Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

China's 'Dark Sword' stealth drone revealed

UM-Bot

Why do people in the USA always believe we are light years ahead of everyone else?  Drinking the Kool-Aid?  This could all be misinformation, but should we take it lightly?  I don't think so.  We took Hitler lightly as well and see where that got us.  We ignored the radar reports at Pearl Harbor and see what we got. Our own technological arrogance will be our undoing.  If we were that smart we wouldn't have needed German scientist to fix our rocket program.  We were sure doing a "bang-up" job ourselves.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, paperdyer said:

Why do people in the USA always believe we are light years ahead of everyone else?  Drinking the Kool-Aid?  This could all be misinformation, but should we take it lightly?  I don't think so.  We took Hitler lightly as well and see where that got us.  We ignored the radar reports at Pearl Harbor and see what we got. Our own technological arrogance will be our undoing.  If we were that smart we wouldn't have needed German scientist to fix our rocket program.  We were sure doing a "bang-up" job ourselves.

Aww Schucks.  Why would anyone think that think that?

220px-Sr71_1.jpghqdefault.jpg594a7beee592ed0b1a8b5afd-750-562.jpg

imgres_t700.jpg53f24c206bb3f719761c5fb5-640-320.jpgah-64e_ap_1503026722.jpg

• Like 1

@Oversword - I never said we were stupid, just not as smart as we think we are.

20 hours ago, OverSword said:

Considering the sheer spending by the US on military as a fair measuring stick I'm very skeptical about any claims of China or any other nation soon outdoing the US militarily in any arena and doubly in the air or the sea 

Take into consideration the immeasurable over-spending while doing their military spending, how many swindlers got caught - and more importantly how many more didn't, inflating the prices of items on orders for that great big military machine, M4 screws for what amounts to $10 a pop instead of 10 cents etc. 

No doubt US military spending is huge, biggest in the world, but at the end of that long chain, how much of that funding actually makes it down to a practical field use by a military force, and how much is sucked up by be bureaucracy, overpriced orders getting away with it since the orders are often just automatic, transport and shipping costs etc. Spending alone doesn't necessarily translate into effective result. How many prototypes and "latest in the arsenal" items we've seen over the years... and yet, what we see is the general US army force still rocks around in same old humvees, updated with bits and pieces sure, but nothing new there, still rocking around with what is essentially a facelifted M16, all the that money yet not many visible changes on the outside. We get to see some token items like new F22's here and there, not in wide-spread use, some fancy new ship, not in wide-spread use, snapshots of some fancy new drone - most progress seems to be in that direction.

What I mean is Chinese govt with their "do as I say or else" iron fist grip could achieve a lot in a short time without as much as a quarter of US overheads.

Food for thought, I could be very wrong with it, but still.

12 minutes ago, Marcin said:

Take into consideration the immeasurable over-spending while doing their military spending, how many swindlers got caught - and more importantly how many more didn't, inflating the prices of items on orders for that great big military machine, M4 screws for what amounts to $10 a pop instead of 10 cents etc. 

A different perspective on that is that perhaps the military never actually did pay 10 dollars instead of 10 cents, maybe they didn't buy that thousand dollar hammer, they just told us they did because that was the quickest way to account for the money which was being spent elsewhere, I.E black ops projects. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Marcin said:

What I mean is Chinese govt with their "do as I say or else" iron fist grip could achieve a lot in a short time without as much as a quarter of US overheads.

You are so wrong.  China is not how you picture it.  I watched a documentary on NHK about the construction of the first trans-china highway (which is not very old to clue you in on Chinese organization and infrastructure) It was a nightmare of graft, bribery and organized crime gangs with corrupt construction companies fleecing everyone throughout the entire endeavor.  You may think that the government has everyone in a terrified lock-step but that is not the reality. 

Edited by OverSword
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, paperdyer said:

@Oversword - I never said we were stupid, just not as smart as we think we are.

regardless we are light years ahead of China in military technology and budget.

• Like 1

On 6/7/2018 at 1:25 AM, OverSword said:

This is just a mock up if not pure misinformation.  A friends son who was involved in the US drone program told me that we are years away from having a drone that could match an actual human in a pilots seat because there is too much lag  between telling a drone to do something and the actual execution of the move by the drone. 

Oh... I don't know: 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Occams Razor said:

Oh... I don't know: 

Yes I've seen this but at no point do they say this design would be used for dog fighting purposes which is what the discussion is about.  As a matter of fact the man being interviewed said only in the realm of fantasy.  As I stated earlier drones are currently being used in a capacity that is perfect for their comparatively limited capabilities.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, OverSword said:

Yes I've seen this but at no point do they say this design would be used for dog fighting purposes which is what the discussion is about.  As a matter of fact the man being interviewed said only in the realm of fantasy.  As I stated earlier drones are currently being used in a capacity that is perfect for their comparatively limited capabilities.

https://www.newscientist.com/article/dn19162-warning-sounded-over-british-dogfighting-drone/

15 hours ago, Occams Razor said:

but it will also be able to seek and destroy enemy aircraft in dogfights

Only because they are relying on it's stealth capabilities not because it could actually compete with a pilot in a seat.  Even the Americans F-117 nighthawk, although called a stealth fighter is only used on bombing missions because it's too vulnerable in an actual dog fighter role.  But regardless this is England and France not China.  Although it wouldn't surprise me if the traitor Clinton gave the Chinese access to stealth technology we have no evidence of this and the drone from the photo of the OP is not a stealth craft by any stretch of the imagination, which is what this thread is about.

