Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Seked of the Grand Gallery?

sirfiroth

Hi All,

Just curious whether anyone has determined the seked of G1's Grand Gallery? Ascending Passageway? If so, what are the evidentiary proofs?

Regards,

Jacob

7 hours ago, sirfiroth said:

Hi All,

Just curious whether anyone has determined the seked of G1's Grand Gallery? Ascending Passageway? If so, what are the evidentiary proofs?

Regards,

Jacob

I googled and didn't get a hit, maybe add a little detail to the stone soup, just for flavor.

jmccr8

Edited by jmccr8
#@&?ING phone
  • Thanks 1

I was in too much of a lazy mood to dig out my books that might have this information, so I turned to the internet. Take that as you will.

The web page I found said the Grand Gallery is 14 seqed (26.5 degrees).

Source

It's someone's blog to boot, so I can't ensure absolute accuracy. It's a jumping-off point, if nothing else.

3 hours ago, jmccr8 said:

I googled and didn't get a hit, maybe add a little detail to the stone soup, just for flavor.

jmccr8

No stone soup, jmccr8. I've warned you about that. You don't know where those stones have been.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

12 hours ago, kmt_sesh said:

I was in too much of a lazy mood to dig out my books that might have this information, so I turned to the internet. Take that as you will.

The web page I found said the Grand Gallery is 14 seqed (26.5 degrees).

Source

It's someone's blog to boot, so I can't ensure absolute accuracy. It's a jumping-off point, if nothing else.

Thanks for the info. I found similar information at <http://www.ronaldbirdsall.com/gizeh/petrie/c7.html#36> in sections 36, 38 and 46 for the angles for the interior passages of G1. Although Petrie does provide measured and estimated angles he says nothing about the seked values that establish these gradients.

Regards,

Jacob

Take the cotangent of the angle and convert it to a ratio of whole numbers.

Or, you could use the angle's compliment, in which case the seked of the complementary angle is 7*tan(theta) where theta is the compliment of the angle you're looking for.

This assumes you mean to know the seked of the angle measured from the ground upward.

image.png.afbdf685a01e5a4e8efaeeb3bb4abbf5.png

Harte

Edited by Harte