Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Protests Turn Violent In Portland

susieice

Just seeing this on the news now. Protests in Portland, Oregon have gotten violent as Antifa and the Patriot Prayer group clash. People in the downtown area were warned by police that they could get caught in the middle. It is unknown how many have been arrested.

http://www.koin.com/news/local/multnomah-county/patriot-prayer-antifa-in-portland-june-3-2018/1215695472

https://www.seattlepi.com/news/article/Protests-turn-violent-in-downtown-Portland-12964578.php?cmpid=fbsocialflow

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, susieice said:

Just seeing this on the news now. Protests in Portland, Oregon have gotten violent as Antifa and the Patriot Prayer group clash. People in the downtown area were warned by police that they could get caught in the middle. It is unknown how many have been arrested.

http://www.koin.com/news/local/multnomah-county/patriot-prayer-antifa-in-portland-june-3-2018/1215695472

https://www.seattlepi.com/news/article/Protests-turn-violent-in-downtown-Portland-12964578.php?cmpid=fbsocialflow

Hopefully this kind of stuff will remain relegated to the extreme fringes. 

• Like 5

Coming soon from the Left - they started it.

Coming soon from the Right - they started it. 

The media will take sides, no middle ground. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

The media will take sides, no middle ground. 

Hopefully the media AND the government will not choose a side. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

Hopefully the media AND the government will not choose a side. 

Har har 

“there were bad dudes on both sides.” Will be the Presidential Twit’s tweet.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, seanjo said:

Aren't the ironically named antifa an illegal group now?

I thought they had became taboo but maybe it was just a lack of reporting that gave that impression.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

Har har 

“there were bad dudes on both sides.” Will be the Presidential Twit’s tweet.

Trump was right. There were bad people and good people on both sides. I saw live streams of the Charlottesville march. Trump was condemned after he told the truth.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Paranormal Panther said:

Trump was right. There were bad people and good people on both sides. I saw live streams of the Charlottesville march. Trump was condemned after he told the truth.

UGH I SO BADLY wanted to pass this by because you and I have discussed it to death but damnit I just cant 

Marching with Nazis = not very fine people. Its really really simple math. 

Ok im sorry im out now. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Speaking as a left-wing progressive, I fully and 100% condemn any and all violence committed in the name of advancing any ideology, especially my own. Therefore I strongly oppose Antifa, as well as any other organization, whenever and if ever their protests become violent.

Conservatives, take note. This ^ is what it means to make a principled stance.

This isn't about partisan politics. Violence as a means of spreading one's political ideology of any kind is unacceptable, and should be condemned whenever either side does so. That is why it's sad to see people on the right who continue to defend for instance the protests in Charlottesville, or ignore the numerous other violent protests on the right whilst calling out violent protests on the left. Both sides are susceptible to extremism, both sides are susceptible to violence, and neither side should point out the violence on their opponent's side whilst ignoring the same violence on their own.

Edited by Aquila King
Exhaustion brings typos... Lots of typos...
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Funny since both groups seem to embrace the same ideology and agenda

11 hours ago, Aquila King said:

Speaking as a left-wing progressive, I fully and 100% condemn any and all violence committed in the name of advancing any ideology, especially my own. Therefore I strongly oppose Antifa, as well as any other organization, whenever and if ever their protests become violent.

Conservatives, take note. This ^ is what it means to make a principled stance.

This isn't about partisan politics. Violence as a means of spreading one's political ideology of any kind is unacceptable, and should be condemned whenever either side does so. That is why it's sad to see people on the right who continue to defend for instance the protests in Charlottesville, or ignore the numerous other violent protests on the right whilst calling out violent protests on the left. Both sides are susceptible to extremism, both sides are susceptible to violence, and neither side should point out the violence on their opponent's side whilst ignoring the same violence on their own.

I agree with you here AK. Violence and rioting is not acceptable...ever!

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, Farmer77 said:

UGH I SO BADLY wanted to pass this by because you and I have discussed it to death but damnit I just cant 

Marching with Nazis = not very fine people. Its really really simple math. 

Ok im sorry im out now. 

They weren't Nazis, though. It's really, really a simple fact. Trump was absolutely right when he said that there were bad people and good people on both sides. I'm not gonna lie to support BS versions of the reality of the situation.

• Like 1