Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

US Senator denied access

GlitterRose

Just now, acidhead said:

Because it's not a Walmart store anymore!!! 

Duh!!!

No one ever denied the children were being held there.

3 minutes ago, ChaosRose said:

No one ever denied the children were being held there.

So??? 

3 minutes ago, acidhead said:

So??? 

Well, you're obviously trying to state that this is some sort of fake story.

But no one has ever denied that the children are being kept there. 

In fact, they released a statement later acknowledging that it is indeed a UAC shelter.

1 minute ago, ChaosRose said:

In fact, they released a statement later acknowledging that it is indeed a UAC shelter.

So???

Like Michelle said earlier: this MSNBC story makes zero sense

-children ripped from the arms of their parents

-and put in cages with other adults 

All under American citizen suppervision.

I don't buy it for a second.  

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, ChaosRose said:

Why are the windows blacked out?

If there's nothing to hide, why can't anyone inspect the facility?

The way people are acting makes me think things are worse than the little bit that's getting out to us.

I would hope you're a better person who would not try to defend such an abhorrent and needless practice that is traumatizing children.

I agree, why all of the secrecy ?....why don't they simply ease peoples minds by allowing camera's in to at least show that these children are being properly cared for...such as food, water, clothing, where they sleep, toys provided etc etc etc...

The more they try and keep this hidden from the public eye....the more it's going to create curiosity, suspicion and general unrest with many, many people. For goodness sake, even the UN is now becoming more involved. 

1 minute ago, acidhead said:

So???

Like Michelle said earlier: this MSNBC story makes zero sense

-children ripped from the arms of their parents

-and put in cages with other adults 

All under American citizen suppervision.

I don't buy it for a second.  

It's interesting. Sessions announced this new policy which is theirs, but it's so abhorrent that Trump wants to blame Democrats for it. 

He should at least own up to his own policy. I mean...he doubles down on some outrageous stuff. Why not this?

I think it's because he knows just how horrible it is, and he knows what people will think of him if they actually find out. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Astra. said:

I agree, why all of the secrecy ?....why don't they simply ease peoples minds by allowing camera's in to at least show that these children are being properly cared for...such as food, water, clothing, where they sleep, toys provided etc etc etc...

The more they try and keep this hidden from the public eye....the more it's going to create curiosity, suspicion and general unrest with many, many people. For goodness sake, even the UN is now becoming more involved. 

Or if not cameras for privacy's sake, then why not allow a US Senator to at least tour the place, when given advance notice?

A tour was requested, and the only reason he showed up unannounced with cameras is because they refused to allow him to even see the facility. 

38 minutes ago, ChaosRose said:

The reporter never said anything about them being guards.

She said that the children were sometimes being held in cells with adult men they didn't know. 

Yes, I had a problem before with the video. Iv'e just managed to watch it now.

I do find it rather disturbing that she mentioned that children were being held in cells with strange men ?....I mean who are these alleged adult males that she spoke of ?....aren't they suppose to be keeping these children separated from adults who are also being detained ?...we need more information as to confirm this....including many more questions that need some answers to.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Astra. said:

Yes, I had a problem before with the video. Iv'e just managed to watch it now.

I do find it rather disturbing that she mentioned that children were being held in cells with strange men ?....I mean who are these alleged adult males that she spoke of ?....aren't they suppose to be keeping these children separated from adults who are also being detained ?...we need more information as to confirm this....including many more questions that need some answers to.  

From what Senator Merkley saw at the processing center, it seems to start with a bunch of people put together in cages or cells, and then children are separated out to different cages or cells. 

I don't know if the children are always put in the same holding cells with their parents before they are taken to the child holding cells. All told, they're only supposed to spend 72 hours at these places and then move on to something like the Walmart center.

No one knows what's going on at the Walmart center.

There are certainly a lot of questions to be answered, and we're not going to know any answers if our lawmakers can't even have access to holding facilities. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, ChaosRose said:

Or if not cameras for privacy's sake, then why not allow a US Senator to at least tour the place, when given advance notice?

A tour was requested, and the only reason he showed up unannounced with cameras is because they refused to allow him to even see the facility. 

Yes, it's all very odd indeed. They obviously have something to hide in this particular facility. This senator needs to push more, get more people behind him, and demand that they let him, including those with property authority to tour this facility ASAP. 

