Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Trump Cancels Super Bowl Champ's WH Visit

Agent0range

4 minutes ago, Hawkin said:

I used to like watching football but since politics got into it I didn't watch a game last year.

I used to like watching Star Wars before politics got into it too.

*Inner Monologue: I gotta shift the conversation to something nerdy before this sports talk gets outta hand!!* :unsure2:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I remember this game well. It was in September, right after the season started. I believe 2 raised a fist in the beginning.

http://6abc.com/sports/eagles-link-arms-during-national-anthem/2449397/

Edited by susieice

37 minutes ago, Hawkin said:

I used to like watching football but since politics got into it I didn't watch a game last year. Then you have the Bias Media spreading false news.

I'm becoming less dependent on tv and cut the cord on cable. Need to go outside more often anyway.

The sad thing is that racial bias and police brutality are perceived as political issues.  Used to be those sort of things were human rights issues...oh what a world we live in.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Agent0range said:

The sad thing is that racial bias and police brutality are perceived as political issues.  Used to be those sort of things were human rights issues...oh what a world we live in.

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

Sorry for the all caps but damn its nice to hear others are seeing things the same way. 

• Like 3

42 minutes ago, Agent0range said:

Racism isn't the only Prejudice that people harbor. If someone doesn't have one, then they're surely to have another.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prejudice

Edited by Hawkin
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, susieice said:

Here's a four minute video of Saquon at Whitehall High. The first team he's playing is Easton, my high school. He also bested Parkland next and Parkland has produced a couple NFL players.

http://www.maxpreps.com/video/watch.aspx?videoid=b4bdc8ec-2cc3-4b14-b36d-aaf4e32d901d

Wow, looked like a man playing with children lol. Even had some good defensive plays.

• Like 1

http://6abc.com/sports/eagles-pederson-was-looking-forward-to-wh-visit-but-moving-on/3568864/

Everyone still insists it was over the national anthem protests. Maybe to Trump, but not to the Eagles. Philly news has said they will try to interview players after their practice today.

Edited by susieice

On the face of it, it seems political. Last week 80 some players confirmed they were gonna be there....so the President makes room in his schedule to be there to congratulate them.Then the day before the event, suddenly, only 3 or 4 are going to show up? (How rude is that?!) Leaves the POTUS standing there with egg on his face. On top of that, insult to injury, they offer to come when they know the President won't be there. (Again...how rude!). I would have cancelled too.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, skliss said:

On the face of it, it seems political. 

Which is of course mainly because Trump made it political by commenting on it.

6 minutes ago, skliss said:

Last week 80 some players confirmed they were gonna be there

I don't think this is the case, I've seen no evidence that 80 players confirmed anything.  The White House says 'the Eagles' notified them of 80 people attending, at the very best it sounds like someone in the Eagles organization failed to check with the players on whether they would attend. (I say 'very best' as I don't know why anyone would believe what Trump's White House says without corroboration, given the huge volume of lies he spews)

On the plus side it seems to have demonstrated that uber-patriot Trump doesn't even know the words to 'God Bless America'.

• Haha 1

I actually  tried to sing it when I heard this and flubbed up the lines. It's not a song we sing that often.

I'm going off reports. No one has denied that 80 players were confirmed to go. If I was having a party, Invited 80 people who rsvp'd their attendance, put aside other commitments ( And I'm not potus), planned, cooked, gave it my time and attention and then heard only 3 were actually going to show? I'd cancel as well. Would anyone stand there with egg on their face? I don't think so. And this is the WH! You put aside your commitments when invited there! I don't care whose potus...if Obama invited me for some achievement I made, I would drop everything, out of respect for the office, and go.  It has to be deliberate....otherwise why offer to come when they know he wont be there?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

16 hours ago, Aquila King said:

All this talk of actual sports makes it hard for a nerd like me to enter the conversation. :geek:

I'll break it down for you: in football, you win by scoring points. You score points by rolling the ball in to a hoop that has been elevated on a post. That is called a "strike" and it's worth 2 penalty boxes. You then take the ball and run as far down the field as you can until you are standing on "home plate". At which point you must hit the ball in to the crowd with a cylindrical piece of wood known as a "bat". Upon successfully launching the ball beyond the fence and in to the crowd, you can begin your victory dance.

Now I've reached the limit of my sports knowledge. Hope that helps!

• Like 1
  • Haha 4
  • Confused 1

Lots of pettiness on both sides of this.

Players should suck it up and go to the White House no matter who is the president.   You are not endorsing anything.   I'm fairly certain that past teams did not agree on everything the administration at the time did.  Show a sign of unity and go.

Trump should back off.  There are people with various views in the country you run.   This doesn't have to be about the anthem disrespect. 

