Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Premonitions of death

Linda's daughter

I'm really not sure what to call these experiences that I have. I must start with the first experience when I was in 9th grade [18 yrs ago]. As the school day ended that Wednesday afternoon and I was waiting for my bus with came on the third wave. I'm standing with my friends and something extremely strange caught my eye. A school mate of mine that I've seen around since 5th grade looked... Gray. I must say that in all of my experiences I don't have control of them. They occur randomly. As I'm looking at my Gray schoolmate shielding my eyes thinking the sun was somehow changing my reception of color, I suddenly heard someone say "Tell him not to go on Friday " Thinking it was my friend next to me I said "why"? My friend said "why what?" I was confused and started pacing and freaking out and I couldn't explain to my friend why. I asked her if she was seeing him gray. She asked me if I was crazy...... Friday night that gray school mate died in a car accident. I was hysterical! I felt guilty for not telling him what that voice had asked. Who's voice was that? But how do you approach a person and tell them " Hey your gray and a voice said don't go on Friday? This was only the beginning... 

Since this was 18 years ago, I need to give you a heads up. Every time we remember something from our past we edit that memory slight. If we think about something what happened a long time ago it can become a new "past" memory. What was a coincidence can and does become something meaningful. Even though it really isn't. Plus our brains love patterns and well create one where there is none. This is largely a form of confirmation bias. As for you "predicting death" sorry no dice. 

• Like 1

This was only my first experience there has been many more including one 3 months ago. So tell me, did I edit that too and the others in between. Also I wrote it in my journal. Also wrote every other experience in a journal. I have 9 journals full. But thanks Mr. Diced... You must be a sceptical person. I should also say that it effected me so much at one point I went to a shrink and they put me in a mental hospital for a week and called me delusional. But my proof is in my journals. The date of the premonitions and the and some news paper obituaries of those that died including my mother, I was able to tell 2 friends about mom before she died right down to the casket she was in... 3 months later she died exactly how I predicted and my 2 friends to this day believe in my ability.

42 minutes ago, Linda's daughter said:

This was only my first experience there has been many more including one 3 months ago. So tell me, did I edit that too and the others in between. Also I wrote it in my journal. Also wrote every other experience in a journal. I have 9 journals full. But thanks Mr. Diced... You must be a sceptical person. I should also say that it effected me so much at one point I went to a shrink and they put me in a mental hospital for a week and called me delusional. But my proof is in my journals. The date of the premonitions and the and some news paper obituaries of those that died including my mother, I was able to tell 2 friends about mom before she died right down to the casket she was in... 3 months later she died exactly how I predicted and my 2 friends to this day believe in my ability.

Like I said before. Confirmation bias.

Right! It's confirmed you are bias. Your opinion changes nothing about anything that's taken place. I couldn't believe it myself at first and I sure didn't ask for these things to happen. I thought this sight was for people who have experienced something supernatural or paranormal but clearly you haven't. Good for you

• 8 months later...
On ‎5‎/‎31‎/‎2018 at 8:20 PM, Linda's daughter said:

Right! It's confirmed you are bias. Your opinion changes nothing about anything that's taken place. I couldn't believe it myself at first and I sure didn't ask for these things to happen. I thought this sight was for people who have experienced something supernatural or paranormal but clearly you haven't. Good for you

That's the SAME question I asked myself last I was here asking about a ghost situation I had (which I got ripped apart for, for honestly no reason) why hang out on a forum that is meant for people to discuss their paranormal experiences, if you can't relate? In any case, that's a rather interesting gift you have to be able to tell when a person will die. My mother has had similar experiences, as she's seen a glowing light around those she knew that were going to die.

1 hour ago, RomanticRoses said:

That's the SAME question I asked myself last I was here asking about a ghost situation I had (which I got ripped apart for, for honestly no reason) why hang out on a forum that is meant for people to discuss their paranormal experiences, if you can't relate? In any case, that's a rather interesting gift you have to be able to tell when a person will die. My mother has had similar experiences, as she's seen a glowing light around those she knew that were going to die.

I hang around hoping to see some real evidence but also to help give non-paranormal explanations for things. Would you rather know that you may have experienced sleep paralysis and a hypnopompic hallucination than thinking you’ve been held down by a demon while sleeping? Or what you photographed was dust and not a spirit? 

• Like 2