21 minutes ago, thedutchiedutch said:

kids.jpg

I see you fell for the pictures attributed to the Trump administration. They were taken during Obama's reign.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Astra. said:

Yes, it's all very odd indeed. They obviously have something to hide in this particular facility. This senator needs to push more, get more people behind him, and demand that they let him, including those with property authority to tour this facility ASAP. 

At this point we don't know if CPS is staying on top of the situation. There is a lot of speculation going around without any evidence of any kind of abuse..

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Michelle said:

At this point we don't know if CPS is staying on top of the situation. There is a lot of speculation going around without any evidence of any kind of abuse..

It sounds like a mess Michelle. At the end of the day it's more to do with the welfare of the children whom are caught up in this, and their vulnerability to the types of abuses that 'can' and 'do' happen by those types that could well take advantage.

I would hate to think that their rights as people are being violated in anyway. Wouldn't taking away and separating a child from it's mother (without any just cause) be an act of violation where Human Rights is concerned ?..

A man like Jeff Sessions doesn't care. To him, this isn't about peoples hardships or their children. This is about politics and nothing more. I'm sure he doesn't lose much sleep over this as he curls up in his warm comfy bed each night, while his family remain together all safe and secure. 

5 minutes ago, Astra. said:

It sounds like a mess Michelle. At the end of the day it's more to do with the welfare of the children whom are caught up in this, and their vulnerability to the types of abuses that 'can' and 'do' happen by those types that could well take advantage.

I would hate to think that their rights as people are being violated in anyway. Wouldn't taking away and separating a child from it's mother (without any just cause) be an act of violation where Human Rights is concerned ?..

A man like Jeff Sessions doesn't care. To him, this isn't about peoples hardships or their children. This is about politics and nothing more. I'm sure he doesn't lose much sleep over this as he curls up in his warm comfy bed each night, while his family remain together all safe and secure. 

Yeah you're right.. Jeff sessions....

He obviously doesn't care about children.....

He like most Americans including the ones processing only care about coupons from Walmart and what the weekly special is today from caged immigrants!!

2 minutes ago, acidhead said:

Yeah you're right.. Jeff sessions....

He obviously doesn't care about children.....

He like most Americans including the ones processing only care about coupons from Walmart and what the weekly special is today from caged immigrants!!

No need to be sarcastic. Sometimes I think you have too many tipples :-*..

• Haha 1

On 6/4/2018 at 10:05 PM, ChaosRose said:

No matter how you feel about immigration or asylum, and you might feel that they all need to go back where they came from...there's no need to separate them from each other.

It's inhumane.

Process them together so that families are not torn apart. 

I'll say it again.  There has been no proof that these children are being abused, sold into slavery, etc.  There is a VERY simple solution to the problem of these families being split up when they come here illegally...  Don't do it...  Apply for sanctuary in the first country you get to, outside of your own.  Those here who are tossing out the "you're inhumane" card, I'd be interested to hear how many of these illegals YOU have invited into YOUR home so that you can be responsible to feed, clothe and shelter them until they choose to go elsewhere.  You are absolutely within your rights to take the chance of breaking our laws to care for these people.  What you do NOT have a RIGHT to do is force the other half of this nation to pay for those who don't even desire to be citizens, just given stuff for free.  That is lunacy and it's unsustainable.  

Some of the people who come may really be refugees in need of asylum.  IF they are then they have to abide by the rules that are set by the current administration.  You show me proof that these kids are being physically or sexually abused, starved, beaten, etc... and I'll admit action needs to be taken on their behalf.  This whole "the world is ending because...Trump" doesn't cut it anymore.  It's long since gotten old and boring.

There are roughly 7.5 THOUSAND million human beings on this planet.  Only about 300 million of them live in the U.S.  Until recently we were having a huge problem finding employment for those who wanted to work.  A small % of them actually suffer from hunger.  Millions are HOMELESS.  Our healthcare system is on the rocks and apparently, going down for the count.  If we in the wealthiest country on the planet are struggling with only 300 million, how on earth are we supposed to adequately supply the needs of a literally UNLIMITED number of people who just choose to walk, ride or swim across our borders and then expect to be GIVEN food, shelter, and a cash stipend?  Not to mention free healthcare.  It's insane...

