Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Real Life Miracles

Kais_one

Ya know I always wondered if the word 'omnipotence' meant a guy could keep it up indefinitely........

As to the Baba Yogi, he was a man with a cult of personality. Just like many so-called "spiritual" teachers.

Depending on your def of miracle. 

Are any of these actually miracles?

17 hours ago, Kais_one said:

David Icke thinks he's a paedophile running a underground cult of some kind

Wouldn't be surprised if Icke is a paedo.

• 5 months later...

I have experienced a miracle! The short version of my story is that I needed shoes and my family couldn't afford them. There has been one time in my life when I prayed that God would give me shoes. The very next day, without anyone but my parents and me knowing about my need, someone showed up at our house with a brand new pair of shoes, the nicest shoes I had every owned. A few years later, I shared that story with some friends from church, and three or four other people shared their miracle stories in response! It inspired me to launch a project sharing people's stories. I now have a YouTube channel, various social media pages, and a book that published yesterday sharing these stories. Just search Genuine Miracles.

In case anyone is interested in the book, you can get the eBook for free between now and 11/10 on Amazon! https://smile.amazon.com/Genuine-Miracles-True-Stories-People/dp/1732666806

6 minutes ago, Lee Freeman said:

I have experienced a miracle! The short version of my story is that I needed shoes and my family couldn't afford them. There has been one time in my life when I prayed that God would give me shoes. The very next day, without anyone but my parents and me knowing about my need, someone showed up at our house with a brand new pair of shoes, the nicest shoes I had every owned. A few years later, I shared that story with some friends from church, and three or four other people shared their miracle stories in response! It inspired me to launch a project sharing people's stories. I now have a YouTube channel, various social media pages, and a book that published yesterday sharing these stories. Just search Genuine Miracles.

In case anyone is interested in the book, you can get the eBook for free between now and 11/10 on Amazon! https://smile.amazon.com/Genuine-Miracles-True-Stories-People/dp/1732666806

Hmm....is this advertising? :o

i would not call your story a miracle, maybe you have something else? ( on here will do)

On 6/5/2018 at 9:24 AM, Kais_one said:

Sathya Sai Baba

is he a con or the real deal?

and Michael Talbot think he may be the real deal...…..???
what do you people think?

Demons and demonic possessions are real. I'm not saying anything more than that.

2 hours ago, freetoroam said:

Hmm....is this advertising? :o

i would not call your story a miracle, maybe you have something else? ( on here will do)

Freetoroam, I felt like it was fair to post since it's free, but I know it's borderline. And no, I'm not a con, but I guess there's really no way for anyone to know for sure. Any belief system requires some degree of faith. Nevertheless, if you check out the YouTube channel, you'll see that lots of people I know claim to have experienced miracles firsthand, even when there is no advantage to them doing so. If anything, it's kind of a taboo to claim that publicly. Yet they insist.

To answer your other question, yes, I have over a dozen other stories, some of which are accounts corroborated by several other people. However, I'm not going to paste my whole book here! ;)

Just now, Lee Freeman said:

Freetoroam, I felt like it was fair to post since it's free, but I know it's borderline. And no, I'm not a con, but I guess there's really no way for anyone to know for sure. Any belief system requires some degree of faith. Nevertheless, if you check out the YouTube channel, you'll see that lots of people I know claim to have experienced miracles firsthand, even when there is no advantage to them doing so. If anything, it's kind of a taboo to claim that publicly. Yet they insist.

To answer your other question, yes, I have over a dozen other stories, some of which are accounts corroborated by several other people. However, I'm not going to paste my whole book here! ;)

Hi, i never said you were a con, i was just pointing out that your story did not come across as being a miracle.

Can you put one example of what you have heard of as a miracle on here.

You can not come on a forum and tell us to go look for it ourselves, does not quite work that way.

People claiming miracles is not new, but as of yet, the majority have been explainable. Do you have anything new?

2 hours ago, freetoroam said:

Hi, i never said you were a con, i was just pointing out that your story did not come across as being a miracle.

Can you put one example of what you have heard of as a miracle on here.

You can not come on a forum and tell us to go look for it ourselves, does not quite work that way.

People claiming miracles is not new, but as of yet, the majority have been explainable. Do you have anything new?

That's fair. Sorry, I thought the post below yours was asking if I was a con, but I misread it! Here's one of the shorter stories, from a guy who goes to my church named Duane:

I felt well-rested when I woke up that morning. I started the day with my usual nutrition shake and workout. Then I headed to church where I was leading worship, one of the best parts of my life for the past 14 years or so.

