Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Neanderthals Created God

joc

6 minutes ago, Jodie.Lynne said:

I just realized something. I don't know why it never occurred to me before.

The last 6 words of this verse: "male and female he created them".

If god made a male and a female, then why does it later say that he had to take a rib and make a woman to be a 'helpmate' for Adam?

It is all pretty much gobbledy gook.  It really doesn't make any sense when compared to our understanding of the universe.  It does show one thing though...the author's new 'how to count'...had experience with the bones of the dead...how else would they have known that a man has one rib more than a woman....awww...God took it and made woman out of it....makes perfect sense now...thank you to our Neanderthalic Ancestors for 'splaining this so fully and accurately.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Buzz_Light_Year said:

Astrophysicist Neil deGrasse Tyson on explaining the Big Bang said at that moment he said "Let there be light", because at that point in time is when light was created. So the formation of the solar systems, stars and planets would naturally follow. So the creation of the sun as a source of light on the 4th day is in keeping with the account in Genesis.

The Early Universe

After the Big Bang, the universe was like a hot soup of particles (i.e. protons, neutrons, and electrons). When the universe started cooling, the protons and neutrons began combining into ionized atoms of hydrogen (and eventually some helium). These ionized atoms of hydrogen and helium attracted electrons, turning them into neutral atoms - which allowed light to travel freely for the first time, since this light was no longer scattering off free electrons. The universe was no longer opaque! However, it would still be some time (perhaps up to a few hundred million years post-Big Bang!) before the first sources of light would start to form, ending the cosmic dark ages. Exactly what the universe's first light (ie. stars that fused the existing hydrogen atoms into more helium) looked like, and exactly when these first stars formed is not known. These are some of the questions Webb was designed to help us to answer. See also our Q&A with John Mather about the Big Bang.

https://jwst.nasa.gov/firstlight.html

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, joc said:

No it is most certainly not!   Apparently  you have never even read Genesis.  Might be a starting point for understanding.  So...tell you what I'm gonna do for you Buzz old pal...I am going to ...slow walk..you through it.  My words shall be written in red...

Book of Genesis:  Chapter 1
King James Version

1:1  In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth. 

Notice it doesn't say heavenS.   Heaven was the sky.

1:2  And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.

Clearly describing a time when there was no light...but there was water...it says waters...as in the oceans all just kind of floating around out there...the problem is Buzz...without light there would have been no  'waters'...only chunks of frozen water...commonly known as ice...

1:3  And God said, Let there be light: and there was light. 

So the Astrophysicist says that everything 'naturally followed' that event.  But wait...there were waters before that happened.  So hence forth, we shall go with the 'naturally followed' thought process....Let's go...

1:4  And God saw the light, that it was good: and God divided the light from the darkness. 

Now, God divides the light from the darkness...how exactly did he do that Buzz?  How do you divide the light from the darkness?  

1:5  And God called the light Day, and the darkness he called Night. And the evening and the morning were the first day. 

Awww....I see now...He called the light DAY  and the darkness NIGHT!  And there was evening and then there was morning...and that my friend was the first day.  The problem here Buzz, is that Day and Night are caused specifically by the rotation of the Earth...with the Sun shining down on it.  No sun...no Day...get it?

1:6  And God said, Let there be a firmament in the midst of the waters, and let it divide the waters from the waters. 

Like a big bubble?  And the bubble became...our atmosphere...hmmmm.

1:7  And God made the firmament, and divided the waters which were under the firmament from the waters which were above the firmament: and it was so. 

Gobbledy Gook

1:8  And God called the firmament Heaven. And the evening and the morning were the second day.

So, we have the sky with water above it and below it...makes perfect astrophysical sense doesn't it.

1:9  And God said, Let the waters under the heaven be gathered together unto one place, and let the dry land appear: and it was so. 

Somehow, under all that water was the Earth and once God 'gathered together' all the water into one place...wallah...dry land appeared.  I thought the Earth was void and without form....but no...it was just hanging out under all them waters...

1:10  And God called the dry land Earth; and the gathering together of the waters called he Seas: and God saw that it was good. 

Dry land...good.  We like dry land.

1:11  And God said, Let the earth bring forth grass, the herb yielding seed, and the fruit tree yielding fruit after his kind, whose seed is in itself, upon the earth: and it was so. 

k...follow closely here Buzz...THIS is important:  We have no sun as of yet...but we do have the 'natural following' of things right?  That natural following would be grass and trees upon the Earth which has no sun...but wait...there was light, sorry I forgot...where exactly was this light shining from?  Gods table top work bench light?

1:12  And the earth brought forth grass, and herb yielding seed after his kind, and the tree yielding fruit, whose seed was in itself, after his kind: and God saw that it was good. 

so god planted the earth before he created the sun.  Does that really make any sense to you Buzz?

1:13  And the evening and the morning were the third day. 

we are three days in and still no sun....interesting...we have grass and trees...but no sun....just light from some mysterious somewhere...it had to be a light with a timer...how else would you divide the light from the darkness

1:14  And God said, Let there be lights in the firmament of the heaven to divide the day from the night; and let them be for signs, and for seasons, and for days, and years: 

Now are you as totally confused as I am?  He put lights in the sky...finally...to divide the day from the night...didn't we already cover that though?  He must have been putting the Stars up there...for signs and for seasons and for days and years....awww...got it!  He created the astronomical calendar.

1:15  And let them be for lights in the firmament of the heaven to give light upon the earth: and it was so. 

whoa...what?  to give light upon the earth?  I thought we already had light upon the earth.  and that it was divided from the darkness into days and nights...

