Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

US Senator denied access

GlitterRose

This thread was on fire this morning. What happened? Did missing facts puncture the outrage bubble again?

• Like 1

Slightly off topic, but vaguely related.  When I first heard about the immigrants being held in a Walmart in Texas with blackened windows, I thought of the whole Operation Jade Helm drama with the Agenda 21 hysteria.  The conspiracy theorist in me thinks it would be ironic if the very thing the governor called the national guard out to stop was happening under the pretense of "illegal immigration control". 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Dark_Grey said:

This thread was on fire this morning. What happened? Did missing facts puncture the outrage bubble again?

I think its more of a pearls before swine situation. (biblical reference not calling you a pig) 

If you don't see why this fits with a long line of other unnecessarily cruel hyperbole and tactics then you never will. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Gromdor said:

Slightly off topic, but vaguely related.  When I first heard about the immigrants being held in a Walmart in Texas with blackened windows, I thought of the whole Operation Jade Helm drama with the Agenda 21 hysteria.  The conspiracy theorist in me thinks it would be ironic if the very thing the governor called the national guard out to stop was happening under the pretense of "illegal immigration control". 

you mean those few walmarts around the country that were closed up due to plumbing issues?

1 hour ago, aztek said:

you mean those few walmarts around the country that were closed up due to plumbing issues?

Yes.

so the conspiracies theories may not be theories at all, 

but i've heard another conspiracy, WM will fire everyone and close stores if employee  attempt to unionize, they have very strict anti union policies

Edited by aztek

12 minutes ago, aztek said:

so the conspiracies theories may not be theories at all, 

but i've heard another conspiracy, WM will fire everyone and close stores if employee  attempt to unionize, they have very strict anti union policies

Aren't they going broke because of Amazon anyways?

5 minutes ago, Gromdor said:

Aren't they going broke because of Amazon anyways?

if they do, 2,3 millions will lose jobs, and around 6B in tax  revenue a year will be gone. 

1 minute ago, aztek said:

if they do, 2,3 millions will lose jobs, and around 6B in tax  revenue a year will be gone. 

The cost of progress.  I'll miss those big warehouse-like stores filled with cheap Chinese products.

But hey, we can turn them into detention centers!

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Astra. said:

That's shocking. It sounds like a total mess up. Who's bright idea was this ?....the way I see it, separating the children from the parents has / and is only going to cause more chaos and confusion. More children will possibly become even more 'lost' in the system...hence the already number of 'missing' kids ?....

What makes more sense (as you have already earlier touched on) these folk should have been processed in the normal way, with their children kept by their sides.

Surely this would come under being a 'human rights' thing' ? 

I think the UN just announced that yes, it's a human rights issue.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Gromdor said:

The cost of progress.  I'll miss those big warehouse-like stores filled with cheap Chinese products.

But hey, we can turn them into detention centers!

amazom employs about 500k and between 2011 and 2016 paid less than a billion in taxes, the way i see it, if amazon goes economy will only be better off

Just now, aztek said:

amazom employs about 500k and between 2011 and 2016 paid less than a billion in taxes, the way i see it, if amazon goes economy will only be better off

I would be better off for sure,  I bought Ali Baba stock a while back and if Amazon goes, it will definitely fill the void.  Trump's attacks on it have been a mixed blessing for me.

• Like 1

Apparently, the processing centers where they are kept in large cages that look like dog cages are only supposed to hold them for 72 hours, legally.

Then they're supposed to be moved to the Walmart type warehouse places. Except those are at or near capacity, so they're now looking at air bases. 

So children have been kept in cages for more than 72 hours, separated from their parents.

And this is due to the fact that there is an overload of children due to "zero tolerance" policy that now separates them all from their parents. 

If they're looking to unload them on an already stressed foster care system, that's probably not going to work. 

So they're being held, indefinitely, with their numbers growing every day, and no place to go with them.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Michelle said:

Sometimes their mother's are the ones they need to be protected from.

This policy is traumatizing the children, some of them very young.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Astra. said:

Well, if this escalates any further as to the detrimental affects on separating children from their mothers. This could very well back-fire on the government in a colossal way. If stories should emerge of any type of abuses committed against children whilst in these facilities whom are not being properly protected, cared for etc....well, it certainly wont look too good for Mr Sessions and Co..

One thing people usually do not tolerate very well...is any form of abuse where children are concerned. I think just separating them from their parents is already a form of psychological abuse.  

It has been said that children have been put in cells where they are with adult men they don't know. They call the cells ice boxes because they are so small and cold. 

That was from the news tonight. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

21 hours ago, Michelle said:

That's true. The thing is, we don't have any idea who the people are coming illegally over the border. Do we allow them to live in migrant tent camps or do we try to find out if they have a legitimate reason for being here? With checks and balances there is red tape.

Absolutely go through the process of investigating why they are seeking asylum, but keep the children with their parents. 

Process them together. 

The only reason not to is cruelty. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, acidhead said:

Jeff Merkley

you are absolutely nuts if you believe a word this guy is insinuating

i believe most of you, except a couple, are more intelligent than this

They wouldn't let him in to inspect the facility, even though he called ahead and tried to make an appointment.

The windows were blacked out. The police were called.

If there's nothing to hide, then why make the spectacle they made? 

I might add, there's no reason to believe Trump or Sessions, and yet somehow, you find a way. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, ChaosRose said:

3 minutes ago, ChaosRose said:

It has been said that children have been put in cells where they are with adult men they don't know. They call the cells ice boxes because they are so small and cold. 

It would be nice if you would provide links to back up these accusations. Otherwise, they are just rumors.

13 minutes ago, ChaosRose said:

Thanks Rose. Iv'e just happened upon the latest news in regards to this current issue.

https://www.sbs.com.au/news/un-says-us-must-stop-separating-migrant-children-from-their-parents

I'm not at all surprised that this has now attracted an International level of concern.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, ChrLzs said:

Added - and this from Michelle..?:

:td::no:

Words fail me.  I can't say what I think of those attitudes and remain within forum rules.

Did you miss the part where she implies that it's apparently ok to keep children in cages (now we know for more than 72 hours) because we sometimes put toddlers in playpens?

How about the part where she implies it's ok to have secret facilities holding children that no one can inspect because there are women's shelters that remain anonymous. 

Those are some really, really weak arguments for this policy of taking every child away from every person who presents themselves for asylum.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Michelle said:

It would be nice if you would provide links to back up these accusations. Otherwise, they are just rumors.

I just heard that on the news tonight.

MSNBC.

I can look and see if someone has posted it to youtube yet, but I don't know that it would be.

Incidentally, when I did post video of a news broadcast, you would not watch the video. 

Edited by ChaosRose

16 minutes ago, ChaosRose said:

This is outrageous. Are there any pictures or video's that might be able to back this up..as this is what the public needs to know and see. A a picture speaks a thousand words. 

Edited by Astra.
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, aztek said:

and whose fault that is? those who try to smuggle them into usa.

You say smuggle, mothers say try to keep alive.

And just a reminder, it's not smuggling if you present yourself for asylum at the border.

Their children are being taken, too.

I keep saying this and it's falling on deaf ears.

Edited by ChaosRose
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, ChaosRose said:

Incidentally, when I did post video of a news broadcast, you would not watch the video. 

I've always said I read transcripts and don't watch videos. They are usually full of people twisting words while interrupting each other.