Jump to content
Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
GlitterRose

US Senator denied access

543 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

GlitterRose

Apparently, the children being taken from even people legally seeking asylum are being warehoused in facilities like this one that used to be a Walmart and now has its windows blacked out. 

US Senator Jeff Merkley attempted to inspect the facility and was denied access. The police were called on him.

He was able to visit another facility where he saw children being kept in cages. 

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5804351/Cops-called-U-S-senator-trying-access-immigration-detention-center-children.html#v-6991833877043068125

  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
GlitterRose

From the article:

He said his team had contacted the nonprofit subcontractor that runs the center in advance and was told that he could not have a tour. He went anyway - with video cameras in tow - in hopes of gaining access to the facility, which had all of its windows blacked out.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5804351/Cops-called-U-S-senator-trying-access-immigration-detention-center-children.html#ixzz5HVrwgKwb 
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

  • Sad 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
GlitterRose

 

  • Like 1
  • Sad 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Aquila King

I've been sitting here a bit trying to come up with the right words to describe this... I don't really know what to say...

All I do know is that I have no clue how anyone can see this and try to justify it in any possible way...

Treating human being like this... Treating children like this... It's just... Evil...

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Aquila King

Sigh... You know what? F it. I'll just say it.

This is just a few steps away from Hitler rounding up the Jews.

At this point if you can't see the similarities, then you're no different then the millions of Germans who were blinded by hate and fear of their fellow Jewish neighbors.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
GlitterRose

Regardless of what people think of immigration or asylum, they have to know this is needlessly traumatizing children.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Astra.

Where are the children's parents ?...I assume that they are being held in another facility elsewhere ?

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
GlitterRose

Some of the children that they're taking from their parents are too young to even speak. A lot of them are getting lost, as in our government can't locate them. Being unable to speak and being taken far away from where their parents are being held, the likelihood they would ever be reunited is pretty slim. There are instances of parents being deported and the children still here. 

  • Sad 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
GlitterRose
1 minute ago, Astra. said:

Where are the children's parents ?...I assume that they are being held in another facility elsewhere ?

The children are taken from their parents and sent to facilities that are sometimes very far away. The government has lost about 1,500 children so far, and they keep taking more every day. The facilities they have, they believe are at about 95% capacity at this time. 

The US has never done this before. In the past, children would be processed along with their parents. They would only be taken to facilities if they crossed the border or sought asylum alone. There is question about whether or not they can handle this number of children (obviously not, if they've already lost about 1,500) and what the facilities are like. 

If our US Senators cannot even inspect them, I doubt the situation is very good. 

  • Sad 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
and then
1 minute ago, Astra. said:

Where are the children's parents ?...I assume that they are being held in another facility elsewhere ?

As usual, there's more to the story.  This is probably about pushing buttons and causing outrage.  The children aren't being enslaved or abused.  If they were placed in such a repurposed facility and the public were allowed free access, then we'd be hearing about how their privacy was being trashed.  No way to win with these people.  My guess is that part of the reason for the segregation is that once the word gets out down south that their children will be removed from them, a LOT of them may decide not to feel free to come and break our laws.  Those who come anyway will be given their due consideration for asylum.  If they're awarded asylum then they should be reunited with their kids.

  • Like 3
  • Confused 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
and then
8 minutes ago, ChaosRose said:

Some of the children that they're taking from their parents are too young to even speak. A lot of them are getting lost, as in our government can't locate them. Being unable to speak and being taken far away from where their parents are being held, the likelihood they would ever be reunited is pretty slim. There are instances of parents being deported and the children still here. 

Citation?  Link?

  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
GlitterRose
Just now, and then said:

Citation?  Link?

I saw that on the news. There is an ACLU lawyer representing the families and he has shared some of his cases.

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Astra.
3 minutes ago, ChaosRose said:

The children are taken from their parents and sent to facilities that are sometimes very far away. The government has lost about 1,500 children so far, and they keep taking more every day. The facilities they have, they believe are at about 95% capacity at this time. 

The US has never done this before. In the past, children would be processed along with their parents. They would only be taken to facilities if they crossed the border or sought asylum alone. There is question about whether or not they can handle this number of children (obviously not, if they've already lost about 1,500) and what the facilities are like. 

If our US Senators cannot even inspect them, I doubt the situation is very good. 

It's sounds like bureaucracy gone mad. So where on earth are all these missing children ? 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Aquila King

34189746_812491558941412_693055429765024

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
GlitterRose
Posted (edited)

Here's one of the cases...

The American Civil Liberties Union (ACLU) accused the U.S. government on Monday of unlawfully separating a Congolese woman and her 7-year-old daughter by holding them in different immigration facilities, two time zones apart, after they sought asylum four months ago. The ACLU said the family's case is one example of the practice of President Trump's administration to target immigrant families who are seeking asylum through processes established under U.S. law.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/aclu-accuses-u-s-government-of-unlawfully-separating-mother-child-seeking-asylum/

They're holding the child 2,000 miles away.