• Like 1

I felt especially bad for the fans who travelled there to cheer for their team and then only 3 were gonna show?! They should have gone for their loyal fans if nothing else. Those people are why they make a gazillion dollars each.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dark_Grey said:

I'll break it down for you: in football, you win by scoring points. You score points by rolling the ball in to a hoop that has been elevated on a post. That is called a "strike" and it's worth 2 penalty boxes. You then take the ball and run as far down the field as you can until you are standing on "home plate". At which point you must hit the ball in to the crowd with a cylindrical piece of wood known as a "bat". Upon successfully launching the ball beyond the fence and in to the crowd, you can begin your victory dance.

Now I've reached the limit of my sports knowledge. Hope that helps!

No wonder I failed P.E. :lol:

• Haha 2

In regards to the topic...

Look, I honestly don't know why everyone is so incredibly upset by all of this. The players should be able to go or not go if they do or don't want to, and the president doesn't have to rail against them for not going. Honestly, like, who cares?

For those saying it's disrespectful to the president, well, that's a matter of opinion. And regardless, they have the right to be disrespectful if they want. I don't like this authoritarian trend going on here where people keep trying to force the players to stand for the anthem, or force them to meet the president, force them to 'respect' and 'honor' the nation through some symbolic mumbo-jumbo whatever.

If the players were doing the same thing for a cause I strongly disagreed with, and to a president I strongly supported, I wouldn't really give two s**ts if they did.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Aquila King said:

In regards to the topic...

Look, I honestly don't know why everyone is so incredibly upset by all of this. The players should be able to go or not go if they do or don't want to, and the president doesn't have to rail against them for not going. Honestly, like, who cares?

For those saying it's disrespectful to the president, well, that's a matter of opinion. And regardless, they have the right to be disrespectful if they want. I don't like this authoritarian trend going on here where people keep trying to force the players to stand for the anthem, or force them to meet the president, force them to 'respect' and 'honor' the nation through some symbolic mumbo-jumbo whatever.

If the players were doing the same thing for a cause I strongly disagreed with, and to a president I strongly supported, I wouldn't really give two s**ts if they did.

Agreed. With all the real issues at hand, this feels like a "two scoops of ice cream!" filler story.

• Like 1

I heard that only one eagles player was going to show up. I agree it would have been an embarrassment for Trump.

Oh, and the short "Celebration of America" that was held in place of the Eagles meeting got some fake news reporting:

CNN Analyst Gets Called Out By CNN For Spreading Epic Fake News

CNN political analyst April Ryan was called out by her colleagues at the network on Tuesday for spreading false information about President Donald Trump being booed at a White House event celebrating America.

Ryan tweeted: "Breaking: Reporters on the South Lawn have confirmed the @realDonaldTrump was heckled and booed when he came out to celebrate America."

The only problem, and she had to eat her words, was a heckler was being booed, not Trump.

Source

Presumably she will be immediately fired by CNN ? 

Oh... no.. wait... :P 

2 hours ago, .ZZ. said:

I heard that only one eagles player was going to show up. I agree it would have been an embarrassment for Trump.

Oh, and the short "Celebration of America" that was held in place of the Eagles meeting got some fake news reporting:

CNN Analyst Gets Called Out By CNN For Spreading Epic Fake News

The only problem, and she had to eat her words, was a heckler was being booed, not Trump.

Source

From what we heard here, 10 were going. Could not confirm a RSVP of 80. It seems like many of the players had said before hand they didn't want to go. Not knowing their minds, I do know they aren't the first team where members didn't go to the celebration at the WH. The coach and players are saying they are just moving on and were at practice today. News said they would have interviews after the practice, but they aired none. I think the Eagles will just move on and that's it. Long didn't go last year with the Patriots. Several Patriots didn't go.

http://www.mychamplainvalley.com/news/the-latest-eagles-players-individually-decided-on-wh-trip/1222687803

Edited by susieice
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, susieice said:

From what we heard here, 10 were going. Could not confirm a RSVP of 80. It seems like many of the players had said before hand they didn't want to go. Not knowing their minds, I do know they aren't the first team where members didn't go to the celebration at the WH. The coach and players are saying they are just moving on and were at practice today. News said they would have interviews after the practice, but they aired none. I think the Eagles will just move on and that's it. Long didn't go last year with the Patriots. Several Patriots didn't go.

http://www.mychamplainvalley.com/news/the-latest-eagles-players-individually-decided-on-wh-trip/1222687803

That's what I get for reading Twitter. :unsure2:

:)

• Like 1

Am I the only one that doesn't twitter? :unsure:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, susieice said:

Am I the only one that doesn't twitter? :unsure:

I don't even know what device you need to do that.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Likely Guy said:

I don't even know what device you need to do that.

Never have, likely never will. Here is about the only place people on the internet can read my mind numbing thoughts 

Edit to add --

That was meant for Susieice...but yeah, Twitter doesn't call to me at all

Edited by Dark_Grey
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1