Jump to content
Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Brother_Spirit

Assad tells U.S. to get out of Syria

46 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Brother_Spirit
Posted (edited)
Quote

Assad tells US to leave Syria

(CNN)Syrian President Bashar al-Assad has said the United States has "lost its cards" in Syria, calling on America to leave the country in an interview with Russia Today.

"The Americans should leave. Somehow, they're going to leave. They came to Iraq with no legal basis, and look what happened to them. They have to learn their lesson. Iraq is no exception. Syria is no exception. People will not accept foreigners in this region any more," Assad said.
 
Quote

Assad threatens to expel U.S. troops from Syria by ‘force’

BEIRUT — Syrian President Bashar al-Assad warned in comments broadcast Thursday that he would wage war to expel U.S. troops from northeastern Syria if dialogue fails to bring the area back under government control.

It was not the first time that Assad has threatened to attack U.S. troops, but it was his most explicit expression yet of his determination to rid Syria of American forces.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/middle_east/assad-threatens-to-expel-us-troops-from-syria-by-force/2018/05/31/e4ba8400-64d3-11e8-81ca-bb14593acaa6_story.html?utm_term=.e36f979e2fe6

What do you think? Should we leave? We are obviously not welcomed.

Edited by Brother_Spirit
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Piney
11 minutes ago, Brother_Spirit said:

What do you think? Should we leave? We are obviously not welcomed.

We should get out of the Mid East Period! Including letting Israel pay for their own military. 

  • Like 6
  • Thanks 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
seanjo
Quote

People will not accept foreigners in this region any more

Except for Russian's and Iranians.

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Aquila King
1 hour ago, Piney said:

We should get out of the Mid East Period! Including letting Israel pay for their own military. 

giphy.gif

Could not agree more. :tsu:

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Piney
1 hour ago, Aquila King said:

giphy.gif

Could not agree more. :tsu:

:lol:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Brother_Spirit
Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, seanjo said:

Except for Russian's and Iranians.

There would be no Russia and Iran in Syria if the U.S., France, U.K. ect didn't seek to overthrow the Assad regime.

Also the big difference is, both Russia and Iran believes in the Syrian state and it's territorial sovereignty. We don't care.

 

Edited by Brother_Spirit
  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
and then
Posted (edited)

I suspect we'll be leaving as soon as Israel has seen to it that Iran has removed their advance troops from Southern Syria.  Until then we'd just be inviting a wider conflict.  The IDF/IAF is going to continue pummeling Iran's weapons factories in Lebanon and their militias in Syria until the mullahs leave.  While Assad is talking about breaking bad on the U.S. (:w00t:)  Assad is disinviting Iranian troops or anti-air assets from being stationed at or near Syrian bases.  

2 hours ago, Brother_Spirit said:

Also the big difference is, both Russia and Iran believes in the Syrian state and it's territorial sovereignty. We don't care.

Yup... they believe in Syrian sovereignty so much that they're dividing the land up between themselves while Assad cries like a little girl who spilled something on her new dress. 

Edited by and then
text disappeared :(
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Captain Risky
On 6/1/2018 at 2:41 AM, Brother_Spirit said:

What do you think? Should we leave? We are obviously not welcomed.

...a better question would be how comfortable would you feel if Russia and/or China controlled the largest oil and gas reserves in the world?  

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Phaeton80
On 31-5-2018 at 7:07 PM, seanjo said:

Except for Russian's and Iranians.

 

Yes well, they did help Syria fight off the endless swarms of 'moderate rebels' foreign backed mercenaries trying to destroy the nation in and effort to oust Assad, create a new Iraq, Afghanistan or Libya.. while the rest of the world was doing everything it could to further Syria's demize.

They are the only ones there legally, by request of the Syrian government.

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Captain Risky
8 minutes ago, Phaeton80 said:

 

Yes well, they did help Syria fight off the endless swarms of 'moderate rebels' foreign backed mercenaries trying to destroy the nation in and effort to oust Assad, create a new Iraq, Afghanistan or Libya.. while the rest of the world was doing everything it could to further Syria's demize.

