Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Saudi Arabia women get first driving licences

Still Waters

Saudi Arabia has issued driving licences to women for the first time in decades just weeks before a ban on female drivers is lifted.

Ten women swapped their foreign licences for Saudi ones on Monday in cities across the country.

However, women's rights activists have complained of a new crackdown - with several being arrested.

A flood of applications is now expected in the run-up to 24 June when the ban will end.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-44367981

• Like 5

As long as they don't appear in the U.K with their licence and go on the Motorways, I remember one occasion when an Indian family decided to stop in the outside fast lane and have their sandwiches on the grass next to the middle barrier. On another occasion I witnessed a foreign driver reversing down the slip road on to the M-way as he got the wrong turn off, he never knew that he could have continued to the island at the top and continued on his way down the slip road and back on to the M-way. Scary.

• Like 3

Yeah this is a step in the right direction but it's 2018 and they are still following a book that tells them to treat women as second-class citizens. 

In 2018.

We have robots on Mars and these guys get to live like it's 500BC because PC culture has made us afraid to call them out on it. It's a bogus culture and a backwards religion - get up to speed with the rest of us already. I think the time for excuses is over.

• Like 3

47 minutes ago, spud the mackem said:

As long as they don't appear in the U.K with their licence and go on the Motorways, I remember one occasion when an Indian family decided to stop in the outside fast lane and have their sandwiches on the grass next to the middle barrier. On another occasion I witnessed a foreign driver reversing down the slip road on to the M-way as he got the wrong turn off, he never knew that he could have continued to the island at the top and continued on his way down the slip road and back on to the M-way. Scary.

I have seen muslims stop on the motorway to pray!!! And nothing gets done about it...jeeze!

2 hours ago, Still Waters said:

Saudi Arabia has issued driving licences to women for the first time in decades just weeks before a ban on female drivers is lifted.

How about a ban on these :

Unmarried adulterers can be sentenced to 100 lashes, married ones can be sentenced to stoning.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Capital_punishment_in_Saudi_Arabia

Absolute  barbarism!!!

• Like 1

Call me stupid, but what is unmarried adultery? Does betrothal count here?