Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Dog Stares at Wall for Three Days

bison

A dog in the Argentine city of General Roca starred fixedly at a wall in a bus station, wagging his tail, for three days. Many people tried to distract him, or shoo him away, but Indio, the dog, was having none of that. He was away from his post only briefly, presumably to eat and drink, but would always return. His owner, who lived nearby, finally took Indio away and confined him at home, or he would presumably still be staring at that wall. Now what did that dog see, and at whom was he wagging his tail?

Please find a link to an article with further details, including a photo of the dog, staring and wagging, below:

https://www.odditycentral.com/animals/dog-spends-three-days-staring-at-blue-wall-and-no-one-can-explain-why.html  

Edited by bison
corrected misspelling, corrected link address
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1

The article mentions that a veterinarian was called in, but even he could not find an explanation for the dog's behavior. Since Indio repeatedly sought out the same wall, in a public space, dementia or seizures might be less likely.

Compulsive or attention seeking behavior is possible, I suppose, but again, why always the same spot, and away from home? I'd think a dog would be more likely to seek the attention of his owner, rather than strangers.  Then, too, he seems to have been more interested in what he saw at the wall, than in the strangers who paid him attention. People tried to distract him, apparently without success.   

Edited by bison
added information
  • Like 4

I have a 2-year-old Cockapoo that will fixate on shadows that move under a tree and stay there for hours - even in summer heat.  I've never seen anything like it.  She doesn't just stand and stare, though.  She attempts to pounce on the movement.  I guess it's the Cocker Spaniel in her lineage.  You'd think the Poodle in her would know better :w00t:

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

The video is a bit sad really seeing the dog standing there facing the wall, it was wagging it's tail though so I guess that's a good sign. I got the impression it was hearing something.

• Like 3

Dogs don't see particularly well at close range, so he could be relying on hearing or scent. Mice in the wall, maybe. People, who have inferior senses of hearing and smell to dogs, might well miss such subtle clues. Still, one wonders why this possibility wouldn't have been thought of and investigated, since there seems to be so much interest in this peculiar little story.   

Edited by bison
improved word choice
  • Like 3

This is very curious.

You can see that the dog is enjoying the company!  He is either seeing something/someone, or thinks he is.

• Like 5

A dog in the Argentine city of General Roca starred fixedly at a wall in a bus station, wagging his tail, for three days.

Sounds like somebody's bow wow might have gotten some cannabis slipped into their chow chow.

• Haha 1

That's creepy. Of course, as we all know from many hauntings, dogs and other animals can see and sense things that humans can't.

Edited by Black Monk
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, and then said:

I have a 2-year-old Cockapoo that will fixate on shadows that move under a tree and stay there for hours - even in summer heat.  I've never seen anything like it.  She doesn't just stand and stare, though.  She attempts to pounce on the movement.  I guess it's the Cocker Spaniel in her lineage.  You'd think the Poodle in her would know better :w00t:

Just get a Rottweiler much easier to anticipate.

Also the staring is the first sign of dementia in dogs.

Edited by danydandan

Dogs are very gullible when it comes to believing hipster feng shui consultants.

• Like 1

Almost as crazy as a pastor imagining god wants him to have his 4th private jet 'to be able visit Him', and people actually believing it.

All is relative, especially with the Folly of Man in the mix.

• Like 1

When people have done this for that length of time, some professionals consider it a "psyche" issue.

Not sure about dogs, though.

My cat stares at "nothing" regularly. Either some animals can sense things we can't, or they have simple (and easily broken) minds, lol.

Edited by Seti42
  • Like 1

If you spell God backwards it's Dog. Just sayn'. At least he seems happy. There could even be a bug or something we can't see in the video. Someone could be talking to the Dog behind the wall. I don't always trust videos.

Maybe that wall used to contain a back door, or a refrigerator.

Article does say the dog has went to the Vet and appears NORMAL.  So, probably something weird about that wall, instead of the dog having health issues.

Edited by DragonFire22

Wait, those people in the video calling this dog, aren't it's owners?

Then maybe explanation is simple, the dog is just waiting for the past owner that left it at the bus station?

Edited by DragonFire22

4 hours ago, DragonFire22 said:

Wait, those people in the video calling this dog, aren't it's owners?

Then maybe explanation is simple, the dog is just waiting for the past owner that left it at the bus station?

This doesn't add up.

If a dog is left by its owner, it will look in the direction the owner walks off in.  Also, remember that this dog isn't tethered, so he could've just walked home at any time!

He is clearly enjoying whatever is happening at the wall.

On ‎6‎/‎1‎/‎2018 at 4:04 PM, acute said:

This is very curious.

You can see that the dog is enjoying the company!  He is either seeing something/someone, or thinks he is.

Maybe he saw into another dimension and liked what he saw.  My problem with the whole thing is it took his owner three days to come and get him?  Sounds like the owner needs to go to the vet.... I mean doctor.

Have they tried to

18 hours ago, acute said:

This doesn't add up.

If a dog is left by its owner, it will look in the direction the owner walks off in.  Also, remember that this dog isn't tethered, so he could've just walked home at any time!

He is clearly enjoying whatever is happening at the wall.

I wonder if they thought of sending more dogs to that station see if the other dogs have the same reaction to the wall?

And, any updates on this?

It's reported that his owner took Indio, the dog, home, and kept him there, after three days of the staring behavior, out of concern for his safety. A veterinarian  examined Indio, but could find nothing the matter with him.