They are the only ones there legally, by request of the Syrian government.

 

even if the Syrian government isn't democratically elected. :) 

i get what you're saying and for the most part agree. Assad is the lesser of the two evils. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Captain Risky
On 6/1/2018 at 4:24 PM, and then said:

I suspect we'll be leaving as soon as Israel has seen to it that Iran has removed their advance troops from Southern Syria.  Until then we'd just be inviting a wider conflict.  The IDF/IAF is going to continue pummeling Iran's weapons factories in Lebanon and their militias in Syria until the mullahs leave.  While Assad is talking about breaking bad on the U.S. (:w00t:)  Assad is disinviting Iranian troops or anti-air assets from being stationed at or near Syrian bases.  

Yup... they believe in Syrian sovereignty so much that they're dividing the land up between themselves while Assad cries like a little girl who spilled something on her new dress. 

surely the Syrian war had more to do with ousting Assad and installing an Islamic death cult government that would have been more of a threat to Israel than Assad? strange that Isreal more put effort into removing Assad than the head choppers? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
seanjo

We aren't in Syria, we are in Iraq, by request of the elected government.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Phaeton80
9 hours ago, Captain Risky said:

surely the Syrian war had more to do with ousting Assad and installing an Islamic death cult government that would have been more of a threat to Israel than Assad? strange that Isreal more put effort into removing Assad than the head choppers? 


Not if the aim of the game is to stratify the region into small, managable / controllable states.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
RoofGardener
On 5/31/2018 at 5:54 PM, Piney said:

We should get out of the Mid East Period! Including letting Israel pay for their own military. 

I think that is an excellent idea.

Of course, this might cause considerable unemployment in the USA. The "weapons sales" to Israel are - in essence - a subsidy to the US arms manufacturers courtesy of the US taxpayer. Nevertheless, it is the right thing to do. 

Providing, of course, all subsidies weapons sales to Egypt, Saudi, Jordan etcetera are ALSO stopped ? 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Captain Risky
35 minutes ago, Phaeton80 said:


Not if the aim of the game is to stratify the region into small, managable / controllable states.

you're totally correct. the continuation of the British and French plans to control the region by weakening it. smaller states equals and constantly at each others throats. i once read that Ceasar did the same in Gaul. history repeats itself. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Captain Risky
9 hours ago, seanjo said:

We aren't in Syria, we are in Iraq, by request of the elected government.

but America is in Syria. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
and then
11 hours ago, Captain Risky said:

surely the Syrian war had more to do with ousting Assad and installing an Islamic death cult government that would have been more of a threat to Israel than Assad? strange that Isreal more put effort into removing Assad than the head choppers? 

I've seen zero proof that this is the case.  Israel struck hard and often but always against HIZBALLAH and shipments meant for them going into Lebanon.  They were open and honest about that goal from day one and made Putin aware nearly every time they struck.  Their only other egregious offense was to treat the occasional wounded soldier or civilian that came to them for help.  Shame on them!  Regardless the rhetoric here, the truth is that they have no friends in the region and have drawn a rather different kind of line in the sand than dear Barry did.  IF Iran tries to build weapons factories there or bases Shia militias within a certain distance of the Golan border, they are going to get eviscerated, along with whoever is helping them.  Short of committing to using nukes, Vlad nor the mullahs can stop Israel in this region and they both know it.  Have you not wondered why Israel has lost no F-15s on any of those strike missions?  The much-vaunted S-series that Russia has placed there is probably the real deal.  It would have little trouble sniping small sorties like those Israel has used.  My uninformed guess is that only rapid, massed missile attacks would have a chance to saturate the airspace and deplete the launchers so that they could be taken out.  Israel COULD do this but hasn't needed to resort to it.  Vlad and Bibi have a gentlemen's agreement.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Captain Risky
9 minutes ago, and then said:

