Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

US Senator denied access

GlitterRose

On 11/06/2018 at 4:06 PM, Aquila King said:

That's like saying the Joker's gonna go out and fight crime in Gotham.

Joker* DID do that in a recent maxi-series. I was genuinely upset when it ended and 

Spoiler

Jack Napier’s Joker personality reasserted itself just before he could tell Harleen “I do”. 

* sort of Joker. A “gone sane” Joker. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

Joker* DID do that in a recent maxi-series. I was genuinely upset when it ended and 

Hide contents

Jack Napier’s Joker personality reasserted itself just before he could tell Harleen “I do”. 

* sort of Joker. A “gone sane” Joker. 

Lol, should've known.

Comics, man... *smh

This can most certainly traumatize the children, as other's have first noted.

Some will exit OK, other's will not.

I'm all for immigration restriction, but seperating parents from children seems not only wrong, but potentially hazardous to the children's  developmental health.

Why do they even do this?

• Like 2

3 hours ago, pallidin said:

This can most certainly traumatize the children, as other's have first noted.

Some will exit OK, other's will not.

I'm all for immigration restriction, but seperating parents from children seems not only wrong, but potentially hazardous to the children's  developmental health.

Why do they even do this?

As a bargaining chip.

Trump's offering to stop taking children from their mother's, if the Democrat's give him his wall.

• Sad 1

6 minutes ago, Tiggs said:

As a bargaining chip.

Trump's offering to stop taking children from their mother's, if the Democrat's give him his wall.

What a monster. 

• Like 2

So here are pictures of the facility the publicity seeking senator was trying to get into. Doesn't look like a concentration camp to me. If he and others are lieing about this, what else are they lieing about?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5845639/Inside-Texas-detention-facility-1-500-undocumented-children-ages-10-17-held.html

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, skliss said:

So here are pictures of the facility the publicity seeking senator was trying to get into. Doesn't look like a concentration camp to me. If he and others are lieing about this, what else are they lieing about?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5845639/Inside-Texas-detention-facility-1-500-undocumented-children-ages-10-17-held.html

Can you show me where he actually said it looks like a concentration camp? I just reread the OP and didn't find it in there.  He didn't get in to the place, therefore he couldn't describe it as anything.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Farmer77 said:

Can you show me where he actually said it looks like a concentration camp? I just reread the OP and didn't find it in there.  He didn't get in to the place, therefore he couldn't describe it as anything.

I didn't mean he said it, I should have been clearer...either someone here (at UM) in a thread said it or an article was posted with a celebrity saying it. Just stuck in my head, especially when I saw these pics on the news the other night.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, skliss said:

I didn't mean he said it, I should have been clearer...either someone here (at UM) in a thread said it or an article was posted with a celebrity saying it. Just stuck in my head, especially when I saw these pics on the news the other night.

I do think the term has been tossed about at some point for sure. 

Internment camps would probably be a more appropriate analogy. I read an article from a democrat senator who toured the place and he said while the entire concept is seriously ****ed up the conditions themselves were not bad. …..cant find that link for some reason

4 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

I do think the term has been tossed about at some point for sure. 

Internment camps would probably be a more appropriate analogy. I read an article from a democrat senator who toured the place and he said while the entire concept is seriously ****ed up the conditions themselves were not bad. …..cant find that link for some reason

I think it was the same guy, he had to reel it back somewhat.....which I can respect. I think we all know its not ideal, but at least we know its not like its being painted by some.

• Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, skliss said:

I think it was the same guy, he had to reel it back somewhat.....which I can respect. I think we all know its not ideal, but at least we know its not like its being painted by some.

Not at that facility, perhaps.

McALLEN, Texas (AP) — Inside an old warehouse in South Texas, hundreds of children wait away from their parents in a series of cages created by metal fencing. One cage had 20 children inside. Scattered about are bottles of water, bags of chips and large foil sheets intended to serve as blankets.

One teenager told an advocate who visited that she was helping care for a young child she didn’t know because the child’s aunt was somewhere else in the facility. She said she had to show others in her cell how to change the girl’s diaper.

Source: Associated Press.

From the NYT -- one of the consequences of separating children from their parents is that the children's cases are then also handled separately within the immigration system -- leading to this: 

...Except it all went wrong. The Border Patrol was waiting as they made their way from the border on May 26, and soon mother and son were in a teeming detention center in southern Texas. The next part unfolded so swiftly that, even now, Ms. Ortiz cannot grasp it: Anthony was sent to a shelter for migrant children. And she was put on a plane back to Guatemala.

“I am completely devastated,” Ms. Ortiz, 25, said in one of a series of video interviews last week from her family home in Guatemala. Her eyes swollen from weeping and her voice subdued, she said she had no idea when or how she would see her son again.

Also, noteworthy:

“Some of the women we have encountered in detention at the border have reported facing pressure to deport voluntarily in order to be reunified with their children,” she said.

Source: The New York Times

On 6/4/2018 at 10:41 PM, Aquila King said:

34189746_812491558941412_693055429765024

Man, he looks bad! I'm against separating children from their parents. It's damaging and inhumane, and the Trump administration should change this policy with no stonewalling from obstinate Democrats. As far as the comic actor with likely mental problems is concerned, I don't care what he thinks. My guess is that he wouldn't say squat if the kids had White skin. My guess is that he would go out of his way to avoid and ignore an identical situation under the Saint Barack presidency. It's more about Trump than kids when it comes to most "concerned humanitarian celebrities". I might listen to them if they weren't completely partisan clowns with no credibility.

• Thanks 2

On 6/5/2018 at 8:04 PM, Gromdor said:

Slightly off topic, but vaguely related.  When I first heard about the immigrants being held in a Walmart in Texas with blackened windows, I thought of the whole Operation Jade Helm drama with the Agenda 21 hysteria.  The conspiracy theorist in me thinks it would be ironic if the very thing the governor called the national guard out to stop was happening under the pretense of "illegal immigration control". 

