Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

'Loch Ness Monster' filmed for 10 minutes

Still Waters

38 minutes ago, Mark One said:

The daily record one (first link) Just checked again and its still unavailable.

Ok, sorry about that. I don't know why you're having problems.

The video is also in the Daily Mail link I posted except it's shorter, perhaps this one will play for you.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5794743/Is-Loch-Ness-Monster-Creature-swimming-Scottish-Highlands-10-minutes.html

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, Still Waters said:

Ok, sorry about that. I don't know why you're having problems.

The video is also in the Daily Mail link I posted except it's shorter, perhaps this one will play for you.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5794743/Is-Loch-Ness-Monster-Creature-swimming-Scottish-Highlands-10-minutes.html

That link works fine.  Thanks for all the hard work you do here.

• Thanks 2

Further proof that operation "NukeThe Imagination" could never fully succeed, imo.

Well ... if it was Nessie, it was good that they filmed her frolicking and not on a monstrous rampage ...

~

• Haha 3

It’s a bad camera, which has taken footage of a boat.

8 hours ago, Mr.United_Nations said:

A deer?

A female deer?

• Like 1

On 01/06/2018 at 8:16 PM, psyche101 said:

I agree, it's a quaint tale and it's amazing that people still invoke the legend. All in good fun though. 

It is a nice tale Psyche. The thing is tho, is that some folk really do believe in Nessie's existence.

As you're aware, even today people are still trying to get photographs of this elusive creature.

According to the history of this legendary monster (wiki)..well, she's been around as early as the 'sixth century' and became somewhat active again around 1933 and so forth. 

Now if they are talking about only 'one' creature here that's roaming free in the deep depths of this lake...then I'd say she'd be getting pretty long in-the-tooth by now.

I can't help but wonder what her secret is that's kept her alive and active for so long. Maybe it's got something to do with the water :-*..

Edited by Astra.
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Astra. said:

It is a nice tale Psyche. The thing is tho, is that some folk really do believe in Nessie's existence..

There is absolutely nothing wrong in believing in "Nessie's existence"  its what they believe the creature to be is the problem,holding out for a prehistoric creature is slim at best however a large Eel is an option? 

2 hours ago, Iilaa'mpuul'xem said:

There is absolutely nothing wrong in believing in "Nessie's existence"  its what they believe the creature to be is the problem,holding out for a prehistoric creature is slim at best however a large Eel is an option? 

As a matter of fact Nessie is my most favourite cryptid....whilst also keeping in mind, that it's only a nice tale.

Apart from floating debris.. and a few hoaxes to boot....yes, a large eel is probably the culprit. The lake possibly swarms with the big slimy creatures. 

Edited by Astra.

I've always imagined the big eel idea is a bit like one of those diet fizzy drinks, sjpposedly all of the taste but with none of the bad bits, but that ultimately turn out to tast artificial, unsatisfying, and with a dodgy aftertaste. I think the guff about Loch Ness is best explained by people interpreting what they've seen in the light of the area's folklore. Folklore which dates back to the Spicer incident of 1933. 

• Like 1

According to wiki, the earliest report of this monster was found in writings written in the sixth century. It concerned an Irish monk who had an encounter. Hence when the folklore about Nessie was possibly born. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Loch_Ness_Monster

The earliest report of a monster in the vicinity of Loch Ness appears in the Life of St. Columba by Adomnán, written in the sixth century AD.[15] According to Adomnán, writing about a century after the events described, Irish monk Saint Columba was staying in the land of the Picts with his companions when he encountered local residents burying a man by the River Ness. They explained that the man was swimming in the river when he was attacked by a "water beast" which mauled him and dragged him underwater. Although they tried to rescue him in a boat, he was dead. Columba sent a follower, Luigne moccu Min, to swim across the river. The beast approached him, but Columba made the sign of the cross and said: "Go no further. Do not touch the man. Go back at once."[16] The creature stopped as if it had been "pulled back with ropes" and fled, and Columba's men and the Picts gave thanks for what they perceived as a miracle.

