Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Glasses wearers are smarter, new study claims

UM-Bot

Personally, as a wearer of glasses, I heartily approve of this new research linking intelligence :unsure2:

• Like 6

I've believed that correlation since I was a kid. And I have always been one to believe in general that genetics plays a much greater role than what the average person thinks in regards to traits and personality. 

This will often put me at odds with the more equalitarian views prevalent in the early 21st century's version of  political correctness.

Edited by papageorge1
  • Like 2

As soon as I take my glasses off I find it much harder to read, so it must be true.

• Like 3
  • Haha 6

I can't see anything but fuzzy blobs without my glasses....and I'm smart enough to know that the world is not one big fuzzy blob. I keep my glasses on unless I'm asleep or showering. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

Well, my wince makes me look like The Man with No Name. And you people are all Eli Wallach.

• Haha 1

makes sense bill gates wear glasses. Trump doesn't case closed

• Like 1

As a glasses owner (I don't always wear them, except when driving and at the theater), I also am in favor of the conclusion of this study... Now... To read the dang thing.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

I also have worn glasses since I was 2 years old.  All of the people that are 20/200 must be geniuses!

My grand daughters must be smart as well. They have my son-in-law's vision issues and he's no dummy.  He married my daughter!

Edited by paperdyer
corredtted typo
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 5/31/2018 at 2:05 PM, goodgodno said:

We may be more intelligent, but we’d be screwed in an apocalyptic world if we lost them! 

I was thinking the exact same thing. 

Even if we are smarter, it just means we know how screwed we are. 

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/31/2018 at 6:12 PM, LV-426 said:

Personally, as a wearer of glasses, I heartily approve of this new research linking intelligence :unsure2:

Ditto

• Like 1

I was thinking that macular degeneration tends to force most people into glasses when they pass 40, so it seems this could be experience/wisdom related?

• Like 1

On 6/13/2018 at 4:42 PM, psyche101 said:

I was thinking that macular degeneration tends to force most people into glasses when they pass 40, so it seems this could be experience/wisdom related?

Ummmm... the larger brain pressing on the optic nerve, pressing on the back of the eye and thus distorting the retina...

Sounds logical. :tu:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I have seven pairs of glasses scattered around my home(and greenhouse!); each has a different use. I must be absolutely off the scale of smartiness! :lol: 

• Like 1

On 5/31/2018 at 5:05 PM, goodgodno said:

We may be more intelligent, but we’d be screwed in an apocalyptic world if we lost them! 

That depends. I can see about 20 foot no problem. Anything past that is 'drunk vision'. So I think I'd be fine. Just don't let me drive. 

Ouija Oujia said:  I have seven pairs of glasses scattered around my home(and greenhouse!); each has a different use. I must be absolutely off the scale of smartiness! :lol: 

That goes without saying B)

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, The Silver Thong said:

So for 10 bucks I can become more smarterer

Corrected that for you.:lol:

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

Corrected that for you.:lol:

I did that on purposees oh wait let me get my glasses ohhhhh I mean on purpose lol

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

I am

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSu8BliT-QUqD_uSxKyxHk

Crap now I have to to wall mart to get smarter. Sorry had to do it. 

On 6/17/2018 at 7:49 AM, DieChecker said:

Ummmm... the larger brain pressing on the optic nerve, pressing on the back of the eye and thus distorting the retina...

Its not the problem itself, more so that its common after 40 when most people have seen a lot of life and have attained a certain level of wisdom though experience. 

That just seems more logical than the basic correlation  of glasses=smarter. 

Edited by psyche101
  • Like 1

On 6/16/2018 at 5:49 PM, DieChecker said:

You are making the assumption that larger brain = more intellgence. 

• Like 1