Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

FBI agent shoots man in leg during backflip

Still Waters

An off-duty FBI agent accidentally shot a bystander in the leg when his gun fell from its holster as he cavorted on the dance-floor of a bar in Denver, Colorado, police said.

Video widely shared on Twitter shows the agent strutting his stuff and then performing a backflip.

The gun falls to the floor and, as the agent goes to grab it, fires a shot.

The fellow customer hit by the bullet was taken to hospital with a non-life-threatening injury.

It is unclear if the agent, who has not been named, will face charges or disciplinary action.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-44349521

• Like 1

I'm glad no one was killed.  I understand why he was carrying but I have to wonder if he was drinking.  I'm not sure what the rules are in that case.  Either way, he acted like an idiot and should probably lose his job.  

• Like 3

strange, guns manufactured in last 10-15 years all have trigger safety, it should not have fired from a drop

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, aztek said:

strange, guns manufactured in last 10-15 years all have trigger safety, it should not have fired from a drop

It didn't fire from the drop. He picked it up too fast and got the trigger. 

• Like 3

I kind of think the safety would have still been engaged if he had it on in the first place.

depends on a gun, glocks have no manual safety. neither do revolvers.

Edited by aztek
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Farmer77 said:

It didn't fire from the drop. He picked it up too fast and got the trigger. 

Totally sounds like a drunk move, if the back flip didn't give that away lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, aztek said:

depends on a gun, glocks have no manual safety. neither do revolvers.

Is that true? How did I not know that? Did they design it that way for a service pistol or is it a service pistol because it has no manual safety?

Just now, Dark_Grey said:

Is that true? How did I not know that? Did they design it that way for a service pistol or is it a service pistol because it has no manual safety?

yes it is true,  glocks have long heavy pull and automatic double trigger safety.  one for trigger itself, the other for firing pin. i was designed as military weapon, they figured that would be enough, no reason to needlessly complicate the gun

Edited by aztek
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Dark_Grey said:

Glocks were rigorously designed and tested.  Dropping one and having it discharge is nearly impossible.  It's difficult to see on the video but I think when he grabbed the pistol, he engaged the trigger.  If not, he shouldn't be carrying that particular piece.

• Like 2

Latest:

An FBI agent accused of accidentally firing a gun as he danced at a bar has been charged with second-degree assault.

https://news.sky.com/story/fbi-agent-who-dropped-gun-while-dancing-charged-11403135

• Like 1

wont stick, the DA purposely overcharged him. so he's found not guilty,  i was no assault, it was a negligence at best

Edited by aztek
  • Like 1