It would be interesting to study the genetics of the unbelievable numbers of believers who believe in the many unevidenced events, abilities, bigfoot, aliens etc.

jmccr8

Of course I knew you were being facetitious but I find the subject worthy of some serious discussion too. When the faitiousness is at least a little witty. I appreciate it more.

Very few are getting rich on these subjects. And we can also study the genetics of those who so ferociously defend the sides of the box of current understandings and insecurely try to put down others.

So there, right back at you with no net gain for anybody.