Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Is Egypt The World's Oldest Book of Astronomy

Ahatmose

44 minutes ago, Ahatmose said:

All I am saying is that all the myths and all the writings are from after the pyramids in question were built. You cannot apply later myths and superstitions to the period before they were written down. Even now the real meaning of the pyramid texts remains elusive

To you, perhaps. To those of us with ancient Egyptian studies, no it doesn't.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, Ahatmose said:

Most of what you quote is from later dynasties ... Finding accounts from the period in question is very difficult .. try it ... Try to find an image of a God from the 3rd or 4th dynasty and then try to find an account of the myths ... It was all created after the pyramids in question were built

If you can't find images of the deities from those dynasties, you haven't been looking very hard. Look at the reliefs and paintings in the tomb chapels. Anubis is everywhere and, later, Osiris. Horus is everywhere, even Set is plentiful. Hathor if common. Think of Menkaure's triad statues. And there's also the Great Sphinx, a god himself.

The Pyramid Texts contain a lot of the narratives of the Heliopolitan myths, and we know those Texts originated in the culture long before they were first put to stone. For that matter, the pyramids themselves represent, in one sense, the Mound of Creation, a concept underpinning many of the oldest myths of the Nile Valley.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

54 minutes ago, danydandan said:

Don't make assumptions, it's unbecoming. I don't believe they had knowledge of the mathematical tools we have.

Specifically decimal systems, fractions or the concept of square roots of numbers.

There is probably some accuracy in saying the ancient Egyptian had some basic familiarity with fractions.

But decimal points, square root, phi, pi? No, of course not. Such thinking is highly anachronistic. There are very detailed, extant mathematical papyri that demonstrate their mathematical acumen, so there is no reason to force the modern into the ancient. The ancients told us what they knew (and, by extension, didn't).

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Opus Magnus said:

When the moderators themselves can't do math, it's no surprise the forum is breaking down, and overrun with trolls that the mods themselves support.

Oh, please stop whining and playing the drama queen. As it is, about 1% of the threads in Alternative History have anything to do with math.

Now, please, either contribute to the thread or go find somewhere else to play.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

I much preferred the 'Atlantis was in Greenland' thread. The graphics and maps were far superior.

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

Just now, Likely Guy said:

I much preferred the 'Atlantis was in Greenland' thread. The graphics and maps were far superior.

And there were petticoats and mincing. The pyramids don't wear petticoats, and they don't mince.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

The arithmetic failings continue.

So far nothing posted by Ahatmose shows anything worth considering. It's the trip of a flim flam artist.

If the AE had some knowledge of the cosmos they would have produced some simple concepts such as:

1. The number of Moons of Mars
  2. The number of Moons of Jupiter
  3. The rings of Saturn
  4. The asteroid belt
  5. The phases of Venus

The mindless jabberings by Ahatmose do tell us about the solar system. They do not tell us about even things that the AE could have seen such as meteor showers, comets, eclipses, the length of the year to 5 significant digits, the 19.5 year cycle of the Moon, sun spots, the solar cycle, etc.

It is 19 years of life wasted in the mindlessness of numerology using atrocious arithmetic.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, danydandan said:

Are you a Gary Osborn fan?

Never cared for the Osborns.

I always like Gary Puckett though.

Harte

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

YAY I’m on someone’s ignore list.

Now you've hit the Big Time.

Harte

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, kmt_sesh said:

There is probably some accuracy in saying the ancient Egyptian had some basic familiarity with fractions.

But decimal points, square root, phi, pi? No, of course not. Such thinking is highly anachronistic. There are very detailed, extant mathematical papyri that demonstrate their mathematical acumen, so there is no reason to force the modern into the ancient. The ancients told us what they knew (and, by extension, didn't).

The AE's knew the square root of 3 indirectly. Same with the square root of two.

If you make a diagonal in a rectangle twice as long as the short side of the rectangle, the rectangle's long side is equal to the square root of 3, taking the short side as one.

Also, for a one by one square, the diagonal is equal to the square root of 2.

