Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Riddle of ancient Egyptian coin in Australia

Unusual Tournament

2 minutes ago, Captain Risky said:

you did compare the Roman emperors pleasure craft with the Ptolemy dingy so please stop with you innocent protestations.

I don't think you understood the comparison. I compared purpose, not size. That was accurate.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Captain Risky said:

This is what you wrote?

Yes. What of it?

52 minutes ago, Captain Risky said:

the problem with the education system in the U.S. is that money is regularly diverted from the worthy educational program ‘comprehension 101’ into building ever increasingly BIG aircraft carriers to eclipse those of the Ptolemy dynasty. I recommend you read the link before posting any further.

I assume that was intended for kmt.

I also assume you're referring to this: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tessarakonteres

Note the dimensions and the commentary by Plutarch.

• Like 2

On ‎6‎/‎4‎/‎2018 at 12:09 AM, Captain Risky said:

For those still interested in the facts... the dude that minted the coin ( or rather had it minted ), was none other than Ptolomy lV who was famous for building the biggest ship of its time. In fact it was the size of a modern aircraft carrier. I wonder why he would need to build a ship that big...?

To spend coins on Vegemite?

Harte

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, Captain Risky said:

according to the history channel... they described it a big as a modern aircraft carrier.

Wait, let me guess:

"Ancient Alien Theorists believe..."

Am I right?

Harte

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

16 hours ago, kmt_sesh said:

I don't think you understood the comparison. I compared purpose, not size. That was accurate.

I suggest he reread the entire thread. He's lacking. Probably always cut his "comprehension 101" class.

Harte

• Like 1
  • Haha 1