Edited by ChaosRose
  • Like 1
  • Sad 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
and then
1 minute ago, ChaosRose said:

I saw that on the news. There is an ACLU lawyer representing the families and he has shared some of his cases.

If accurate, that would indeed be disturbing but I find it difficult to believe that very young children are just disappearing.  "Children" like those being accepted in the EU, THAT I could understand.

  • Confused 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Astra.
4 minutes ago, and then said:

As usual, there's more to the story.  This is probably about pushing buttons and causing outrage.  The children aren't being enslaved or abused.  If they were placed in such a repurposed facility and the public were allowed free access, then we'd be hearing about how their privacy was being trashed.  No way to win with these people.  My guess is that part of the reason for the segregation is that once the word gets out down south that their children will be removed from them, a LOT of them may decide not to feel free to come and break our laws.  Those who come anyway will be given their due consideration for asylum.  If they're awarded asylum then they should be reunited with their kids.

Oh ok, so basically it's a punishment of sorts..as to send a clear message as "If you break our laws by seeking asylum, we'll be separating you from your children" ...

But what about how it may be affecting the innocent children. I would imagine that it must be rather frightening to be separated from their parents.

Depending on what ages some of these kids are, most of them probably wouldn't understand what's going on. 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
GlitterRose
4 minutes ago, Astra. said:

Oh ok, so basically it's a punishment of sorts..as to send a clear message as "If you break our laws by seeking asylum, we'll be separating you from your children" ...

But what about how it may be affecting the innocent children. I would imagine that it must be rather frightening to be separated from their parents.

Depending on what ages some of these kids are, most of them probably wouldn't understand what's going on. 

It has never been illegal to seek asylum under international law. We have never treated such people as criminals before. 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
and then
3 minutes ago, Astra. said:

Oh ok, so basically it's a punishment of sorts..as to send a clear message as "If you break our laws by seeking asylum, we'll be separating you from your children" ...

But what about how it may be affecting the innocent children. I would imagine that it must be rather frightening to be separated from their parents.

Depending on what ages some of these kids are, most of them probably wouldn't understand what's going on. 

That is a GUESS on my part.  Yeah, it is a hard thing for the children to endure but let's not lose sight of the fact that no one is going to these countries and coercing or abducting any of these mothers and children.  THEY (the mothers) are making this choice.  If this tack causes a few thousand not to make the trip then it lessens the pressure on our country and facilities.  The bottom line is that America does not owe the world a place to live as well as free food and shelter any more than OZ does...

  • Like 2
  • Confused 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
GlitterRose

https://www.msnbc.com/all-in/watch/sen-describes-immigrants-held-in-cages-like-dog-kennels-1248184387944

In this video, Senator Merkley describes touring a processing center where children are being kept in cages.

3:45ish. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
and then
1 minute ago, ChaosRose said:

It has never been illegal to seek asylum under international law. We have never treated such people as criminals before. 

That's correct and it still isn't illegal.  The difference is that they've never abused the privilege to this extent in the past.  We have huge numbers coming north and as I just said, we do not OWE the world a free life.  There has to be a limit or in the not too distant future, our children will have the same life that those from 3rd world countries have today.  This isn't rocket science, it's politics and it's damned near traitorous to our country.

  • Like 3
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Farmer77
3 minutes ago, and then said:

Yeah, it is a hard thing for the children to endure but let's not lose sight of the fact that no one is going to these countries and coercing or abducting any of these mothers and children. 

Actually they are,by folks like cartels and human traffickers,  that's why they flee and come to the US. 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Aquila King
1 minute ago, ChaosRose said:

It has never been illegal to seek asylum under international law. We have never treated such people as criminals before. 

  • Torturing people is in violation of international law
  • Waging war and doing regime change against nations who didn't attack is against international law
  • Murdering innocent civilians - men, women, and children - is against international law

Yet the US has done this for years.

Let's face it, the US doesn't care about international law, and hasn't cared for decades. Is it really such a surprise that they ignore this international law as well?

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
GlitterRose
3 minutes ago, and then said:

That is a GUESS on my part.  Yeah, it is a hard thing for the children to endure but let's not lose sight of the fact that no one is going to these countries and coercing or abducting any of these mothers and children.  THEY (the mothers) are making this choice.  If this tack causes a few thousand not to make the trip then it lessens the pressure on our country and facilities.  The bottom line is that America does not owe the world a place to live as well as free food and shelter any more than OZ does...

No matter how you feel about immigration or asylum, and you might feel that they all need to go back where they came from...there's no need to separate them from each other.

It's inhumane.

Process them together so that families are not torn apart. 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.