Jump to content
Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
UM-Bot

China's 'Dark Sword' stealth drone revealed

51 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

OverSword

This is just a mock up if not pure misinformation.  A friends son who was involved in the US drone program told me that we are years away from having a drone that could match an actual human in a pilots seat because there is too much lag  between telling a drone to do something and the actual execution of the move by the drone. 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Black Monk
30 minutes ago, OverSword said:

 A friends son who was involved in the US drone program told me that we are years away from having a drone that could match an actual human in a pilots seat 

Well that's the Americans, but what about the Chinese?

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
OverSword
Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, Black Monk said:

Well that's the Americans, but what about the Chinese?

No doubt years behind the Americans.  here is an actual drone used by the Chinese military. ;)

41QuhkPiYIL._SY355_.jpg

But seriously though.  Do you believe that there are pictures of a top secret ultra high tech chinese drone on UM?  Get real. 

Edited by OverSword
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Piney
49 minutes ago, OverSword said:

This is just a mock up if not pure misinformation.  A friends son who was involved in the US drone program told me that we are years away from having a drone that could match an actual human in a pilots seat because there is too much lag  between telling a drone to do something and the actual execution of the move by the drone. 

My nephew-in law in the Japanese military says the same thing. They are still ass backwards in tech. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
AstralHorus

or is that what they want us to believe? i remember a year or so back the U.S air force had a drone in space land and go back up. i feel if they can do that, with what we know with our current drones. What more does a drone Fighter jet have to do? we're already faster then anything else. if one things known, the Chinese are pretty good at taking plans and reverse engineering it for their own.

link space drone
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-space-military-spaceplane-idUSKBN1830PF

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
OverSword
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, AstralHorus said:

or is that what they want us to believe? i remember a year or so back the U.S air force had a drone in space land and go back up. i feel if they can do that, with what we know with our current drones. What more does a drone Fighter jet have to do? we're already faster then anything else. if one things known, the Chinese are pretty good at taking plans and reverse engineering it for their own.

link space drone
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-space-military-spaceplane-idUSKBN1830PF

You're talking about a military with one aircraft carrier, built by the Russians over 40 years ago. 

The reason why unmanned fighter craft are not feasible is because of reaction time.  While a pilot inside an aircraft can turn that aircraft at reflex speed a drone pilot is often very far from the aircraft that is being flown and commands can take a critical second or more before the drone receives and executes. A drone will not be a match for a fighter jet.

 

Edit:  Also please note your link is about US technology not Chinese.  Just where are the Chinese going to get a US military stealth, space, or any other kind of drone to reverse engineer?  It's one thing for them to reverse engineer a car, because the parts are actually made and assembled in china but do you think they have access to the skunk works?

Edited by OverSword
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
pallidin

The Lockheed Martin "Skunk Works" facility seems like an ideal military complex for adversarial governments to secretly place or develop spies.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Black Monk
Posted (edited)
18 hours ago, Piney said:

My nephew-in law in the Japanese military says the same thing. They are still ass backwards in tech. 

This is Japan we're talking about here?!?!?!

Edited by Black Monk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Piney
28 minutes ago, Black Monk said:

This is Japan we're talking about here?!?!?!

No, China. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Black Monk
2 minutes ago, Piney said:

No, China. 

China is probably at the forefront of drone technology.

China set a world record in December 2017 at the Global Fortune Forum in Guangzhou when it succeeded in mobilizing the largest swarm of drones in history. Over 1,000 miniature drones performed a variety of tasks to showcase the collective orchestration of the high-tech instruments.

2R8A5189.jpeg

https://thediplomat.com/2018/02/chinas-swarms-of-smart-drones-have-enormous-military-potential/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Piney
1 minute ago, Black Monk said:

China is probably at the forefront of drone technology.

China set a world record in December 2017 at the Global Fortune Forum in Guangzhou when it succeeded in mobilizing the largest swarm of drones in history. Over 1,000 miniature drones performed a variety of tasks to showcase the collective orchestration of the high-tech instruments.

Pre-progamming a group of distinct maneuvers is not "forefront".  Having drones that are autonomous and can react to any situation is....

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Black Monk
1 minute ago, Piney said:

Pre-progamming a group of distinct maneuvers is not "forefront".  Having drones that are autonomous and can react to any situation is....