As we began the worship set, things were going well, but after a song or two, I started feeling strange. I thought maybe if I closed my eyes for a moment, the feeling would pass. I suddenly found myself on the floor, and people were rushing toward me to carry me backstage.

As I regained consciousness, I tried to figure out what had happened. Without any other apparent culprit, the only cause I could imagine was low blood sugar, so I drank a sports drink. I felt fine afterward and even went back out for the final worship song at the end of the service.

In the months following, I never had any other symptoms. There was a lingering apprehension that I had some undiagnosed medical problem or that it would happen again, but it never did. On Christmas Eve, I learned why.

I was leading worship again on Christmas Eve, some six months after I went unconscious onstage. After the service, a young man approached me and asked if he could speak with me for a moment.

Stepping aside, he told me about a dark time in his life approximately six months prior. He had been questioning his faith and was angry at God. Although he did not want to be in church that day, his family had pressured him to come. He stood in the worship service ready to renounce his faith entirely. But one last time, he had prayed, “God, if you’re real, make that man fall down.”

“I guess I need to apologize,” he told me, “because I prayed that prayer about you.” My heart swelled from appreciation and amazement. How incredible for God to use me in reaching out to a wayward son. What a bold gesture God had made.

In my astonishment, I was temporarily speechless and could only laugh, shaking my head in wonder. I eventually thanked him for telling me. I felt great relief knowing the reason I fell was not some mysterious medical condition. “However,” I joked with him, “Next time you need a target, you could pray for God to put a million dollars in my pocket!”

The young man laughed and proceeded to tell me how God had changed his life since. His faith is now unassailable. He even enrolled in seminary to become a pastor and share Jesus with others.

Who knows why that young man was angry with God? Perhaps it seemed God had not heard him about a crucial prayer. Or maybe God seemed absent during a time of great need. I cannot say why He may have appeared to be silent or absent. However, I can testify that God loves that man enough to make me swoon.

(In almost two years since, I have had no other fainting episodes or any related issues.)

* Author's note: Hundreds of people saw him go down, and I was there when the guy told him what happened six months later!

72 % of Americans and 59% of British people believe that miracles occur today. 65% of Australians also believe they do 

A 2010 Pew Research Center report found 79 percent of Americans, including 78 percent ages 18 to 29, believe in miracles. In the 2003 National Study of Youth and Religion, 91 percent of respondents said they definitely or maybe believe in the possibility of divine miracles from God.

Penn State’s Martin analyzed General Social Survey data from 1991 to 2008. He found the belief in miracles is growing in recent years. Nearly 73 percent of American adults in 1991 believed that miracles definitely or probably existed, compared to 78 percent in 2008. The percentage who “definitely” believed in miracles rose from 45 percent in 1991 to 55 percent in 2008.

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/david-briggs/belief-in-miracles-on-the-rise-in-the-age-of-oprah_b_2039372.html

This figure is from 2004, but remains interesting 

A new survey of America’s doctors reveals three out of every four are believers in miracles.

The poll of 1,100 physicians found 74 percent of doctors believe miracles have occurred in the past, and 73 percent believe they can occur toda

The survey was conducted by HCD Research and the Louis Finkelstein Institute for Religious and Social Studies of the Jewish Theological Seminary in New York.

“The picture that emerges is one where doctors, although presumably more highly educated than their average patient, are not necessarily more secular or radically different in religious outlook than the public,” said Dr. Alan Mittleman, director of the institute.

Read more at https://www.wnd.com/2004/12/28152/#FSVEp8ho2oyElQs2.99

Even more striking than the number of people who believe in miracles is the number who claim to have witnessed or experienced them. For example, a 2006 Pew Forum survey studied charismatic and Pentecostal Christians in 10 countries. From these 10 countries alone, the number of charismatic Christians who claim to have witnessed or experienced divine healing comes out to roughly 200 million people. This estimate was not, however, the most surprising finding of the survey. The same survey showed that more than one-third of Christians in these same countries who do not claim to be charismatic or Pentecostal report witnessing or experiencing divine healing.

And the reports in these countries appear to be merely the tip of the iceberg. The survey did not include China, where one report from the China Christian Council over a decade ago attributed roughly half of all new Christian conversions to “faith healing experiences.” Another report from a different source in China suggested an even higher figure. Clearly many people around the world experience what they consider miracles, sometimes in life-changing ways.

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/craig-s-keener/miracles-in-the-bible-and-today_b_1274775.html

In America, about one third of the pop.  (more than 32%) claims to have encountered an angel, and one third also claim to have witnessed a miracle. 

Edited by Mr Walker
  • Thanks 1