Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Trump Cancels Super Bowl Champ's WH Visit

Agent0range

“The Philadelphia Eagles are unable to come to the White House with their full team to be celebrated tomorrow. They disagree with their President because he insists that they proudly stand for the National Anthem, hand on heart, in honor of the great men and women of our military and the people of our country,” Trump said in a statement Monday evening.

What a child.

https://people.com/politics/trump-disinvites-philadelphia-eagles-from-super-bowl-celebration-white-house/

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

None of the Philadelphia Eagles had declined to stand for the national anthem. Many of them have other serious reservations about Mr. Trump's presidency, and declined to attend the event. When it became clear that so few would attend that it would be embarrassing, Mr. Trump canceled the event.

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, bison said:

None of the Philadelphia Eagles had declined to stand for the national anthem. Many of them have other serious reservations about Mr. Trump's presidency, and declined to attend the event. When it became clear that so few would attend that it would be embarrassing, Mr. Trump canceled the event.

It was all used for political show.  I don't think it's a surprise that many didn't want to go.  He was for sure getting both star quarterbacks, the head coach, and owner.  I only know of 4 or 5 that publicly stated they wouldn't attend.  And then to talk about kneeling and staying in the locker room in his tweets?  Like you said, not one single Eagle kneeled or stayed in the locker room all season.  Tell the truth..."most of them don't like me and didn't want to come, so I ruined it for everyone."  

• Like 3

The Eagles released a statement today after the cancellation. It is true, none of the Eagles took a knee during the season. They intend to get ready for next season and were practicing today. This is a long article but shows the Eagles were not the first team to say only a delegation would go. I have mixed feelings as I know it wasn't the anthem but the policies that caused the rift. It doesn't seem like politics is going anywhere soon in sports in general.

http://6abc.com/sports/eagles-respond-after-trump-cancels-white-house-visit/3561204/

• Like 2

Here's another long article worth reading. Malcolm Jenkins makes quite a statement. No Eagle stayed in the locker room during the anthem either.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/23704668/white-house-blames-philadelphia-eagles-cancellation-super-bowl-celebratory-event

• Like 2

I'm a Giant fan, To hell with the Eagles :P

• Like 3

This is really meandering deep into the bizarre. So instead of hosting the Eagles Trump held a "patriotism event" that lasted a whopping ten minutes

The Latest: Trump holds 'patriotism' event without Eagles

And we have a 21st century August Landmesser (ok that may be a little hyperbolic but history will be the judge)

Unidentified man takes knee during anthem at Trump's 'Celebration of America' event  

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, susieice said:

The Eagles released a statement today after the cancellation. It is true, none of the Eagles took a knee during the season. They intend to get ready for next season and were practicing today. This is a long article but shows the Eagles were not the first team to say only a delegation would go. I have mixed feelings as I know it wasn't the anthem but the policies that caused the rift. It doesn't seem like politics is going anywhere soon in sports in general.

http://6abc.com/sports/eagles-respond-after-trump-cancels-white-house-visit/3561204/

Which polices do you think they stand against? The ones that brought black unemployment to an all time low?

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, preacherman76 said:

Which polices do you think they stand against? The ones that brought black unemployment to an all time low?

No. Can't answer for them. You need to read what they said.

Edited by susieice

In lieu of the canceled Superbowl celebration at the White House, the President presided over a patriotic ceremony today, which included the singing of the national anthem. Unfortunately, Mr. Trump, it was observed, did not seem to recall the words . . .   

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

32 minutes ago, susieice said:

No. Can't answer for them. You need to read what they said.

No can do. Its the eagles<_<:P

4 minutes ago, preacherman76 said:

Sorry. But I think the NFL will see more of the same this season. Wish politics would just get out of sports but not too likely to happen.

6 minutes ago, preacherman76 said:

Hey now..THE SUPER BOWL CHAMPION PHILADELPHIA EAGLES.  Saquon Barkley wants no part of the best front 9 in football...especially with 5 linemen in front of him that aren't worthy of backup spots on other teams.