Edited by OverSword
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/13/2018 at 4:24 PM, preacherman76 said:

On 6/14/2018 at 11:19 PM, OverSword said:

Only because they are relying on it's stealth capabilities not because it could actually compete with a pilot in a seat. 

Did you miss this bit from the article "it will also be able to seek and destroy enemy aircraft in dogfights"?

Edited by Occams Razor

8 hours ago, Occams Razor said:

Did you miss this bit from the article "it will also be able to seek and destroy enemy aircraft in dogfights"?

I'll believe it when I see it.  Sounds like disinformation.  If you had stealth drones with that potential capability do you actually think you would advertise that advantage in a magazine?  Not very sound stategy.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, OverSword said:

I'll believe it when I see it.  Sounds like disinformation.  If you had stealth drones with that potential capability do you actually think you would advertise that advantage in a magazine?  Not very sound stategy.

Of course they would. The enemy has to spend time and money coming up with counter measures and trying to develop a similarly capable device of their own. They have been working on combat drones that can take far more G Force than a human pilot for years, and this is British, it's not from some bum-**** banana republic.

Edited by Occams Razor
  • Confused 1

On 6/9/2018 at 9:58 AM, OverSword said:

You are so wrong.  China is not how you picture it.  I watched a documentary on NHK about the construction of the first trans-china highway (which is not very old to clue you in on Chinese organization and infrastructure) It was a nightmare of graft, bribery and organized crime gangs with corrupt construction companies fleecing everyone throughout the entire endeavor.  You may think that the government has everyone in a terrified lock-step but that is not the reality. 

I can't argue this point, that's true as well. The govt there TRIES to have it all under control while in same time trying to enrich themselves without sticking their heads out too far out of the windows, but yes, what you've pointed out is indeed very true too.

• Thanks 1

On 6/25/2018 at 7:40 PM, Occams Razor said:

Of course they would. The enemy has to spend time and money coming up with counter measures

"Let the enemy think you are doing something even though you are not, so they waste resources to counter it" Is a old Chinese military tactic.

• Like 2

On 6/25/2018 at 4:40 PM, Occams Razor said:

Of course they would. The enemy has to spend time and money coming up with counter measures and trying to develop a similarly capable device of their own. They have been working on combat drones that can take far more G Force than a human pilot for years, and this is British, it's not from some bum-**** banana republic.

Then I wonder why the USA kept the wraps on the SR-71 for decades?  Must be very poor strategists here I suppose.  :rolleyes:

• Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, OverSword said:

Then I wonder why the USA kept the wraps on the SR-71 for decades?  Must be very poor strategists here I suppose.  :rolleyes:

Then you have that black triangle shaped "whatisit?" That everybody whose been on a battlefield has seen but nobody knows what it is. Just that it's American and it's REALLY fast.

• Like 1

The image of the "Chinese drone" looks badly faked. It looks so "Iranian".  BTW, where is Bagdad-Bob now?

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, toast said:

The image of the "Chinese drone" looks badly faked. It looks so "Iranian".  BTW, where is Bagdad-Bob now?

Wind tunnel/radar target mockup. Aerospace companies make so many different shapes and sizes it never looks like the finished product anyway.

13 minutes ago, Piney said:

Wind tunnel/radar target mockup. Aerospace companies make so many different shapes and sizes it never looks like the finished product anyway.

I dont think its a mockup, I think the object was added by Photoshop because the surface reflections dont match the rest of the image. Its not a Z-movie, its a Z-image

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, toast said:

I dont think its a mockup, I think the object was added by Photoshop because the surface reflections dont match the rest of the image. Its not a Z-movie, its a Z-image

I stopped wearing my dollar store reading glasses. They give me a headache, so I'm not looking to close.:lol:

• Like 1

On 6/27/2018 at 11:30 PM, OverSword said:

The SR71 wasn't a weapons platform.

7 hours ago, Occams Razor said:

The SR71 wasn't a weapons platform.

No, it was a top secret military aircraft.  How many "weapons platforms" were kept secret after deployed and most certainly while being developed?  Tanks.  Nuclear artillery.  Drones. Assault Shotguns.  PHASR rifles.  My God the list is longer than a bus.

15 hours ago, OverSword said:

No, it was a top secret military aircraft.  How many "weapons platforms" were kept secret after deployed and most certainly while being developed?  Tanks.  Nuclear artillery.  Drones. Assault Shotguns.  PHASR rifles.  My God the list is longer than a bus.

The SR71 was a spy plane... spying is usually kept secret, is it not?