Pi and phi they didn't know, but they probably knew how to construct the "golden rectangle." You can do it with compass and straightedge (two strings and some stakes.) Takes about three steps.

Harte

• Like 1

And there were petticoats and mincing. The pyramids don't wear petticoats, and they don't mince.

Not that we know of, anyway.

Harte

1 hour ago, stereologist said:

The arithmetic failings continue.

So far nothing posted by Ahatmose shows anything worth considering. It's the trip of a flim flam artist.

If the AE had some knowledge of the cosmos they would have produced some simple concepts such as:

1. The number of Moons of Mars
  2. The number of Moons of Jupiter
  3. The rings of Saturn
  4. The asteroid belt
  5. The phases of Venus

The mindless jabberings by Ahatmose do tell us about the solar system. They do not tell us about even things that the AE could have seen such as meteor showers, comets, eclipses, the length of the year to 5 significant digits, the 19.5 year cycle of the Moon, sun spots, the solar cycle, etc.

It is 19 years of life wasted in the mindlessness of numerology using atrocious arithmetic.

Well, the same thing happened to Sir Isaac Newton, except for the atrocious arithmetic.

Harte

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, stereologist said:

It's not necessarily a con. (I mean, if it were, it would be an awful one, as only one person here seems to think the OP is right.)

The OP could just be *SNIP*. I'm not saying he IS, just mentioing that it's an open possibility.

*How about saying really misinformed and honestly believes in it?*

--Jaylemurph

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

If you can't find images of the deities from those dynasties, you haven't been looking very hard. Look at the reliefs and paintings in the tomb chapels. Anubis is everywhere and, later, Osiris. Horus is everywhere, even Set is plentiful. Hathor if common. Think of Menkaure's triad statues. And there's also the Great Sphinx, a god himself.

The Pyramid Texts contain a lot of the narratives of the Heliopolitan myths, and we know those Texts originated in the culture long before they were first put to stone. For that matter, the pyramids themselves represent, in one sense, the Mound of Creation, a concept underpinning many of the oldest myths of the Nile Valley.

"and we know those Texts originated in the culture long before they were first put to stone" Just curious ... how do we know this ?

The oldest known textual mention of Anubis is in the Pyramid Texts of the Old Kingdom (c. 2686 – c. 2181 BC), where he is associated with the burial of the pharaoh.[19]

I agree Hathor is in your face at Menkarre

But this is not what this tread is about. It is about the mathematical matches between our solar system and The Pyramids of Egypt and I will only deal with those inquiries in the future

regards

20 minutes ago, jaylemurph said:

only one person here seems to think the OP is right.)

Alfred Wegener eat your heart out.

• Confused 1

4 hours ago, kmt_sesh said:

To you, perhaps. To those of us with ancient Egyptian studies, no it doesn't.

Oh great then you can tell me exactly what The Duat is.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Duat

a 3rd or 4th dynasty source would be much appreciate,

Edited by Ahatmose

15 minutes ago, Ahatmose said:

The oldest known textual mention of Anubis is in the Pyramid Texts of the Old Kingdom (c. 2686 – c. 2181 BC), where he is associated with the burial of the pharaoh.[19]

I don't want to derail your thread, but I have to respond when I see something like this—which is patently incorrect. Anubis is one of the most ancient deities of dynastic Egypt. For goodness sake, the oldest inscribed stela in the Egyptian exhibit where I work is from Dynasty 3, and contains a prayer to Anubis for the man who owned the tablet. I've translated it.

I won't tale up more time, other than to suggest you look into it if you doubt me. There are images of Anubis going back into the Early Dynastic Period. Look at other objects to see depictions of Egyptian deities from the earliest periods. The famous Narmer Palette, for instance, has a handsome image of the falcon god Horus and the ancient cow goddess Bat.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, Ahatmose said:

"and we know those Texts originated in the culture long before they were first put to stone" Just curious ... how do we know this ?

