Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

US Senator denied access

GlitterRose

Just now, Gromdor said:

You don't need Dems.  You have 234 votes.  The only thing they are good for is blaming stuff on if you are a Rep and the rest of the Reps can't get their act together.  Like on this HR4760 vote.

don't you see it is not really about the bill itself?

36 minutes ago, aztek said:

don't you see it is not really about the bill itself?

Your right it isn't about the bill, it's about blame and excuses.

Just now, Gromdor said:

Your right it isn't about the bill, it's about blame and excuses.

lol, blame and excuses are just harmless sounds, contempt otoh is much more serious, and dems just showed it pretty clear

1 minute ago, aztek said:

lol, blame and excuses are just harmless sounds, contempt otoh is much more serious, and dems just showed it pretty clear

Okay, here's an idea.  Let the democrats write an immigration deal, have all the republicans vote for it, and then come back with the whole republicans are willing to work with democrats to solve problems whereas democrats won't help republicans argument.

Just now, Gromdor said:

Okay, here's an idea.  Let the democrats write an immigration deal,

good idea. lets do it. 

reps will vote for the bill, just like they did here, some for some against.  what dems did was contempt

Edited by aztek

2 minutes ago, aztek said:

good idea. lets do it.

Cool, you'd have better luck making the call to your rep.  Mine are all Republicans. 

I suppose the bill had items in it that Dems couldn't sign up for, in addition to those which would have solved the issues making the news.

2 minutes ago, RAyMO said:

I suppose the bill had items in it that Dems couldn't sign up for, in addition to those which would have solved the issues making the news.

Pshaw, of course it had those items.  If it didn't, we wouldn't need to play this blame game.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Gromdor said:

Pshaw, of course it had those items.  If it didn't, we wouldn't need to play this blame game

Thanks still learning how it works over there.

2 hours ago, RAyMO said:

I suppose the bill had items in it that Dems couldn't sign up for,

What could be more important than stopping child abuse and the separation of children from their families?

9 minutes ago, Myles said:

What could be more important than stopping child abuse and the separation of children from their families?

That's a good question.  There 41 republicans and 190 democrats we can ask.

lol why? do you really think we can believe anything they say?

it is pretty clear, they do not care about the bill or separated families. they will run this country to the ground on purpose, because it is not them who has power now

Edited by aztek

Just now, aztek said:

lol why? do you really think we can believe anything they say?

it is pretty clear, they do not care about the bill or separated families. they will run this country to the ground on purpose,

I was bored so I browsed around about it.  Some people of leery because of the whole DNA gathering and bio metric ID card managed by DHS.  A lot were against because it reduced legal immigration and would harm their states.  Some didn't like how it shuffled immigration from DoJ over to DHS. 

I dunno we could always make a single line bill to solve the separated family issue, but that would ruin it's value as leverage in another bill with unpopular pork items.

Just now, Gromdor said:

I was bored so I browsed around about it.  Some people of leery because of the whole DNA gathering and bio metric ID card managed by DHS.  A lot were against because it reduced legal immigration and would harm their states.  Some didn't like how it shuffled immigration from DoJ over to DHS. 

I dunno we could always make a single line bill to solve the separated family issue, but that would ruin it's value as leverage in another bill with unpopular pork items.

i do not see how it will reduce LEGAL immigration. legal immigrants required to go thru medical screening at approved clinics, in their countries, they draw blood there, so DNA sample is not in any way scares off legal immigrants. neither will bio metric id.

but then if you are bleeding heart democrat who worries about family separation at the border, should not worry about dna and bio id for legal immigrants, and pass the bill. worst case you can amend those things later, but no, not a single one voted yes, it is clearly about them vs reps, and what happens to the country is irrelevant to them,

Edited by aztek

3 minutes ago, aztek said:

i do not see how it will reduce LEGAL immigration. legal immigrants required to go thru medical screening at approved clinics, in their countries, they draw blood there, so DNA sample is not in any way scares off legal immigrants. neither will bio metric id.

Eh, you'd have to read the bill.  They were planning on reducing legal immigration in it quite a bit.

It wasn't the illegal immigrants that had the issue with the whole DNA collecting bio metric national card.  It was Americans.  Some made the same argument you just did, but mostly it was privacy concerns.

The family separation portion is so small as to be just a footnote in it.

Just now, Gromdor said:

Eh, you'd have to read the bill.  They were planning on reducing legal immigration in it quite a bit.

It wasn't the illegal immigrants that had the issue with the whole DNA collecting bio metric national card.  It was Americans.  Some made the same argument you just did, but mostly it was privacy concerns.

The family separation portion is so small as to be just a footnote in it.

so what, reducing legal immigration is not a bad thing.

Americans willingly submit dna to ancestory databases, and tell every aspect of their lives to entire world, over fb insta...... etc. gvmnt does not care about our privacy, if anything they are very much against it in reality. judging on how they allow private companies sell, and use our private info the way they want to.

13 minutes ago, aztek said:

so what, reducing legal immigration is not a bad thing.

Americans willingly submit dna to ancestory databases, and tell every aspect of their lives to entire world, over fb insta...... etc. gvmnt does not care about our privacy, if anything they are very much against it in reality. judging on how they allow private companies sell, and use our private info the way they want to.

You should just skip me as the middle man and just read up on it.  Half the stuff I didn't care about. 

1 hour ago, aztek said:

but then if you are bleeding heart democrat who worries about family separation at the border, should not worry about dna and bio id for legal immigrants, and pass the bill. worst case you can amend those things later, but no, not a single one voted yes, it is clearly about them vs reps, and what happens to the country is irrelevant to them,

I heard one a pundit say that the reason they won't pass anything is because they won't have anything to run on. Unfortunately, for them, it also leaves them open to criticism  saying they don't care about illegals...double edged sword.