Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

US Senator denied access

GlitterRose

Just now, bison said:

Given laws can be interpreted and acted upon in various ways. Mr. Trump's interpretation, and the actions flowing from that interpretation is a radical, and cruel departure from the policies of even his conservative predecessors. 

A long and garbled way of saying Trump decided it is time to enforce the law,

Previous administrations' refusal to do so has resulted in the rise of an entire industry of human trafficking...including children.

Apparently you are okay with that.  Why?

because not be ok with it, means agree with trump, and libs can't do that no matter what, they are sooner to see country fail, than prosper if trumps is in charge

1 minute ago, hacktorp said:

entire industry of human trafficking...including children.

so to stop trafficking you have to remove children from their parents? Surely even the US can use more sophisticated methods of identifying and dealing with traffickers.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Big Jim said:

In several of the quotes against the practice of dividing adults and juveniles into two groups words like "torn from" or "forcibly separated"  are unnecessarily inflammatory and seem intended to convey an image of screaming children being dragged away from loving and concerned parents.  This is what people do when the dry facts don't support their political position.  I've not been there, but I doubt that the process of handling large crowds is done in such a brutal and physical way. 

"I was talking to one mother, and she said, "Don't take my child away," and the child started screaming and vomiting and crying hysterically, and she asked the officers, "Can I at least have five minutes to console her?" They said no," Ms Chandler told the magazine.

Source: BBC

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, Big Jim said:

In several of the quotes against the practice of dividing adults and juveniles into two groups words like "torn from" or "forcibly separated"  are unnecessarily inflammatory and seem intended to convey an image of screaming children being dragged away from loving and concerned parents.  This is what people do when the dry facts don't support their political position.  I've not been there, but I doubt that the process of handling large crowds is done in such a brutal and physical way.  Discussions lose whatever light they might have shined on a situation when one side or the other purposely tries to distort the truth.  Similarly, the claim that this will irreparably harm the children for life is needlessly melodramatic.  The trauma, if any, is hardly any worse than a first grader crying on the bus on the first day of school or kids getting homesick at summer camp.  I know someone will jump on this and say it's not summer camp, but the separation is no worse and the duration no longer.  The videos I've seen show kids playing soccer and eating in cafeterias, so it's not that much different.

There is an audio tape of the children screaming for their parents. They were taken abruptly from their parents, reportedly without explanation and without being allowed so much as a 'good bye'.   Under these circumstances, the idiom 'torn from their parents' does not seem out of order. The statement about lasting trauma caused to the children was not a piece of melodrama, but a sober warning from a physician, speaking for the American Association of Pediatrics.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, RAyMO said:

Surely even the US can use more sophisticated methods of identifying and dealing with traffickers.

Kids trafficked into the country have their fate determined within the first 48 hours after they arrive.  Holding them until their circumstances are known is the only safe way.

I notice that you offer no "sophisticated" alternative...only complaints.

• Thanks 1

Holding them until their circumstances are known is the only safe way.

But do you need to hold them separately from their parents

9 minutes ago, bison said:

There is an audio tape of the children screaming for their parents.

Parents who may well be 3,000 miles away in Central America...

• Like 2

Just now, hacktorp said:

Parents who may well be 3,000 miles away in Central America...

... after being deported by the Trump administration.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, RAyMO said:

But do you need to hold them separately from their parents

Yes, if the adults who brought them are suspected of committing a crime.

If you are arrested for ANYTHING in this country, you are separated from your family.  It's always been that way.

Edited by hacktorp
  • Like 1

If a group consisting of alleged parents and children or parent and child arrive at the border - surely the authorities could implement a simple screening to determine whether or not the alleged relationship is true.

Edited by RAyMO

3 minutes ago, Tiggs said:

... after being deported by the Trump administration.

...or the Obama administration

...or the Bush administration

1 minute ago, RAyMO said:

If a group consistent of alleged parents and children or parent and child arrive at the border - surely the authorities could implement a simple screening to determine whether or not the alleged relationship is true.

Can you describe how your screening system works?

And what do you plan to do with the hundreds and thousands of children for whom the screening results are problematic?

4 minutes ago, RAyMO said:

If a group consisting of alleged parents and children or parent and child arrive at the border - surely the authorities could implement a simple screening to determine whether or not the alleged relationship is true.

Like a DNA test? I can hear the uproar over violating their rights and keeping their DNA in a data base.

Just now, hacktorp said:

...or the Obama administration

...or the Bush administration

Evidence, please, that previous administrations held onto the children while deporting their parents after a border crossing attempt.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Michelle said:

Like a DNA test? I can hear the uproar over violating their rights and keeping their DNA in a data base.

Well don't keep the results in database - and suffer the uproar - many seem happy to suffer the uproar of separating kids from parents.

which do you prefer - separating kids from parents and suffering the uproar - (I see even Melania, and Mrs Bush are not to happy about it )

or carrying out DNA tests and letting kids stay with their parents and suffering the uproar.

Although all this is in response to the arguments that the measures are necessary to stop child trafficking, was that one of the original reasons  given for the introduction of the policy by the administration?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Tiggs said:

Evidence, please, that previous administrations held onto the children while deporting their parents after a border crossing attempt.

Can you show evidence that ANY of those adults are actually the parents of those children?

No, you can't.

• Like 1

Can you show evidence that ANY of those adults are actually the parents of those children?

No, you can't.

You'd think all the kids screaming for their mother while being seperated from them might give it away.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Tiggs said:

You'd think all the kids screaming for their mother while being seperated from them might give it away.

YOU would certainly think that.  But it ain't proof.

And, in the current climate, it is more likely propaganda.

• Confused 1

YOU would certainly think that.  But it ain't proof.

And, in the current climate, it is more likely propaganda.

And they prove it after separating the child... how, exactly?

1 minute ago, Tiggs said:

And they prove it after separating the child... how, exactly?

Excellent point...it may be extremely difficult.  Especially if the adult is here illegally.

How do YOU suggest these kids be protected from trafficking?  Or are you just shutting your eyes to the problem?

• Like 1

So Trump is now saying that immigrants will 'infest' the USA. A man who is himself a second generation immigrant. How is it possible to have such little self-awareness?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, hacktorp said:

Excellent point...it may be extremely difficult.  Especially if the adult is here illegally.

How do YOU suggest these kids be protected from trafficking?  Or are you just shutting your eyes to the problem?

We should shoot all the kids. It's the only way to ensure they'll never, ever be trafficked.

And if you're against that, then you clearly support child trafficking.

Truth is -- separating children from their family, and putting them in wire cages with armed guards has nothing to do with the prevention of child trafficking -- and everything to do with using them as a deterrent and political bargaining chip.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Tiggs said:

We should shoot all the kids. It's the only way to ensure they'll never, ever be trafficked.

Damn Tiggs...I do believe you've just thrown in the towel.  Bravo!