I agree Hathor is in your face at Menkarre

But this is not what this tread is about. It is about the mathematical matches between our solar system and The Pyramids of Egypt and I will only deal with those inquiries in the future

In light of your remark, I find your second response after it...

24 minutes ago, Ahatmose said:

...rather ironic.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, Ahatmose said:

I sense you don't give a whit what my explanation for the Duat would be. Why not stop beating around the bush and just tell us what your interpretation of it is? Then we can go from there.

• Like 5

(Part One of Two)

Hi everyone,

Ahole has sent me his latest chapter for a critical appraisal.  I can assure you it’s up to the same standard as his previous work.  Enjoy!

Other sciences at Giza

Now for the next chapter in our quest for knowledge.  How is it possible that the Ancient Egyptians knew about blue whales, bacteria, unicorns, polar bears and other ‘extinct’ animals?  Where did they get that knowledge from?

I started thinking about this nearly twenty minutes ago and I have the solution but you won’t believe me until I produce some intricate and confusing diagrams.  So I will help you.

I was thinking that the pillars at Gobekli Tepe (GT) show lots of animals, some of which have been identified - but by whom?  Wikipedia says that the chief archaeologist is Klaus Schmidt but when I looked him up he isn’t even alive, so how can he be there?  Why has he only shown us six of the fifty rings buried there?  What else has he hidden from us and what can they tell us about the people who carved them?

First I looked at this picture.  Are we really supposed to believe this is twenty thousand years old?

image.png.3b2876cec2047c2e9a765bc3f5fead86.png

Of course not!  It would be weathered by now so I think it is really four thousand years old.  Then I looked closely at the end and what can you see?

image.png.45288c57ca61af4b522ebdce0a83d34f.png   image.png.5914f8491ad2cd12a2d671d03b1afe73.png  

Coincidence?!?!?!

The people who built GT were the same people who built the Bent Pyramid of Sneferu. 

So having proven than the AEs built GT I tried looking for more evidence hidden at Giza and guess what I found?

image.png.c8b87dc4d5c607adc5f37a38de8026d6.png

What is the first thing you see?  TWO LARGE PYRAMIDS.  This is because the AEs knew THERE ARE TWO KINDS OF ANIMALS – MALES AND FEMALES.  When the animals went into the ark did they go alone? in threes? no! they went in twos – a MALE and a FEMALE of each kind.  The AEs must have written the story of Noah, which shows that the Flood happened in Egypt.  And I have already shown that when the Flood happened Giza was the geocentre of the Earth.  Aren’t I brilliant?!

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

(Part Two of Two.)

What are all the other structures?  These are obviously offspring.  This shows that the AEs knew ANIMALS HAVE BABIES.  But there is even more:

G1 is slightly bigger than G2.  This is because MALES ARE BIGGER THAN FEMALES.  How could the AEs have known that?  Then I started drawing lines:

image.png.09f1999fa6224ec5fde7deab3a6a1913.png

See how the line connects the corners of G1 (male) and G2 (female), misses G3 (1st generation offspring) and hits the 2nd generation offspring?  This shows that genetic features are passed down from parents but can skip generations.  The AEs knew about heredity!  Did they also know about DNA?  Is this coded somewhere at Giza?  I started to look:

image.png.a271e00893d7035112baf2de3e66244a.png

Is it really by chance that the distance from G1 to G2 exactly fits one strand of DNA???

image.png.4f65be2feddcede1ea0bd0c762d78b38.png

See how the green line divides the word plateau to give us “Giza Plate”?  Did the AEs know about plate tectonics?  How did they know this unless they had exact measurements of the world over millions of years?  THINK ABOUT IT.  Where do YOU think they got this knowledge from?

image.png.b87cfbc1d4737b728d1310c66a4fac5f.png

The large circle represents the circle of life.  It also shows GT to scale!  Coincidence???

In my next chapter I will show how the AEs knew about the dark side of the Moon, the expansion of the Universe, the cure for cancer and the correct way to hold a teacup.

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

7 hours ago, jaylemurph said:

It's not necessarily a con. (I mean, if it were, it would be an awful one, as only one person here seems to think the OP is right.)