That's why it pays to research and study each claim based on its own merits. For instance, it's not "crazy" to suspect that *some* tragic events are false flags. There are various examples in history that can't be disputed. You also can see a nod to Operation Northwoods in the PNAC charter phrase that mentions "a Pearl Harbor event" (not saying that 9/11 definitely was a false flag).

55 minutes ago, Paranormal Panther said:

Man, he looks bad! I'm against separating children from their parents. It's damaging and inhumane, and the Trump administration should change this policy with no stonewalling from obstinate Democrats.

Trump's administration decided to do this on their own. They can decide to undo it on their own, too.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Tiggs said:

Not at that facility, perhaps.

McALLEN, Texas (AP) — Inside an old warehouse in South Texas, hundreds of children wait away from their parents in a series of cages created by metal fencing. One cage had 20 children inside. Scattered about are bottles of water, bags of chips and large foil sheets intended to serve as blankets.

One teenager told an advocate who visited that she was helping care for a young child she didn’t know because the child’s aunt was somewhere else in the facility. She said she had to show others in her cell how to change the girl’s diaper.

Source: Associated Press.

It sounds like that child's mother should be loathed for putting her baby into such a situation, eh?  Had she been a legitimate candidate for asylum she wouldn't have needed to SNEAK across as an illegal and risk getting caught up in the system in this way.  The only solution you guys have is the open border, open arms, feed, shelter, clothe, house and pay THEM ALL if they choose to come here.  You guys are insane.  We are fighting back.  We will continue to fight back because we don't want our country destroyed by you.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, and then said:

It sounds like that child's mother should be loathed for putting her baby into such a situation, eh?  Had she been a legitimate candidate for asylum she wouldn't have needed to SNEAK across as an illegal and risk getting caught up in the system in this way.  The only solution you guys have is the open border, open arms, feed, shelter, clothe, house and pay THEM ALL if they choose to come here.  You guys are insane.  We are fighting back.  We will continue to fight back because we don't want our country destroyed by you.

Kind of difficult to claim asylum when you're illegally being blocked from doing so by the US government at the border.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Figured it may be helpful to make sure all the terms being used are clear.

Basically to file for asylum, or refugee, in America one must meet the definition of being a refugee which is defined as 

" any person who is outside any country of such person's nationality or, in the case of a person having no nationality, is outside any country in which such person last habitually resided, and who is unable or unwilling to return to, and is unable or unwilling to avail himself or herself of the protection of, that country because of persecution or a well-founded fear of persecution on account of race, religion, nationality, membership in a particular social group, or political opinion, "

https://www.uscis.gov/ilink/docView/SLB/HTML/SLB/0-0-0-1/0-0-0-29/0-0-0-101/0-0-0-195.html

Part (42)

There is a part B but it isnt really relevant as it just says basically those who are doing the persecution can't apply for refugee or asylum status and that those forced or threatened to undergo sterilization or abortion meet the definition of refugee and can apply for refugee or asylum status.

Right or wrong that has been the definition of refugee in Anerica for decades and to apply for asylum or refugee status one must meet that definition and ultimately a lot of the people coming from central and south America just don't meet that definition.

1 hour ago, and then said:

To quote Janet Snakehole: "I see you have reached the "I don't want to hit the children, you make me hit the children when you don't do what I say" chapter of abusive husbands."

Edited by Gromdor
  • Thanks 3

8 hours ago, DarkHunter said:

Right or wrong that has been the definition of refugee in Anerica for decades and to apply for asylum or refugee status one must meet that definition and ultimately a lot of the people coming from central and south America just don't meet that definition.

To be clear though the Trump regime just changed the rules so those going through the largest humanitarian crisis, closest to us, can no longer legally apply for asylum. 

Its not the same as it always has been. 

• Like 1

'Mind-Blowing': Military Contractors Making Tens of Millions Helping Trump Tear Families Apart

While outraged Americans across the country are calling their elected representatives and taking to the streets to protest the Trump administration's forcible separation of parents and children at the U.S.-Mexico border, intelligence and defense contractors are raking in millions thanks to the cruel practice.

2 hours ago, Farmer77 said:

To be clear though the Trump regime just changed the rules so those going through the largest humanitarian crisis, closest to us, can no longer legally apply for asylum. 

Its not the same as it always has been. 

The Trump regime hasn't changed any rules that would have a massive effect, all that was done was really a clarification on a legal matter.

In America where you apply for asylum has a massive impact on if your application gets accepted or not.  To bring all of the different locations more inline Sessions was reviewing various cases to give precedent for the various judges to look at when deciding to grant asylum or not.  One of the cases was on if domestic abuse is grounds for getting asylum and it has been complicated matter as it has gone back and forth on if its grounds to grant asylum or not.  Sessions has decided domestic abuse does not meet the required legal definition of refugee so can't be used to grant asylum.  

I am interested in hearing what this massive humanitarian crisis is though and how not allowing domestic abuse as a grounds for asylum means they can't apply for asylum anymore.

12 hours ago, Tiggs said:

Kind of difficult to claim asylum when you're illegally being blocked from doing so by the US government at the border.

because border this is not where you supposed to do it, don't you know? you are yourself a green card holder, did you just show up at the border and demanded entry? you got your GC, how come us gvmnt did not block you?

Edited by aztek

18 minutes ago, aztek said:

because border this is not where you supposed to do it, don't you know? you are yourself a green card holder, did you just show up at the border and demanded entry?

Actually -- there are only two ways to claim asylum -- at the border or from within the US.

ETA: It's completely different from the Visa route.