Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Girl's 'imaginary friend' sounds like a ghost

UM-Bot

At that age the imagination works overtime.  I have a 3 year old who comes out with some absolute blinders, she has at least 3 imaginary siblings.

Her latest one was brilliant.  We were walking to nursery and she picked up a stick and started walking strangely.  I asked her what she was doing.  She replied that she was walking like her brother.  I asked what she meant, she explained that her Brother had fallen down the stairs a week ago and hurt his leg, so he had to use a stick.  She added that he had fallen down the stairs because of the funny trousers he wears which are really big at the bottom.  She then emphasized that her Brother hadn't died when he fell.

It is all said so straight faced and as if this were something I should already know.  Priceless.

• Like 8

I am convinced that children have real psychic perception abilities that fade with age but their ability to analyze and articulate is certainly not as developed as adults. Their imaginations are less restricted too at that age. That said, I can't tell you what is going on in this particular case but it seems odd such a small story went fairly viral. I've seen it in multiple places now and It shows society's increased interest in the paranormal.

Edited by papageorge1
  • Like 3
  • Sad 1

I hear about stuff like this sometimes. Like, I saw one on YouTube a few years ago where a kid had an imaginary friend whom the kid said would make funny faces and had a rope around their neck. I think it might have been on Mr. Nightmare's channel. Sounded like a hanging victim. Woah. Creepy, right? Still, as far as anyone knows, it's all imagination. I saw stuff as a kid. It looked real, too. I saw a disembodied woman's hand come out of a piano stool once, moitioning for me to come closer, but I ran. Still, though, probably something birthed in my imagination. There really isn't a limit on a kid's imagination. 

Edited by Skulduggery
  • Like 1

Okay. I am 65 years old now and I guess it is time for me to come clean.  I have never SEEN anything like this that I can remember. Not ever.  However since I have been a very small child,. long before kindergarten, I have heard electronic noises from behind me on the left and right and slightly behind my ears and directly behind my head. This is strange since I have been hard of hearing my whole life. I wear hearing aids now and have done so since I was about 40. The last time I heard these sounds was two days ago while driving alone in my car.  It had gone on for days previous to that also.

The sounds  have been the very same since childhood, long before I wore hearing aids. I have heard them in the woods, in the desert, alone, when with a crowd of people, on airplanes, in bed at night, at the restaurant, in the bathtub....just about everywhere.

Do you know the beeping sounds that medical equipment makes like the type in the Intensive Care Unit at a hospital? The sounds I have  heard my whole life are similar to those sounds. They are the kinds of sounds that one gets from electronic equipment when that equipment is either issuing a warning of some sort to the operator of the equipment or finishing some sort of program and signalling that it is now completed. I have heard these sounds hundreds of times in my life, so much so that I do not even find it odd anymore.  Strange eh?

• Like 1

When my youngest daughter was perhaps 9 months, I walked into a pitch black room to hear her talking in complete sentences in a language I did not understand... to someone who was not there. I did not hear any of the replies, but she was giggling and carrying on just like she was having a conversation... making multisyllabic, non repetitive sounds with a mixture of consonants and vowels and a flow just like the spoken word... with the pause, reaction and reply pattern characteristic of those types interactions.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, TomBarnes said:

Okay. I am 65 years old now and I guess it is time for me to come clean.  I have never SEEN anything like this that I can remember. Not ever.  However since I have been a very small child,. long before kindergarten, I have heard electronic noises from behind me on the left and right and slightly behind my ears and directly behind my head. This is strange since I have been hard of hearing my whole life. I wear hearing aids now and have done so since I was about 40. The last time I heard these sounds was two days ago while driving alone in my car.  It had gone on for days previous to that also.

The sounds  have been the very same since childhood, long before I wore hearing aids. I have heard them in the woods, in the desert, alone, when with a crowd of people, on airplanes, in bed at night, at the restaurant, in the bathtub....just about everywhere.

Do you know the beeping sounds that medical equipment makes like the type in the Intensive Care Unit at a hospital? The sounds I have  heard my whole life are similar to those sounds. They are the kinds of sounds that one gets from electronic equipment when that equipment is either issuing a warning of some sort to the operator of the equipment or finishing some sort of program and signalling that it is now completed. I have heard these sounds hundreds of times in my life, so much so that I do not even find it odd anymore.  Strange eh?

There are quite a few similar stories out there... people’s physical structures acting as receivers in some way... radio stations coming through teeth, that sort of thing.

The human skull itself acts as a signal amplifier... just try sticking a car “clicker” under your chin or to your temple when using it, you’ll find that the signal goes much farther.

I think that children see and experience things that an adult's mind would never accept. They lack the experiences that allow an adult to interpret things that they see. A child lacks the filters and sometimes they are like a cat and see things that you can't see.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Yeah, that's creepy.

Somebody do the LBRP in Ruby's room, quick. 

• Like 1

It's a still developing brain. Not spook vision.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, TomBarnes said:

No.....not that strange.  Tinnitus is a real problem that affects about 1 in 5 people.  I have had a touch of it.....and have also experienced being sensitive to sounds when stressed.  

On ‎5‎/‎31‎/‎2018 at 5:24 AM, XenoFish said:

Call the Winchesters.  I thought they got rid of the yellow-eyed demon.

• Like 1

On 5/30/2018 at 12:13 PM, Grey Area said:

At that age the imagination works overtime.  I have a 3 year old who comes out with some absolute blinders, she has at least 3 imaginary siblings.

Her latest one was brilliant.  We were walking to nursery and she picked up a stick and started walking strangely.  I asked her what she was doing.  She replied that she was walking like her brother.  I asked what she meant, she explained that her Brother had fallen down the stairs a week ago and hurt his leg, so he had to use a stick.  She added that he had fallen down the stairs because of the funny trousers he wears which are really big at the bottom.  She then emphasized that her Brother hadn't died when he fell.

Had I been in your position, I would have asked some more searching questions, like his name, his parents' names etc. Should anything like that happen again, I would suggest you do exactly that.

Edited by Inn Spectre

5 hours ago, Inn Spectre said:

Had I been in your position, I would have asked some more searching questions, like his name, his parents' names etc. Should anything like that happen again, I would suggest you do exactly that.

The name is the giveaway, she’s hopeless with inventing names, at the time her list of stock names was limited to ballerina, cici, Scarlett or Charlie, the last 2 being friends.  The imaginary brother defaulted to Charlie.

Of course we asked questions not everything is supernatural.

12 hours ago, Grey Area said:

The name is the giveaway, she’s hopeless with inventing names, at the time her list of stock names was limited to ballerina, cici, Scarlett or Charlie, the last 2 being friends.  The imaginary brother defaulted to Charlie.

Of course we asked questions not everything is supernatural.

What makes you think they're inventions? Nobody's saying there's anything supernatural going on, quite the opposite in fact.

• 4 weeks later...

My daughter had two imaginary friends. They were elf sized little heathens that she could carry in her pockets. They were named Brother and Ponch and went everywhere with us. This allowed my daughter to somewhat release her less...civilized desires in a way that didn't get her in trouble. Brother and Ponch would do it and she would tell us about it and we would scold them. To her they were as real as other people and she would play with them when she was alone as well as when she was with us. They lived with us until she had to go off to school in Kindergarten. Every morning we had to shake her down to make sure that Brother and Ponch stayed home with us and not go to school. As her world widened and she made new friends Brother and Ponch slowly faded away. It was a little sad to see them go. Her descriptions of them and their activities were intensely detailed and offered me a peek into my Baby's mind and creativity. Brother and Ponch's activities often reflected her fears and frustrations and gave her a safe way to express these things. 

• Like 1