The OP could just be really, really dumb and believe this ****. I'm not saying he IS, just mentioing that it's an open possibility.

--Jaylemurph

I think it is a con. It is part of his effort to pretend that there is a creator. He wants to show that there is an intelligent designer and he seems willing to go to any lengths to create that illusion.

That becomes evident from other places where he has spewed this idea.

It has been a copy-paste operation from his blog from early on with little to no allowed commentary.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Harte said:

Well, the same thing happened to Sir Isaac Newton, except for the atrocious arithmetic.

Harte

But Newton did not create a system focused on what was known. He did make predictions using his methods such as the gravity inside of the Earth.

His work was shown to apply to a wide variety of phenomenon and is extendable unlike the rubbish posted here.

Unlike this rubbish Newton knew that his work applied to phenomenon with a high degree of precision, but allowed for it to be wrong.

Newton did not compare values of different units of measure.

Predictions made by Newton include:

1. That the Earth is not uniformly dense

2. That all parts of an object contribute to gravity

Predictions made by others using Newton's work:

1. Uranus

2. Neptune

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Tom the Photon said:

(Part One of Two)

Hi everyone,

Ahole has sent me his latest chapter for a critical appraisal.  I can assure you it’s up to the same standard as his previous work.  Enjoy!

Other sciences at Giza

Now for the next chapter in our quest for knowledge.  How is it possible that the Ancient Egyptians knew about blue whales, bacteria, unicorns, polar bears and other ‘extinct’ animals?  Where did they get that knowledge from?

I started thinking about this nearly twenty minutes ago and I have the solution but you won’t believe me until I produce some intricate and confusing diagrams.  So I will help you.

I was thinking that the pillars at Gobekli Tepe (GT) show lots of animals, some of which have been identified - but by whom?  Wikipedia says that the chief archaeologist is Klaus Schmidt but when I looked him up he isn’t even alive, so how can he be there?  Why has he only shown us six of the fifty rings buried there?  What else has he hidden from us and what can they tell us about the people who carved them?

First I looked at this picture.  Are we really supposed to believe this is twenty thousand years old?

image.png.3b2876cec2047c2e9a765bc3f5fead86.png

Of course not!  It would be weathered by now so I think it is really four thousand years old.  Then I looked closely at the end and what can you see?

image.png.45288c57ca61af4b522ebdce0a83d34f.png   image.png.5914f8491ad2cd12a2d671d03b1afe73.png  

Coincidence?!?!?!

The people who built GT were the same people who built the Bent Pyramid of Sneferu. 

So having proven than the AEs built GT I tried looking for more evidence hidden at Giza and guess what I found?

image.png.c8b87dc4d5c607adc5f37a38de8026d6.png

What is the first thing you see?  TWO LARGE PYRAMIDS.  This is because the AEs knew THERE ARE TWO KINDS OF ANIMALS – MALES AND FEMALES.  When the animals went into the ark did they go alone? in threes? no! they went in twos – a MALE and a FEMALE of each kind.  The AEs must have written the story of Noah, which shows that the Flood happened in Egypt.  And I have already shown that when the Flood happened Giza was the geocentre of the Earth.  Aren’t I brilliant?!

This is some of the funniest material ever.

I have been to several creationist lectures but this guy takes the prize for some of the most comical material ever. Reminds me the banana in the hand guy.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, stereologist said:

But Newton did not create a system focused on what was known. He did make predictions using his methods such as the gravity inside of the Earth.

His work was shown to apply to a wide variety of phenomenon and is extendable unlike the rubbish posted here.

Unlike this rubbish Newton knew that his work applied to phenomenon with a high degree of precision, but allowed for it to be wrong.

Newton did not compare values of different units of measure.

Predictions made by Newton include:

1. That the Earth is not uniformly dense

2. That all parts of an object contribute to gravity

Predictions made by others using Newton's work:

1. Uranus

2. Neptune

I was talking about wasting years in Biblical numerology etc.

Harte

• Like 5