Is China at the forefront of drone technology?

https://chinapower.csis.org/china-drones-unmanned-technology/

ChinaPower_MultiRoleDrone_full-MF-edits-

China Is Surging Forward With Its Development Of Advanced Stealth Combat Drones

China's work in the high-end unmanned combat air vehicle space is accelerating while the Pentagon remains publicly uninterested in the concept.

http://www.thedrive.com/the-war-zone/18727/china-is-surging-forward-with-its-development-of-advanced-stealth-combat-drones

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
OverSword
2 hours ago, Black Monk said:

So the daily mail is an expert on the capabilities of the US or of China's military capabilities, and at a top secret level no less.  Why would I even bother to read that?  But then again I do read science fiction quite often.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
AstralHorus
19 hours ago, OverSword said:

You're talking about a military with one aircraft carrier, built by the Russians over 40 years ago. 

The reason why unmanned fighter craft are not feasible is because of reaction time.  While a pilot inside an aircraft can turn that aircraft at reflex speed a drone pilot is often very far from the aircraft that is being flown and commands can take a critical second or more before the drone receives and executes. A drone will not be a match for a fighter jet.

 

Edit:  Also please note your link is about US technology not Chinese.  Just where are the Chinese going to get a US military stealth, space, or any other kind of drone to reverse engineer?  It's one thing for them to reverse engineer a car, because the parts are actually made and assembled in china but do you think they have access to the skunk works?

wouldn't surprise me, they're able to get plans and make their own version of our stuff all the time, figure its just a matter of time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
UFOwatcher

I won't hold my breath until we see this thing in the air.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
OverSword
1 hour ago, Black Monk said:

China's work in the high-end unmanned combat air vehicle space is accelerating while the Pentagon remains publicly uninterested in the concept.

 

 

for good reason.  What the USA uses the drones for is what they are good at.  If China were to ever be stupid enough to use drones in an environment where they did not have total control of the air you would see why.  But I doubt they are that stupid.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Black Monk
Posted (edited)
35 minutes ago, AstralHorus said:

wouldn't surprise me, they're able to get plans and make their own version of our stuff all the time, figure its just a matter of time.

The Austrians used drones to attack Venice in 1849.

The Israelis were using drone technology before the Americans.

The man who invented the Predator drone is an Iraqi.

What makes you think that the clever, genius and inventive Chinese - the people who gave us paper, printing, gunpowder, fireworks, bells, alcoholic beverages, pottery vessels, coffins, bricks, noodles, oars, acupuncture, bellows, banknotes, bombs, brandy, toothbrushes, clocks, cannon, crossbows, dominoes, dry docks, flares, flamethrowers, fuses, gas cylinders, gas lighting, the hand fan, the horse harness, incense, kites, landmines, the rocket launcher, oil refining, oil well, paper cups, parachutes, pig iron, playing cards, porcelain, the seismometer, the stirrup, sunglasses, tea, teabag, teapot, toilet paper, umbrellas, hot air balloons, wheelbarrows, wrapping paper and electronic cigarettes - would need to copy a foreign country when it comes to creating drones?

Edited by Black Monk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
OverSword
Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, Black Monk said:

The Austrians used drones to attack Venice in 1849.

The Israelis were using drone technology before the Americans.

What makes you think that the clever, genius and inventive Chinese - the people who have us paper, printing, gunpowder, fireworks, bells, alcoholic beverages, pottery vessels, coffins, bricks, noodles, oars, acupuncture, bellows, banknotes, bombs, brandy, toothbrushes, clocks, cannon, crossbows, dominoes, dry docks, flares, flamethrowers, fuses, gas cylinders, gas lighting, the hand fan, the horse harness, incense, kites, landmines, the rocket launcher, oil refining, oil well, paper cups, parachutes, pig iron, playing cards, porcelain, the seismometer, the stirrup, sunglasses, tea, teabag, teapot, toilet paper, umbrellas, hot air balloons, wheelbarrows, wrapping paper and electronic cigarettes - would need to copy a foreign country when it comes to creating drones?

You mean the same communist regime that starved 30 million of their own people to death because they killed everyone that knew how to run a farm?  Yeah.  Smart.   You're ridiculous.

Edited by OverSword
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Troublehalf
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, OverSword said:

So the daily mail is an expert on the capabilities of the US or of China's military capabilities, and at a top secret level no less.  Why would I even bother to read that?  But then again I do read science fiction quite often.