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, susieice said:

Sorry. But I think the NFL will see more of the same this season. Wish politics would just get out of sports but not too likely to happen.

Yeah I don't care about it anymore really. Just wanna see our first round pick put up 1500 yards this season.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Agent0range said:

Hey now..THE SUPER BOWL CHAMPION PHILADELPHIA EAGLES.  Saquon Barkley wants no part of the best front 9 in football...especially with 5 linemen in front of him that aren't worthy of backup spots on other teams.

LOL touché

Although I wouldnt sleep on the changes they have made to the o-line. Besides Barkley hasn't ever had a good Oline. He gets it done anyway.

Edited by preacherman76
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, preacherman76 said:

Yeah I don't care about it anymore really. Just wanna see our first round pick put up 1500 yards this season.

I agree with the not caring though I don't want to see them accused of doing things they didn't do. They just held a regular practice today so it's the game they are concentrating on. That first round pick of your came from a town about 10 miles from me (Whitehall), then Penn State. Be good to him! I'm trusting Eli!

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, susieice said:

I agree with the not caring though I don't want to see them accused of doing things they didn't do. They just held a regular practice today so it's the game they are concentrating on. That first round pick of your came from a town about 10 miles from me (Whitehall), then Penn State. Be good to him! I'm trusting Eli!

Ahh my bad I forgot you were a Eagle fan. I can definitely see why you'd feel this was a slight by the president.

Yeah we are pumped to check him out. The other players seem to be impressed with him so far.

• Like 1

Just now, preacherman76 said:

Ahh my bad I forgot you were a Eagle fan. I can definitely see why you'd feel this was a slight by the president.

Yeah we are pumped to check him out. The other players seem to be impressed with him so far.

He was really good when he was in high school. Saw him play a few times.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, susieice said:

He was really good when he was in high school. Saw him play a few times.

His Dad said he watched him knock over a coach holding the pads for him at 8 years old lol. The kids legs are like tree trunks. When I watch his tape, I know this might sound like wishful thinking, but I see a Barry Sanders. Kid can cut on a dime, seemingly without slowing down. Its a tough division though, especially against the run.

He broke all kinds of high school records. It must have been fun to watch him play then.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, preacherman76 said:

His Dad said he watched him knock over a coach holding the pads for him at 8 years old lol. The kids legs are like tree trunks. When I watch his tape, I know this might sound like wishful thinking, but I see a Barry Sanders. Kid can cut on a dime, seemingly without slowing down. Its a tough division though, especially against the run.

He broke all kinds of high school records. It must have been fun to watch him play then.

It was. My alma mater plays Whitehall. Everyone knew this kid was special.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, preacherman76 said:

Here's a four minute video of Saquon at Whitehall High. The first team he's playing is Easton, my high school. He also bested Parkland next and Parkland has produced a couple NFL players.

http://www.maxpreps.com/video/watch.aspx?videoid=b4bdc8ec-2cc3-4b14-b36d-aaf4e32d901d

• Like 1

Eagles players react after Fox News showed them kneeling in prayer to falsely suggest they knelt in protest

Several Philadelphia Eagles players lashed out at Fox News on Tuesday morning after the network pictured them and teammates kneeling in prayer for a segment about President Donald Trump's decision to disinvite the reigning Super Bowl champions from a scheduled visit to the White House. 

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

That is totally wrong. I remember one of the players said he didn't want to be part of a political photo-op. Trump would have praised them for not protesting during the season. Many have done so much for our local communities. One played for free to benefit Philadelphia schools. It's in the link in post #5. I'm sure there are personal reasons why they didn't want to go. It is just wrong to say they disrespected the flag, the anthem or the military.

• Like 1

All this talk of actual sports makes it hard for a nerd like me to enter the conversation. :geek:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I used to like watching football but since politics got into it I didn't watch a game last year. Then you have the Bias Media spreading false news.

I'm becoming less dependent on tv and cut the cord on cable. Need to go outside more often anyway.

• Like 2