1:16  And God made two great lights; the greater light to rule the day, and the lesser light to rule the night: he made the stars also. 

two great lights he made...one to rule the day and one to rule the night...but Buzz...the moon has no light...it is not a light.  It is a cold dark orb orbiting the earth which only has light when the sun is reflecting off of it.

1:17  And God set them in the firmament of the heaven to give light upon the earth, 

Again...we had light on the earth from the beginning....remember...he separated it from the darkness...

1:18  And to rule over the day and over the night, and to divide the light from the darkness: and God saw that it was good. 

to divide the light from the darkness....so here we are...the fourth day...and so, I guess...now we don't need God's timer light to shine on earth anymore...now we have the sun to divide the light from the darkness.

1:19  And the evening and the morning were the fourth day. 

1:20  And God said, Let the waters bring forth abundantly the moving creature that hath life, and fowl that may fly above the earth in the open firmament of heaven. 

1:21  And God created great whales, and every living creature that moveth, which the waters brought forth abundantly, after their kind, and every winged fowl after his kind: and God saw that it was good. 

1:22  And God blessed them, saying, Be fruitful, and multiply, and fill the waters in the seas, and let fowl multiply in the earth. 

1:23  And the evening and the morning were the fifth day. 

1:24  And God said, Let the earth bring forth the living creature after his kind, cattle, and creeping thing, and beast of the earth after his kind: and it was so. 

1:25  And God made the beast of the earth after his kind, and cattle after their kind, and every thing that creepeth upon the earth after his kind: and God saw that it was good. 

1:26  And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.

1:27  So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them. 

1:28  And God blessed them, and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth. 

1:29  And God said, Behold, I have given you every herb bearing seed, which is upon the face of all the earth, and every tree, in the which is the fruit of a tree yielding seed; to you it shall be for meat. 

1:30  And to every beast of the earth, and to every fowl of the air, and to every thing that creepeth upon the earth, wherein there is life, I have given every green herb for meat: and it was so. 

1:31  And God saw every thing that he had made, and, behold, it was very good. And the evening and the morning were the sixth day. 

Obviously Buzz...this timeline..this 'story' does not fit an astrophysical 'natural following' of ANYTHING!!!

Excellent Post.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

If we are talking bible stuff that makes ya wonder......  I like how 12 Apostles in that place and time were named Mathew,.., Mark,, Luke,,John,..Andrew..Simon,..Thomas,..Peter,..and the like..

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, lightly said:

If we are talking bible stuff that makes ya wonder......  I like how 12 Apostles in that place and time were named Mathew,.., Mark,, Luke,,John,..Andrew..Simon,..Thomas,..Peter,..and the like..

All common English names. Proving God is an Englishman.  Simples :D 

• Haha 4

26 minutes ago, Essan said:

Pffft, God is clearly Argentinian. Goes by the name of Messi. Because you can't spell Messiah without Messi.

Edited by danydandan
  • Like 1

On 6/21/2018 at 4:40 AM, lightly said:

Always wondered why the name "Judas" wasn't more popular...Never seemed to catch on lol.

Edited by Horta
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 6/20/2018 at 1:14 PM, Essan said:

Hi Essan

According to one member here aliens speak and gave us English, so that would make aliens Englishmen. Unless they are Englalien hybrids.

jmccr8

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, jmccr8 said:

Hi Essan

According to one member here aliens speak and gave us English, so that would make aliens Englishmen. Unless they are Englalien hybrids.

jmccr8

Obviously there's been a slight misunderstanding here.   Aliens didn't give us English, we gave it to them.   It's why they visit Earth - to learn God's language.   The biggest Intergalactic Language School this side of the Orion Nebula is in Glastonbury Tor :D 

Edit: that's also why Jesus visited Glastonbury.   To learn English.  See, all starts making sense :D 

Edited by Essan
  • Haha 1

On 6/22/2018 at 5:01 AM, jmccr8 said:

Hi Essan

jmccr8

Ha! I've heard a lot of nonsense, but this one is new to me. I guess it's just a coincidence that English has very clear, observable, and well-understood connections to other Germanic languages. Those pesky facts get in the way of a good Alien Origin Story!

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Podo said:

Ha! I've heard a lot of nonsense, but this one is new to me. I guess it's just a coincidence that English has very clear, observable, and well-understood connections to other Germanic languages. Those pesky facts get in the way of a good Alien Origin Story!

Hi Podo

Yeah well some people hide all the useful stuff in the closet or under the bed.

jmccr8

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 6/22/2018 at 7:12 AM, Essan said:

Obviously there's been a slight misunderstanding here.   Aliens didn't give us English, we gave it to them.   It's why they visit Earth - to learn God's language.   The biggest Intergalactic Language School this side of the Orion Nebula is in Glastonbury Tor :D 

Edit: that's also why Jesus visited Glastonbury.   To learn English.  See, all starts making sense :D 

And here I thought it was to give King Arthur Excalibur. :w00t:

cormac

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, Podo said:

well duh! Every alien I've ever seen speaks English!

Except Jabba the Hutt, but that's just because he is contrary.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

I see joc hasn't got a response yet from Buzz lightyear. That was a good ass spanking.

• Haha 4

On 22/06/2018 at 1:01 PM, jmccr8 said:

....so that would make aliens Englishmen. Unless they are Englalien hybrids.

I've definitely met a couple who'd fall into that category. 

• Haha 1