No. No they're not. That's why they asked 'experts'. Now, the credentials of the 'experts' might be dubious, but the article is just that. An article. On a website. They cite a source from Business Insider, which interviewed Justin Bronk who is a Research Fellow of Military Science. It gives you information to find other sources to cross-reference or read, if you so wish. Or a simple Google (or your own preferred Search Engine) search will find other articles.

http://uk.businessinsider.com/chinas-dark-sword-fighter-jet-is-a-nightmare-for-the-us-military-2018-6

Edited by Troublehalf

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
OverSword
19 minutes ago, Troublehalf said:

No. No they're not. That's why they asked 'experts'. Now, the credentials of the 'experts' might be dubious, but the article is just that. An article. On a website. They cite a source from Business Insider, which interviewed Justin Bronk who is a Research Fellow of Military Science. It gives you information to find other sources to cross-reference or read, if you so wish. Or a simple Google (or your own preferred Search Engine) search will find other articles.

http://uk.businessinsider.com/chinas-dark-sword-fighter-jet-is-a-nightmare-for-the-us-military-2018-6

Okay, so this article shows this picture

5b169e5c1ae6621b008b4b88-960-538.jpg

And then based on this photo with the question marks they state that:

Quote

China released images of a new, unmanned, stealth-fighter-style jet, and they present a shocking look into how close Beijing has come to unseating the US as the dominant military air power.

This is very laughable IMO.  What a gigantic leap that statement is, derived from this photo.

 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
AstralHorus
8 hours ago, Black Monk said:

The Austrians used drones to attack Venice in 1849.

The Israelis were using drone technology before the Americans.

The man who invented the Predator drone is an Iraqi.

What makes you think that the clever, genius and inventive Chinese - the people who gave us paper, printing, gunpowder, fireworks, bells, alcoholic beverages, pottery vessels, coffins, bricks, noodles, oars, acupuncture, bellows, banknotes, bombs, brandy, toothbrushes, clocks, cannon, crossbows, dominoes, dry docks, flares, flamethrowers, fuses, gas cylinders, gas lighting, the hand fan, the horse harness, incense, kites, landmines, the rocket launcher, oil refining, oil well, paper cups, parachutes, pig iron, playing cards, porcelain, the seismometer, the stirrup, sunglasses, tea, teabag, teapot, toilet paper, umbrellas, hot air balloons, wheelbarrows, wrapping paper and electronic cigarettes - would need to copy a foreign country when it comes to creating drones?

as a person who has actually been to china and have relatives who visit regularly... they copy everything else:rolleyes: :rofl:

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Troublehalf
6 hours ago, OverSword said:

Okay, so this article shows this picture

And then based on this photo with the question marks they state that:

This is very laughable IMO.  What a gigantic leap that statement is, derived from this photo.

 

Oh for sure. I wasn't saying the Daily Mail was some expert or even a quality website (and not the place to discuss whether it is or it isn't, I have no particular view or care on the matter) but that they just do what a lot of websites do these days. Find a website that got an exclusive interview, then cite that article. It's often websites M.O's as they can blame any mistakes, errors, lies or what have you on the fact they got their source from another website (which then may and got it from elsewhere and so on). Sadly you gotta dig to find original stuff. I can't fault Daily Mail for trying to make information consumable or give it to an audience who don't go looking elsewhere for stuff. But yeah, not great. Still, there was an 'expert' there somewhere, just had to go and find the original interview.

As it is, back on topic, I'm pretty sure I read somewhere there was a claim that the Chinese had 'cloned' the American Predator, but managed to do it at a way knocked down price. If that's the case, is this 'new' drone needed, when (assuming they have it) their domestic version of the Predator exists? I suppose in a theoretical war between China and a modern military, sure. However it could be a propaganda piece, since the USA spoke out about the Chinese militarisation of artificial islands (quite how it was allowed to get to this stage when such actions are against International Law, is another debate) and it's a 'Best get your experts head scratching on whether this is a legit thing or not'. A few years ago, the Russians did the same with their new Next-Gen Individual Soldier Combat Suit and (anecdotal evidence aside) wasn't actually anything that groundbreaking according to my friends knowledgeable in such matters. But they don't know the details and can only go off what they saw and what was said. Russia also did a few announcements recently about missile technology which is pretty advanced and some which is downright game changing (if it's legit). So, what's real, what is propaganda and what is legit but portrayed as propaganda, is where the egg heads come in and have to work out on our behalf. We can but guess.

If it is legit, then thoughts need to be put towards anti-drone warfare again and making sure the systems which currently exist can cope with this potential new technology. Pretty sure the Chinese have laser rifles which are designed to destroy drone optics (as laser rifles are illegal to be used against biological targets, not that it'd stop a desperate foe). Sure USA has something up their sleeves for that.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
OverSword

Considering the sheer spending by the US on military as a fair measuring stick I'm very skeptical about any claims of China or any other nation soon outdoing the US militarily in any arena and doubly in the air or the sea 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.