I've seen zero proof that this is the case.  Israel struck hard and often but always against HIZBALLAH and shipments meant for them going into Lebanon.  They were open and honest about that goal from day one and made Putin aware nearly every time they struck.  Their only other egregious offense was to treat the occasional wounded soldier or civilian that came to them for help.  Shame on them!  Regardless the rhetoric here, the truth is that they have no friends in the region and have drawn a rather different kind of line in the sand than dear Barry did.  IF Iran tries to build weapons factories there or bases Shia militias within a certain distance of the Golan border, they are going to get eviscerated, along with whoever is helping them.  Short of committing to using nukes, Vlad nor the mullahs can stop Israel in this region and they both know it.  Have you not wondered why Israel has lost no F-15s on any of those strike missions?  The much-vaunted S-series that Russia has placed there is probably the real deal.  It would have little trouble sniping small sorties like those Israel has used.  My uninformed guess is that only rapid, massed missile attacks would have a chance to saturate the airspace and deplete the launchers so that they could be taken out.  Israel COULD do this but hasn't needed to resort to it.  Vlad and Bibi have a gentlemen's agreement.

i was referring to ISIS in Syria. can't see where you connect Hezbollah and ISIS together? they are different terror groups with different agenda's. both are threats to Israel but it strikes me odd when Israel only attacks one while leaving the other to wreak havoc in the region. especially since ISIS was the bigger threat.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
and then
1 hour ago, Captain Risky said:

i was referring to ISIS in Syria. can't see where you connect Hezbollah and ISIS together? they are different terror groups with different agenda's. both are threats to Israel but it strikes me odd when Israel only attacks one while leaving the other to wreak havoc in the region. especially since ISIS was the bigger threat.  

Let me try this again.  EVERYONE in the region would like to see Israel GONE.  Since Israel just wants to survive and has no desire to bring on a possible nuclear exchange by p***ing off so many nations at once that ALL of them come against her at once... the IDF concentrates on the most immediate threat.  In this case, it is advanced Iranian missiles being delivered to their proxy, Hizballah, in Southern Lebanon.  YES, ISIS, as an ultra-violent hardcore Sunni group does mean Israel death, but they haven't made a point of massing forces to carry out attacks...yet.  Next, I'll hear that ISIS hasn't attacked the strongest force within hundreds of miles, NOT because they'd have gotten rurnt by said force but, rather, because Israel supports a group they know would cut the throats of their children if given half a chance.  That's the kind of insanity I hear on this site at times.  S...M...H

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
and then
3 hours ago, Captain Risky said:

but America is in Syria. 

Yep...gonna be staying awhile, too.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Aquila King
48 minutes ago, and then said:

Yep...gonna be staying awhile, too.

...illegally.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Brother_Spirit
Posted (edited)
15 hours ago, Captain Risky said:

...a better question would be how comfortable would you feel if Russia and/or China controlled the largest oil and gas reserves in the world?  

The Syrian government should control it's oil and gas reserves.

Edited by Brother_Spirit

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Brother_Spirit
Posted (edited)
45 minutes ago, Aquila King said:

...illegally.

Assad considers the U.S. troops an invading force. They have no permission to be in Syria.

Edited by Brother_Spirit

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Aquila King
6 minutes ago, Brother_Spirit said:

Assad considers the U.S. troops an invading force. They have no permission to be in Syria.

Well yeah, because they are.

Regardless, it's an illegal war because the president does not have the authority to attack, bomb, or bring the military into any country he wants. To do so would be a declaration of war, and the US constitution clearly states that congress must approve any war we get involved in. Checks and balances exist for a reason, or at least the used to.

Of course, conservatives apparently only care about the constitution when it suits them. <_<

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
and then
2 hours ago, Brother_Spirit said:

Assad considers the U.S. troops an invading force. They have no permission to be in Syria.

He's probably secretly glad we're there to keep the IDF from killing him at some point.  He KNOWS they could if they decide to do.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.