Looks a bit basking sharkish but who knows ?

34 minutes ago, Astra. said:

According to wiki, the earliest report of this monster was found in writings written in the sixth century. It concerned an Irish monk who had an encounter. Hence when the folklore about Nessie was possibly born. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Loch_Ness_Monster

St Columba's (sometimes written St Columbo) story is usually set in the River Ness not the Loch, although some authors place it elsewhere again,  without reading a reliable translation I wouldn't know. But then it probably doesn't tell us anything anyway as Celtic folklore haswater spirits/monsters in pretty much every body of water more or less. These stories are generally metaphors that deal with issues such as fear of being short changed, which is a horror deeply rooted in the Celtic psyche. 

But Nessie has nothing todo with that, it started in the 30's. 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, oldrover said:

St Columba's (sometimes written St Columbo) story is usually set in the River Ness not the Loch, although some authors place it elsewhere again,  without reading a reliable translation I wouldn't know. But then it probably doesn't tell us anything anyway as Celtic folklore haswater spirits/monsters in pretty much every body of water more or less. These stories are generally metaphors that deal with issues such as fear of being short changed, which is a horror deeply rooted in the Celtic psyche. 

But Nessie has nothing todo with that, it started in the 30's. 

It seems to me that since spirits and water monsters have been etched in Celtic folklore for such a long time ( going as far back as the sixth century) well, it stands to good reason that the Loch Ness Monster continues to survive as a popular myth regardless of the stories starting in the 30's or not. 

I like the folklore surrounding Nessie. I would love to visit that city and the lake. On the other side I agree that it looks like a raft boat. 

These may have already been posted before in other Nessie threads. But apart from Otters being known to swim in the lake, so are seals according to these articles.

http://www.iflscience.com/plants-and-animals/most-convincing-picture-of-loch-ness-monster-looks-a-lot-like-some-seals/

http://www.lochnessinvestigation.com/Seals.html

• Thanks 1

On 03/06/2018 at 4:15 AM, ~Onyx~ said:

A female deer?

A drop of golden sun.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

11 minutes ago, freetoroam said:

A drop of golden sun.

Oh gosh, lets go all the way and be done with it....

:w00t:

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

On 6/3/2018 at 2:21 PM, Astra. said:

It is a nice tale Psyche. The thing is tho, is that some folk really do believe in Nessie's existence.

As you're aware, even today people are still trying to get photographs of this elusive creature.

According to the history of this legendary monster (wiki)..well, she's been around as early as the 'sixth century' and became somewhat active again around 1933 and so forth. 

Now if they are talking about only 'one' creature here that's roaming free in the deep depths of this lake...then I'd say she'd be getting pretty long in-the-tooth by now.

I can't help but wonder what her secret is that's kept her alive and active for so long. Maybe it's got something to do with the water :-*..

That's amazing Astra, some who just never give into logic I guess. Its quaint that some still believe  but still astounding. I remember when they flooded the Loch with sonar, very long time ago now. Its more than obvious no monster lives there, but I guess its cool to think so, I know I thought Nessie was a great tale, and then Mokela Mbembe rather grabbed my interest for  while. It would be just awesome if they did exist,  but in this day and age, pretty hard to take seriously at all anymore. 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, psyche101 said:

That's amazing Astra, some who just never give into logic I guess. Its quaint that some still believe  but still astounding. I remember when they flooded the Loch with sonar, very long time ago now. Its more than obvious no monster lives there, but I guess its cool to think so, I know I thought Nessie was a great tale, and then Mokela Mbembe rather grabbed my interest for  while. It would be just awesome if they did exist,  but in this day and age, pretty hard to take seriously at all anymore. 

About 8 years ago the logging roads were about 20 miles west of Lake Tele, the supposed haunt of Mokele mbembe.  They've probably arrived by now. I think if we think about what that means, it explains a lot about why it's fun for us all to believe in monsters and wild places.

Edited by oldrover
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

Seriously?!

What are they using, a bank camera?