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, and then said:

Apply for sanctuary in the first country you get to, outside of your own.  Those here who are tossing out the "you're inhumane" card, I'd be interested to hear how many of these illegals YOU have invited into YOUR home so that you can be responsible to feed, clothe and shelter them until they choose to go elsewhere. 

Its the separating children from parent that is inhumane not the enforcing of border laws. 

7 minutes ago, and then said:

You show me proof that these kids are being physically or sexually abused, starved, beaten, etc...

But the psychological abuse of being separated from their parents doesn't matter ?

8 minutes ago, and then said:

There are roughly 7.5 THOUSAND million human beings on this planet.  Only about 300 million of them live in the U.S.  Until recently we were having a huge problem finding employment for those who wanted to work.  A small % of them actually suffer from hunger.  Millions are HOMELESS.  Our healthcare system is on the rocks and apparently, going down for the count.  If we in the wealthiest country on the planet are struggling with only 300 million, how on earth are we supposed to adequately supply the needs of a literally UNLIMITED number of people who just choose to walk, ride or swim across our borders and then expect to be GIVEN food, shelter, and a cash stipend?  Not to mention free healthcare.  It's insane.

You're fighting a strawman of your own creation here. This thread isn't about allowing mass immigration, its about treating humans humanely. 

• Like 4

On 6/4/2018 at 10:10 PM, ChaosRose said:

It's also about what kind of country we want to be. 

Do we want to be a country that tears children away from their families and puts them in cages like dogs? 

I don't think people really want that. It's just that they're being kept from seeing it. 

I refuse to be guilted over the illegal choices of other adults.  If they don't want to be treated in such a manner or have their kids separated from them upon arrival - don't ARRIVE.  It's a really simple concept.  I perused a couple of articles looking for info on "children in cages" and I saw NONE.  I saw very poor quality photos of adults in makeshift holding enclosures.  The article also referenced an influx of 400 children a DAY from Central America.  If refusing to take responsibility for thousands of illegals who just come, no invitation, no legal paperwork, nothing, makes me a hardass then so be it.  A nation that refuses to enforce its borders does not long remain a nation.  When is it going to click for you guys that this country is NOT the answer to all the world's problems?  We cannot save everyone and survive, ourselves.  That's all I have to say about this silliness.  My guess is that if the president does not change this "separation" policy, the influx of children will begin to slow on its own. 

9 hours ago, ChaosRose said:

It has been said that children have been put in cells where they are with adult men they don't know. They call the cells ice boxes because they are so small and cold. 

It has been said that these children are put into lavish rooms with toys and daycare workers to tend to their every need.

So logic tells me that it would be impossible for us to have kept every child and adult who crosses the border and gets caught in a facility forever. Where are the interviews with immigrants who have already been processed crying and wailing about their treatment at the hands of US officials? Its not like they can't blur out their faces if they are concerned about being identified. I suspect this Senator did not tell the officials at the facility he planned to show up with a full film crew when he made his appt. I can understand that showing children on fim without parental permission could cause a problem for the facility.  And I'm sure they blocked him while trying to contact someone about how to handle that.  I feel this was a political stunt and the Senator knew before he even showed up how it would play out.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Michelle said:

I see you fell for the pictures attributed to the Trump administration. They were taken during Obama's reign.

It is not about the picture. It is about the message. Kids are being traumatized and victimized by your regime. All you guys that defend the current administration from letting this happening should be ashamed of yourself.   

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, thedutchiedutch said:

It is not about the picture. It is about the message. Kids are being traumatized and victimized by your regime. All you guys that defend the current administration from letting this happening should be ashamed of yourself.   

Obama had eight years to fix it. Instead It's still the same ol' same ol'. You guys pop up now that Trump is in office.

• Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Michelle said:

Obama had eight years to fix it. Instead It's still the same ol' same ol'. You guys pop up now that Trump is in office.

Not sure if you know this but when this was happening during the Obama's administration in 2014 there was an unprecedented surge of child migration from Central America,
mainly unaccompanied children and women. What we are arguing here about today is separating children from undocumented migrant parents at the U.S. border and putting these children in cage like facilities. There is a difference here. However shame on Obama administration as well for keeping children like that as well.  

• Like 2