Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Faith, a want or a need?

danydandan

2 hours ago, XenoFish said:

Do we really have dominion over the animal kingdom? Last I checked we still get killed by wild animals. We are not the strongest, most agile, we can not handle the environment nude very well. We are a poor animal, only redeeming quality we have is our brains.

I'm not saying we should, but if we wanted to we could declare war on the animal kingdom and wipe them all out. It would be stupid, of course. Humans have the most advanced brain and physical features to accommodate our brain. Now had the great whales had our physical features we might be in some trouble, especially where Killer whales are concerned. Whales are highly intelligent creatures without a doubt. Yet they do not fly in the air and we can do this without having natural wings of our own. Whales do not construct tall buildings, make musical instruments, or take flights out into space or land on the moon. We humans are without a doubt unique among all God's creation. The animals have instincts but we live by the law of God. But when we don't live by God's laws we become less than the animals of the wild kingdom. 

13 hours ago, Ploughboy said:

If Christianity were allowed to thrive then the churches could raise more money for charity and relief efforts than the Federal government could ever dream of raising and that's the truth! The homeless would have a home and the hungry fed.

Really?  Really & truly?

Then what the feck is stopping the churches from doing this? In the U.S., churches (and their properties) are not taxed. 

As an example if the Roman Catholic church sold 1/3 of its art & rare book collection, it is estimated that they could feed and house the homeless across the globe. 

And just for giggles, how much does YOUR church rake in? Tithes? Weekly collections? Who pays for your preachers home & needs?

• Like 4

9 hours ago, Ploughboy said:

I'm not saying we should, but if we wanted to we could declare war on the animal kingdom and wipe them all out. It would be stupid, of course. Humans have the most advanced brain and physical features to accommodate our brain. Now had the great whales had our physical features we might be in some trouble, especially where Killer whales are concerned. Whales are highly intelligent creatures without a doubt. Yet they do not fly in the air and we can do this without having natural wings of our own. Whales do not construct tall buildings, make musical instruments, or take flights out into space or land on the moon. We humans are without a doubt unique among all God's creation. The animals have instincts but we live by the law of God. But when we don't live by God's laws we become less than the animals of the wild kingdom. 

I think you grossly overestimate our place in the animal kingdom. Yeah, let's follow "god's laws", I wonder how well that works out for the middle east?

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

On 6/17/2018 at 10:27 AM, Will Due said:

Not at all. "God does not play dice with the universe."

But from my point of view, I see that God is "stacking the deck" with every personal experience I have with him. These experiences occur on the inside, and encourage me to follow him.

I do this because I realize the importance of becoming more and more like him. Which is easy. However the effort fails me much of the time, usually due to being either stubborn or too immature.

I bet you often see things in the clouds that others don't. 

• Haha 2

54 minutes ago, davros of skaro said:

I bet you often see things in the clouds that others don't. 

You shouldn't be gambling Davros. What if you lose what you don't have?

Early man lived in uncertainty and in constant fear of chance—bad luck. Life was an exciting game of chance; existence was a gamble. It is no wonder that partially civilized people still believe in chance and evince lingering predispositions to gambling. Primitive man alternated between two potent interests: the passion of getting something for nothing and the fear of getting nothing for something. And this gamble of existence was the main interest and the supreme fascination of the early savage mind.

Spoiler

The Urantia Book, c1934

17 minutes ago, Will Due said:

You shouldn't be gambling Davros. What if you lose what you don't have?

What if what you have is a loose loose?

gaming-and-gambling-addiction-apprehesiv

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, davros of skaro said:

What if what you have is a loose loose?

Then, because of the double negative, I'll be a winner! :D But I'll have to tie both of my shoes.

Edited by Will Due
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Will Due said:

Then, because of the double negative, I'll be a winner! :D And I'll have to tie both of my shoes.

My advice. 

Don't ever learn classical arabic, and read the Quran.

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...